Theodore Roosevelt was one bad ass American politician and author. He was also the leader of the Republican Party and was elected as the 26th president of the United States of America at the age of just 43 (He is the youngest American president in history).
In 1906, he won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War. His famous ideology was “speak softly and carry a big stick”.
Here are some life lessons that you can learn from several of Theodore Roosevelt’s famous quotes.
1. Make the best use of what you have. No Excuses.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” –Theodore Roosevelt
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. This lesson is especially true for entrepreneurs. No matter what you have or where you are, always try to make the best use of your circumstances to pursue your goal. Don’t point fingers or whine if you get the short end of the stick. Utilize every resource available to you. Look around you, what resources you have? Are there any alternatives? The key here is to start immediately with everything you have.
This quote also strips away every excuse you might have for not doing something. Don’t say “I don’t have this or that, so I can’t do this or that.” That’s bull shit. If you want to do something, you can just do it with what you have or you can search for alternatives. No excuses for yourself. Never let your circumstances stop you.
For example, you don’t need to have a gym membership to get fit. You can learn which workout routines are suitable for you from Youtube and workout on your own in your own home. Going to the gym is not the only way to get fit.
“I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.” -Florence Nightingale
You want to succeed? Then, never give any excuses. Ever. Never point fingers at anything. Never blame anything. You can’t change others, only yourself! You’re one step further away from success in your life every time you find excuses for yourself.
2. Self-Discipline is essential in our life.
“With self-discipline most anything is possible.” –Theodore Roosevelt
Self-discipline is the ability to control ourselves to do the right things. With self-discipline you can overcome procrastination. You can get yourself to do what you should have been doing. You have a clear idea on what you should be doing.
Put it in a simple way, self-discipline is what makes you do the things that you should do, yet you aren’t willing to do. Just like waking up early in the morning to jog around the park no matter how tired you are the previous day. Your body will doubtlessly resist doing it, but with self discipline, you’re able to force yourself to stick to the plan.
Self-discipline is really important in order to succeed. Without it, we will be lazy, we will procrastinate. It’s one of the most important ingredients of success as it allows us to stick to our schedule, our plan. It allows us to focus on the goal, the end game, and that’s what going to make us succeed in the future.
3. Self-confidence is the key.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
Believing in yourself is really important in allowing you to live your life to the fullest. Without self-confidence, you can’t succeed. Why? If even you yourself can’t believe in your own abilities, who will? How can you convince others if you can’t even convince yourself? To succeed, you must first believe that you can succeed. Do that, and you have won half of the battle!
“They succeed, because they think they can.” -Virgil
Even Virgil, Rome’s greatest poet, believed in the power of self-belief. Believe in yourself before anyone else can believe in you – that’s the key of success. You see, self-confidence plays an important role in our life. Without it, we will felt depressed whenever stuff doesn’t go our way, we lack the courage to pursue our dreams and we will give up the moment we face any hardship or obstacles.
But how do we improve our self-esteem? See the positive in the negatives, develop a positive mindset. And, don’t ever doubt your own capability. Remember, everyone is meant for something great, you just haven’t realized your potential yet!
4. Don’t afraid to try to succeed.
Don’t be afraid to speak out whenever you have any ideas. Don’t be scared of failure. Always remember the simple fact that if you never try, you will never know what the result might be. Yes, there is a possibility that you might fail after you try, but you can rest easy knowing that at least you tried. Also, don’t give up even if you experience failure. Take it as a lesson in life. Did you know that Walt Disney got turned down 302 times before he got financing to build Disneyland?
Yes, failure is hard to accept, it has always been. But failure is also an opportunity to grow. It’s part of the path towards success. Every successful person faced failure multiple times before in their lives. Why did they finally succeed? Because they dared to try. They dared to take action to make their dreams a reality. More importantly, they dared to fail. They are never afraid of trying and taking action in their path to success.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” –Mark Twain
Craving for success? Take action now, don’t ever allow yourself to regret your inaction in the future.
5. When it’s time to enjoy, enjoy. When it’s time to work, work hard.
“When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” –Theodore Roosevelt
This quote is speaks of an important lesson. When it’s time for entertainment, enjoy yourself, but when it’s time for to be serious, you got tostay away from all distractions. Pay full attention to the task at hand. FOCUS!
The front part of the quote tells us that, it’s okay to take a break from your for some entertainment and to relax. There is no sin in taking a break. You don’t need to burn yourself out. However, you have to maintain a working balance between work and entertainment. Don’t forget that you’re human too.
“Play” when necessary. But when it’s time to work, you should put 100% of your effort on it. Focus on the tasks you’re doing. Stay away from anything that will distract you: smartphones, television, snacks, the internet & etc. Especially when you know you get distracted easily. Stay focused until you have done your job.
“The successful warrior is the average man, with laserlike focus.” –Bruce Lee
That’s how some people become successful. They focus like a laser when it comes to work. Maintain a balance between work and play in life and never overwhelm yourselves with a heavy workload.
6. Grab every opportunity that comes to you.
“When you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” –Theodore Roosevelt
When any opportunity comes to you, grab it, even if you’re not fully prepared. Opportunities are rare and far between, so when you come across an opportunity, make sure you don’t miss it. Don’t hesitate. Don’t doubt your own ability! Seize the moment!
Like what the last part of the quote says, after grabbing the opportunity, get busy and find out how to get things done. When you accept a job, you will want to do a good job. Thus, you will definitely find out how to do it. Why am I so sure? Because when there is a will there is a way.
“Either I will find a way, or I will make one.” – Philip Sidney
If you can’t find one? Just make one.
The message Theodore is trying to send is to grab every opportunity you have in your life, even if you aren’t prepared. If you don’t seize the opportunity, you may regret in the future. Besides, do you see the positive mindset in the quote? “Certainly I can” You’ve just got to believe in yourself!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
9 Support Networks All Entrepreneurs Need to Succeed in Business
How to Overcome Stage Fright in 5 Simple Steps
5 DIY Skills That Will Take Your Entrepreneurial Journey to New Levels
3 Steps to Overcome Your Brain Biases and Become a Better Leader
3 Ways to Optimize Your Life for Success
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Things You Should Do if You Want to Live a Successful and Prosperous Life
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Want to Be an Entrepreneur? It’s Impossible Without These 3 Characteristics
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
4 Ways You Can Master Magnetic Confidence – Ashley Hann
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
19 Success Mantras From Zig Ziglar to Help You Unleash Your True Potential
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Reasons Why Walking Away Can Bring You Greater Success
- Podcasts3 weeks ago
Top 12 Addicted2Success Podcast Episodes for You to Listen To
- Life2 weeks ago
7 Essential Mindset Shifts From Gary Vaynerchuk That’ll Help You Have an Amazing Life
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Life-Changing Benefits of Having a Purpose