Have you ever heard of Charles Bukowski?
Even if you haven’t, all you need to know is that you’re in for a treat for the mind.
Charles Bukowski doesn’t hold back when it comes to living your life and igniting your creativity.
With thousands of poems, short stories and over sixty books under his name, Bukowski’s knowledge is surely able to make you think for yourself so you can do something about your life.
I’ve added my own points in some of the quotes below.
Charles Bukowski Quotes
1) “Find what you love and let it kill you.” – Charles Bukowski
I love how he put it. Find that passion and let it kill you. Let it take over your life.
I think it perfectly portrays passion and how it runs deep. Let it seep into your everyday life and that’s how you truly follow your heart.
Yep. Passion isn’t just a hobby.
2) “How the hell could a person enjoy being awakened at 6:30AM, by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?” – Charles Bukowski
3) “Almost everyone is born a genius and buried an idiot.” – Charles Bukowski
I guess other people, society and essentially life itself gets in the way of your born being special. It’s up to you to harness your inner genius.
4) “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – Charles Bukowski
Because real character is built through hardship and challenges. Anything less is kind of easy. Everyone can do that.
5) “We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” – Charles Bukowski
6) “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.” – Charles Bukowski
7) “If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence.” – Charles Bukowski
You may not see it in front of you, but a lot of your so-called friends aren’t true friends. The ones who stick around when you’re at your lowest are the best. The ones who flee when they see they can’t use you anymore aren’t friends at all.
8) “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts. While the stupid ones are full of confidence.” – Charles Bukowski
Please fuel your knowledge with courage!
9) “I wasn’t much for a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing.” – Charles Bukowski
10) “If you’re losing your soul and you know it, then you’ve still got a soul left to lose.” – Charles Bukowski
11) “Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.” – Charles Bukowski
12) “To do a dull thing with style, now that’s what I call art.” – Charles Bukowski
13) “You’ve to die a few times before you actually live.” – Charles Bukowski
14) “People are strange. They are constantly angered by trivial things, but on a major matter like totally wasting their lives, they hardly seem to notice.” – Charles Bukowski
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
28 Inspirational Movie Quotes That Will Teach You the Most Valuable Life Lessons
Inspiration may come from everywhere, and the more it encourages us to act, the better. Movies are a common source of inspiration in the modern world, with hundreds of masterpieces created over the years. Often, there’s more than just the plot that we should pay attention to. (more…)
25 Quotes About Resilience to Help You Bounce Back in Tough Times
Wondering how to bounce back in tough times? If you’re feeling devastated, defeated, even frightened, you might not see a way out of despair. And though family and friends tell you to stay strong because time heals all wounds, you find just surviving today the greatest struggle of all. So, how do you get back up when life knocks you down? (more…)
The Truth About Marketing Every First Time Founder Should Know
Success Is Never Owned and Rent Is Due Everyday
5 Smart Goals to Make This Year Your Most Successful Ever
Here’s When Self Improvement Becomes Ineffective
7 Ways to Face Adversity Using the Power of Extreme Ownership
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
7 Days to Success: a Weekly Ritual to Become a Successful Entrepreneur
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Write Down Your Goals
- Life3 weeks ago
3 of the Most Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Sports
- Life4 weeks ago
How to Discover the Fears That Impede Your Behaviors and Thwart Your Plans
- Life4 weeks ago
How to Crush Fear, Beat Imposter Syndrome, and Create a Fulfilled Life
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How to Use the 3 Sins of Motivation to Achieve Your Goals
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Entrepreneurs: Here’s the Best Method to Help You Get Your Money Right
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How Can I Stay Organized When I Have Too Much on My Plate? Here’s How: