Have you ever heard of Charles Bukowski?
Even if you haven’t, all you need to know is that you’re in for a treat for the mind.
Charles Bukowski doesn’t hold back when it comes to living your life and igniting your creativity.
With thousands of poems, short stories and over sixty books under his name, Bukowski’s knowledge is surely able to make you think for yourself so you can do something about your life.
I’ve added my own points in some of the quotes below.
Charles Bukowski Quotes
1) “Find what you love and let it kill you.” – Charles Bukowski
I love how he put it. Find that passion and let it kill you. Let it take over your life.
I think it perfectly portrays passion and how it runs deep. Let it seep into your everyday life and that’s how you truly follow your heart.
Yep. Passion isn’t just a hobby.
2) “How the hell could a person enjoy being awakened at 6:30AM, by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?” – Charles Bukowski
3) “Almost everyone is born a genius and buried an idiot.” – Charles Bukowski
I guess other people, society and essentially life itself gets in the way of your born being special. It’s up to you to harness your inner genius.
4) “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – Charles Bukowski
Because real character is built through hardship and challenges. Anything less is kind of easy. Everyone can do that.
5) “We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” – Charles Bukowski
6) “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.” – Charles Bukowski
7) “If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence.” – Charles Bukowski
You may not see it in front of you, but a lot of your so-called friends aren’t true friends. The ones who stick around when you’re at your lowest are the best. The ones who flee when they see they can’t use you anymore aren’t friends at all.
8) “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts. While the stupid ones are full of confidence.” – Charles Bukowski
Please fuel your knowledge with courage!
9) “I wasn’t much for a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing.” – Charles Bukowski
10) “If you’re losing your soul and you know it, then you’ve still got a soul left to lose.” – Charles Bukowski
11) “Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.” – Charles Bukowski
12) “To do a dull thing with style, now that’s what I call art.” – Charles Bukowski
13) “You’ve to die a few times before you actually live.” – Charles Bukowski
14) “People are strange. They are constantly angered by trivial things, but on a major matter like totally wasting their lives, they hardly seem to notice.” – Charles Bukowski
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
How to Harness the Power of Your Personal Narrative
7 Ways Yoga Effectively Motivates You to Achieve Success
If You Want Your Business to Grow, You Need to Increase Your Capacity in the Following 4 Areas
The Importance of Failure: Why We Should Fail Forward
The Secret to Becoming the Most Desirable Person to Do Business With
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Things You Should Do if You Want to Live a Successful and Prosperous Life
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Want to Be an Entrepreneur? It’s Impossible Without These 3 Characteristics
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
4 Ways You Can Master Magnetic Confidence – Ashley Hann
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
19 Success Mantras From Zig Ziglar to Help You Unleash Your True Potential
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
3 Reasons Why Walking Away Can Bring You Greater Success
- Life4 weeks ago
How 8 Minutes of Meditation Can Give You the Productivity Boost You Need
- Life4 weeks ago
5 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Hitting Rock Bottom
- Life4 weeks ago
This 5 Minute Test Will Instantly Change Your Life