It’s hard to stay strong when you feel like giving up. It feels like your world is crumbling down around you, and there is no option out. The reason why we think like this is because we forget about the big picture. We focus on the minor things and not the major things that are important in our life.
Every day is a struggle if you have a negative mindset, when you are wallowing in pity and misery it is hard to see the good and the true potential that is inside of you. That is why I have decided to gather a collection of some of the worlds top stay strong quotes for you when times get tough.
Quotes are amazing things. They fuel our inspirational fire when our internal light is dim. So why not read them, share them and focus on what really matters in life. Living our life with positivity so that we can continue to improve and achieve what we desire.
Enjoy these 101 Stay Strong Quotes that will Inspire you To Never Give Up on your dreams.
Stay Strong Quotes for Inspiration
1. “When we see beyond pain & find ourselves in others we learn to love at the deepest level.” – Jason Garner
2. “Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotti
3. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
4. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer
5. “I am two of the most powerful words; for what you put after them shapes your reality.” – Bevan Lee
6. “No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people DON’T believe in your dream,Never give up!” – Eric Thomas
7. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
8. “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.” – Unknown
9. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
10. “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There’s really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11. “Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All is does it steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.” – Lionel Willard
12. “I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
13. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Gerard Way
14. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Winston Churchill
15. “Success is what happens after you have survived all your mistakes.” – Anora Lee
16. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
17. “Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.” – Unknown
18. “Feeling fear is human, but conquering it will make you feel empowered, courageous, and proud.” – Alex Niles
19. “Forgive yourself for not being where you thought you would be by now.” – Terri Cole
20. “Work hard for what you want because it wont come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah LaBelle
21. “When it comes to your dreams, every risk is worth it.” – Joel Brown
22. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Unknown
23. “The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.” – Swami Sivananda
24. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
25. “You Were Given This Life Because You Are Strong Enough To Live it.” – Unknown
26. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
27. “Change the changeable. Accept the unchangeable. And remove yourself from the unacceptable.” – Denis Waitley
28. “The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help.” – Demi Lovato
29. “Be strong, things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.” – Unknown
30. “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo
31. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
32. “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.” – Judith May
33. “Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. Stay strong.” – Unknown
34. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
35. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
36. “Every master was once a disaster.” – David T.S Wood
37. “Stay strong, keep them wondering how you’re still smiling.” – Unknown
38. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
39. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
40. “Remember that guy that gave up? Well, Neither does anybody else.” – Unknown
41. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
42. “Remember: There are years that ask questions, and years that answer.” – Zora Neale Hurston
43. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
44. “Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.” – Alyse Huller
45. “Remind yourself that it’s okay not to be perfect.” – Unknown
46. “No one has the power to shatter your dreams unless you give it to them.” – Maeve Greyson
47. “Dealing with backstabbers there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned. Don’t let them get you down.” – Eminem
48. “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” – George Bernard Shaw
49. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Don’t stop!” – Unknown
50. “He conquers who endures.” – Persius
51. “Change may not be easy, but it’s possible.” – Lisa Mayne
52. “When someone tells you that you can’t do something, perhaps you should consider that they are only telling you what they can’t do.” – Sheldon Cahoon
53. “Things happen to you to make you realize your true potential, strength, will power, and heart. You’ve got to have faith.” – Dr. Byron Hayes
54. “One small crack does not mean you are broken. It means you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
55. “Be strong enough to let go, and patient enough to wait for what you deserve.” – Simone Thiel
56. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
57. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
58. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
59. “Conquer all your fears and you’ll be amazed at how awesome your life can become.” – Joel Brown
60. “Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.” – Unknown
61. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.” – Vivian Komori
62. “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Jack Kornfield
63. “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” – Albert Einstein
64. “Successful people spend 10% of their time focused on the problems and 90% of the rest, focused on the solution.” – Tony Robbins
65. “Just Remember: To be great you have to be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood. Stay strong”. – Rumah Sehat
66. “The man at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Vince Lombardi
67. “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up. – Rocky Balboa
68. “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown
69. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
70. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
71. “PUSH stands for, (P)ersistence, (U)ntil, (S)omething, (H)appens!” – Unknown
72. “Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you.” – Edmund Lee
73. “Some days you’re gonna get it right and some days you;re gonna get it wrong. But no matter what, never stop trying to get it!” – Eddie Harris Jr.
74. “Don’t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try.” – Unknown
75. “It’s okay to struggle, but it’s never okay to give up on yourself.” – John Zickefoose
76. “When you feel worried/stressed, take a deep breath so that your body feels supported by you.” – Penny Vai
77. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Unknown
78. “When life is sweet, say thank you & celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you & grow.” – Shauna Niequest
79. “You can only grow if you’re willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
80. “Life goes by fast. Enjoy it…Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.” – Joan Rivers
81. “If we suppress negative feelings, we do not allow for the authenticity of our human expression.” – Christian Hassler
82. “Open yourself to the possibility that you are not alone, that everyone, at some point feels the same way.” – Jason Garner
83. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
84. “It’s how you view the life inside you that creates the life outside of you. Everyday.” – James Altucher
85. “Be open to change. Nothing in this world is permanent.” – Skylar Liberty
86. “I’m stronger because of the hard times, wiser because of my mistakes, and happier because I have known sadness.” – Allison Vogel
87. “If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.” – Unknown
88. “Some people come into your life as blessings. Others come into your life as lessons.” – Mother Teresa
89. “Instead of complaining that the rose bush is full of thorns, be happy the thorn bush has roses.” – Proverb
90. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
91. “Worry looks around, fear looks back, faith looks up, guilt looks down, but I look forward.” – John Carter
92. “Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom.” – The Dalai Lama
93. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
94. “Letting go isn’t the end of the world. It’s the beginning of a new life.” – Unknown
95. “Never assume that you’re stuck with the way things are. Life changes, and so can you.” – Ralph Marston
96. “Running away from your problems is a race you’ll never win. Face them head on, knowing there will be brighter days.” – Unknown
97. “Don’t close the book when bad things happen in your life! Just turn the page and start a new chapter!” – LaToya Jackson
98. “There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
99. “Make a commitment to your self that today, success is your only options! No matter the obstacles, no matter the sacrifice! you have decided you won’t be denied, you won’t be defeated!” – Eric Thomas
100. “Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder and not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.” – Unknown
101. “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” – Swami Vivekananda
What are your favorite Stay Strong quotes? Share them in the comment section below.
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
Social Intelligence: Great Relationships Ensure Your Workplace Success
The Main Reason Why You’re Consistently Losing Sales
6 Simple but Effective Ways You Can Get the Very Best From Your Team
Do Not Let Fear Beat You: 6 Ways to Boost Your Courage Right Now
5 Ways to Supercharge Your Teams Motivation With Mindfulness
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How Positive Self-Talk Boosts Motivation and Productivity
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Embrace a Growth Mindset to Achieve an Infinite Amount of Success
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Keys to Getting the Results You Want in Life
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
7 Key Elements to Changing Your Mind to a Business Mindset
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Quick Tips to Overhaul Your Mindset With Ease
- Life3 weeks ago
Awakening to Significance: The Reward of Living a Meaningful Life