To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
- How We Treat Postings To This Site (Blog, Forum, or Chat Room).
4.1 We will not treat information that you post to areas of this site that are viewable by others (for example, to a blog, forum or chat-room) as proprietary, private, or confidential. We have no obligation to monitor posts to this site or to exercise any editorial control over such posts; however, we reserve the right to review such posts and to remove any material that, in our judgment, is not appropriate. Posting, transmitting, promoting, using, distributing or storing content that could subject us to any legal liability, whether in tort or otherwise, or that is in violation of any applicable law or regulation, or otherwise contrary to commonly accepted community standards, is prohibited, including without limitation information and material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements, or other intellectual property rights, and material that violates export control laws.
4.2 We, in our sole discretion and without notice, reserve the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, remove or delete any material submitted as a comment to blog, forum or chat-room provided for display or placed on this site. Specifically, we reserve the right to delete or decline to post content that contains profanity; sexual content; overly graphic, disturbing or offensive material; vulgar or abusive language; hate speech, defamatory comments, or offensive language targeting any specific demographic; personal attacks of any kind; spam; promotions for commercial products or services.
4.3 By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that we are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
- Defamation; Communications Decency Act Notice. This site is a provider of “interactive computer services” under the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. Section 230, and as such, our liability for defamation and other claims arising out of any postings to this site by third parties is limited as described therein. We are not responsible for content or any other information posted to this site by third parties. We neither warrant the accuracy of such postings or exercise any editorial control over such posts, nor do we assume any legal obligation for editorial control of content posted by third parties or liability in connection with such postings, including any responsibility or liability for investigating or verifying the accuracy of any content or any other information contained in such postings.
- Separate Agreements. You may acquire products, services and/or content from this site. We reserve the right to require that you agree to separate agreements as a condition of your use and/or purchase of such products, services and/or content.
- Ownership. The material provided on this site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States copyright law and international treaties. The copyrights and other intellectual property in the content of this site is owned by us and/or others. Except for the limited rights granted herein, all other rights are reserved.
- DMCA Notice. This site is an Internet “service provider” under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). As Required by the DMCA, this site maintains specific contact information provided below, including an e-mail address, for notifications of claimed infringement regarding materials posted to this site. All notices should be addressed to the contact person specified below (our agent for notice of claimed infringement):
Notification of Claimed Infringement: Addicted2Success using the trade name Addicted2Success 11 Jenkin Mews, Atwell WA 6164, Australia Agent’s Name/Email Address: email@example.com
You may contact our agent for notice of claimed infringement specified above with complaints regarding allegedly infringing posted material and we will investigate those complaints. If the posted material is believed in good faith by us to violate any applicable law, we will remove or disable access to any such material, and we will notify the posting party that the material has been blocked or removed.
In notifying us of alleged copyright infringement, the DMCA requires that you include the following information: (i) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (ii) description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit us to locate the alleged material; (iii) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and/or e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (v) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Failure to include all of the above-listed information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.
- Warranty Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENTS SIGNED BY THE PARTIES, THE SERVICES, CONTENT, AND/OR PRODUCTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS”, AND NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO SUCH PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR CONTENT. EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT SIGNED BY THE PARTIES OR SEPARATE AGREEMENT ORIGINATING FROM THIS SITE, THIS SITE AND ITS LICENSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THIS SITE OR PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT ACQUIRED FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, CORRECTNESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS SITE AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR CONTENT: (A) WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR (C) WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING ANY MEDICAL ADVICE REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
The information provided on this website is provided for personal information and entertainment purposes only, and is intended for personal, non-medical use. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness, or to prescribe any medication or other medical treatment, nor is it intended to be a substitute for medical, psychotherapy or psychiatric treatment. It is also not intended to provide specific therapeutic, commercial, financial, tax, legal or other professional advice. If you have any medical conditions and/or require medical assistance, consult a qualified medical professional.. THESE DISCLAIMERS CONSTITUTE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO PURCHASE OR USE OF THE ITEMS OFFERED BY THIS SITE IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THESE DISCLAIMERS. IF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEN ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS SITE AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR CONTENT, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, EVEN IF THIS SITE OR OUR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Links to This Site. We grant to you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to this site provided that the link does not portray us or our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or offensive matter. You may not use any logo, trademark, or tradename that may be displayed on this site or other proprietary graphic image in the link without our prior written consent.
- Participation In Promotions of Advertisers. You may enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of advertisers promoting their products, services or content on this site. Any such correspondence or participation, including the delivery of and the payment for products, services or content, are solely between you and each such advertiser.
- Consumer Rights Information; California Civil Code Section 1789.3. If this site charges for services, products, content, or information, pricing information will be posted as part of the ordering process for this site. We maintain specific contact information including an e-mail address for notifications of complaints and for inquiries regarding pricing policies in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3. All correspondence should be addressed to our agent for notice at the following address:
Notification of Consumer Rights Complaint or Pricing Inquiry: Addicted2Success using the trade name Addicted2Success 11 Jenkin Mews, Atwell WA 6164, Australia Agent’s Name/Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us with complaints and inquiries regarding pricing and we will investigate those matters and respond to the inquiries.
- Arbitration. Except for actions to protect intellectual property rights and to enforce an arbitrator’s decision hereunder, all disputes, controversies, or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or a breach thereof shall be submitted to and finally resolved by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. There shall be one arbitrator, and such arbitrator shall be chosen by mutual agreement of the parties in accordance with AAA rules. The arbitration shall take place in Las Vegas, Nevada USA, and may be conducted by telephone or online. The arbitrator shall apply the laws of the State of Nevada, USA to all issues in dispute. The controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction for enforcement. Enforcements of any award or judgment shall be governed by the United Nations Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards. Should either party file an action contrary to this provision, the other party may recover attorney’s fees and costs up to $1000.00.
- Controlling Law. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Nevada, USA, excluding rules regarding conflicts of law. The application the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
- Onward Transfer of Personal Information Outside Your Country of Residence. Any personal information which we may collect on this site may be stored and processed in our servers located in the United States or in any other country in which we, or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. You consent to any such transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to any such location.
- Severability. If any provision of these terms is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of these terms, and these terms shall continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as above provided, as the case may be.
- Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for damages for any delay or failure of delivery arising out of causes beyond our reasonable control and without our fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, Acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, riots, wars, embargoes, Internet disruptions, hacker attacks, or communications failures.
— Material Modifications Since September 6, 2017: none.
Social Media Is Killing Your Success: 3 Ways You Can Use it to Your Advantage
How to Build an Unstoppable Mindset According to These 5 Popular Entrepreneurs
4 Reasons Why You Should Quit Reading Motivational Books Today
The Super Power Of Charisma – How You Can Adopt It For Yourself
5 Important Facts You Need to Know About Motivation
3 Practical Ways Successful People Attract Money
How A 45 Year Old Co-worker Inspired Me To Date Again
How Never Giving Up Can Lead You From Pain and Suffering to Ease and Joy
As Bad As Smoking? 3 Reasons to Occasionally Unplug From Technology
5 Ways to Improve Your Audience Engagement
Wow, it sucks to go through another breakup, especially as it’s been less than a year since the last one! I thought I would never date again until a 45-year-old co-worker said this to me:
“If at 45 I can go on Tinder being massively overweight, and not the best to look at, and have lots of guys wanting to date me, then so can you.”
This co-worker had been single for over a decade. She smoked heavily and swore never to date again. That was until her slightly quirky family decided to create a dating profile for her on Tinder.
She met many men on Tinder. There was:
– Tony Soprano with his gambling addiction
– There was chef with his quirkiness
– There was “Tradie” with his 30-year-old model body and six pack
– There was “bikie” who attempted a forced kiss in the middle of a dark car park
All of this got me thinking: “If a 45-year-old who claims that they are not much to look at can have success in dating, then why can’t a young buck like me sort this stuff out?”
Seeing my co-worker’s success inspired me. I vowed to set myself a goal to get this area of my life sorted out. The only problem is I become like an assassin when there’s a goal I want to achieve.
I became obsessed with this whole dating game.
I had no idea what a dating app was.
I had never sent texts to girls that I had never met in person before.
I was terrified of the potential rejection.
What did I do? I just did it anyway and you can do the same.
The myth is that dating isn’t challenging for all of us. It is. We are all afraid to date after a major breakup because we fear that we might someday die lonely.
For the next 5 months, I became obsessed with this dating goal.
I figured if I were going to reach this goal of finding someone through online dating, I would have to put in the work to shorten the time it takes. Many of my friends have been single for more than 5 years and I decided that was not going to happen to me.
I signed up for dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, Coffee Meets Bagel, eHarmony and Happn.
I went on coffee dates before work.
I went on coffee dates during lunchtime.
I went on coffee dates after work.
And then I made sure I was in the zone.
No matter the day or time I was doing something to push my dating game further.
I bought new clothes.
I bought new shoes.
I bought new aftershave.
Not to impress the girls, but to make sure I was feeling good before each date. I wanted to put in the maximum effort I could so that if I failed, I knew that I had given it everything I could.
The start was full of fear.
The first date was horrible. It was a friend of a friend that had been crowdsourced via Facebook for me. I wasn’t ready and she was not really my type. She was into pole dancing and collecting these crystals that apparently heal you or something like that. It was sooooo not me.
I rolled up to the date one hour early to ensure I didn’t miss getting car parking. I waited around until 8 pm for her. She messaged at 8 pm and said she was leaving home now and would be late. I thought to myself, “Clearly this whole dating thing is going to be hard, especially given I am obsessed with productivity and don’t like having my time wasted.”
“Instead of being pissed off, I committed not to tell myself negative stories. I became committed to not getting upset easily like most people do in life”
She finally arrived and I felt quite sick for some bizarre reason. I ordered the drinks and then she paid without me getting a chance to stop her because she felt bad for being late. This was already a mini failure as letting the girl pay on the first date is usually seen as a very bad idea.
At the end of the date, I stupidly asked for a second date and she said yes. I never ended up getting the second date and thank god for that. It did hurt my ego a little.
I then went on more than 50 dates with 50 different women.
This might seem like freaking madness but I believe that to be successful at any goal you need to get really good at your chosen task. On the first date, I sucked big time at dating. After a few dates though, I became really good at it. I figured out quickly what I wanted which I had never done before.
The fear started to dissipate and before long I was completely comfortable. I’d check the apps throughout the day to get fresh leads, meet them, narrow down the list, and then attempt to close them by asking for a second date.
My process was a lot like managing a sales pipeline through a piece of software like Salesforce. It was methodical, intentional, unwavering and organized chaos.
You can date anyone if you believe you can. You can do anything.
The reason I had failed relationships in the past was that I never thought carefully about what I wanted. I somehow thought I wasn’t good enough. Because of this belief, I limited the parameters of my dating apps only to include girls who were no more than two years younger.
I secretly wanted a younger girlfriend but never thought they would go for me. I thought I was too old and that they wouldn’t be able to relate to me. I didn’t swipe right on the good-looking profile pictures because I thought they would never go for an average looking guy like me.
Somewhere along the way when I wasn’t succeeding at my goal, I revaluated what I was doing. I realized I was selling myself short.
I started swiping on stunners.
I opened the age range right up.
To my own disbelief, I was stunned.
Amazing looking models wanted to go on dates with me. Girls that were near geniuses wanted to go on dates with me. Girls who were a lot younger than me were throwing themselves at me. It turns out that I was limiting my chances, not the real world.
The lesson here is to be careful what you filter out. You may be filtering out exactly what you want.
My friends thought I was mad.
They told me it could take 5 years. They told me I may never find someone and I needed to potentially accept this concept. I told myself this was BS. I knew that if I kept trying and didn’t let all of the fear and failure defeat me, I’d be triumphant. I visualized the day I would get my goal.
“Being obsessed with a goal looks like madness to the average Joe; the truth is that it’s how you get stuff done and get what you want in life”
Watching Netflix and saying “The universe will make it happen” doesn’t work.
There’s a lot of this “Law Of Attraction,” praise a statue mumbo jumbo that’s floating around nowadays. People say that it will happen when it’s meant to happen. This mindset will destroy your goal and any chance of being successful at dating.
“Your goal will happen when you put in the work and make it happen”
The dating gods are not going to ride in on a rainbow unicorn and give you some drop-dead gorgeous person who’s got a perfectly tanned body, and an amazing ass, with an incredible personality.
Get to work and stop allowing wet dreams to ruin your life.
Sitting on the couch numbing your brain with Netflix doesn’t work either.
Don’t let desperation overcome you.
One of the girls I met decided to go for someone else. I was shortlisted and lost. She then messaged me to tell me that after a couple of days, her new man forced her head down to the bed and wouldn’t let her leave the room.
She asked me what she should do. Naturally, I told her to leave this horrible man as violence is never acceptable. This girl came across as desperate with every interaction I had with her. She also showed me that she would make other bad decisions and then blame the world.
All of this was due to desperation. Don’t let your need of finding someone allow you to make dumb decisions. You’ll regret it later.
Never be anyone’s Plan B.
This same girl then came back to me later after she dumped this violent man and tried to go on another date with me. I’ve learned over the years that it’s never a good idea to be someone’s Plan B. If you weren’t good enough from the start, then you never will be. I told this girl no and moved on.
What I didn’t do!
Use the apps as a way to randomly sleep with as many girls as possible. In the short term this will stroke your ego; in the long term, you’ll feel like garbage. Dating is not designed to boost your ego and is far better when you concentrate on your long-term happiness.
I also didn’t attempt to date multiple girls at the same time. This doesn’t work and you’ll get found out. Lying destroys all of your hopes and dreams except you never find out that it’s the true cause. Lying gets disguised in other people’s opinions about why you failed.
You will fail if you lie or become a whore.
The problem with online dating.
You start to believe there’s always someone better. You never settle for any prospect that comes your way. The slightest thing that annoys you about the other person can make you think you should keep looking through more profiles.
One girl told me that everything about me was good but she couldn’t deal with the fact I’m vegetarian. Being this trivial is stupid.
Every person you want to date has flaws including you.
You’ll learn to love their flaws in the long-term.
Having a shopping list of wants is great way to be disappointed and remain single.
How to avoid all the pitfalls of online dating and failing at any goal.
Believe in yourself.
Don’t settle for second best.
Don’t look for perfect – it doesn’t exist.
Be a really nice person and treat others nicely.
Don’t try and sleep with them too quickly – you’ll trick yourself into falling for them afterward.
So here’s what happened….
I got what I wanted. I found an intelligent, beautiful, elegant little gem. She’s funny, interesting, clever, successful and has good values.
It took some time and lot’s of dates but I got there. People look at me still like I got lucky although I don’t believe in luck. I gave it everything I could and it was an emotional rollercoaster. I showed the best of me and tried to be the best human being I could.
I practiced being kind, compassionate and humble. With forced intent and continued practice, I got my goal. You can do the same.
Before I go, I want to point out that I don’t tell this very personal story I’d rather not share to make myself look good, so don’t bother leaving comments to this effect. I tell you this very personal story to inspire you to greatness and learn from my foolish mistakes.
Don’t let this negative dating world beat you down. Fight back!
If you want to increase your productivity and learn some more valuable life hacks, then join my private mailing list on timdenning.net
I struggled with many aspects of life early on such as growing up in challenging circumstances and getting bullied at school. I read my first self-development book at 13 and attended many courses and workshops, but nothing I encountered made the difference for me. It was only once I found a set of energetic processes and tools which I now use in my life and my work that I was able to turn things around. (more…)
When you first thought of your business idea and created your business, you were probably thinking about how much people needed what you had to offer and all of the people you were going to be able to help. Even though none of that has changed, it can be really discouraging to continue to post on social media, do Facebook lives, and try to make any kind of a call to action when all there is are crickets when you do. (more…)