Wouldn’t it be awesome to hear what one of the greatest coaches on self-development had to say about gratitude? Well, here’s your chance.
The world-famous Dale Carnegie is an American author, lecturer, and a developer of renowned courses in public speaking, salesmanship, corporate training, self-improvement, and interpersonal skills. His most notable pieces of work “How to Win Friends and Influence People”, a best seller, and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.
Here are 9 of Dale Carnegie’s most powerful quotes on gratitude:
1. “Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think. So start each day by thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for.”
If your happiness is dependent on what you have or who you are, then you’re standing in quicksand. It’s a dangerous place to be and one that you need to leave asap. Being grateful turbocharges your happiness, therefore, improving your wellbeing. You can achieve this by keeping a journal and each day writing the things you’re thankful for.
2. “When ill luck besets us, to ease the tension we have only to remember that happiness is relative. The next time you are tempted to grumble about what has happened to you, why not pause and be glad that it is no worse than it is.”
Misfortunes are guaranteed to happen in our lives. When they do, the easiest route is to complain about these harsh experiences. What we don’t realize is that there’s always the potential of an incident being far worse than it is. So be grateful that whatever misfortune you’re experiencing is not of bigger magnitude.
3. “Try leaving a trail of little sparks of gratitude on your daily trips. You will be surprised how they will set small flames of friendship that will be rose beacons on your next visit.”
Whenever you’re grateful, you become appreciative. As a result, it helps us build new relationships and deepen existing ones. Besides, new opportunities tend to come knocking on your door when we appreciate other people’s contributions.
4. “Let’s not expect gratitude. Then, if we get some occasionally, it will come as a delightful surprise. If we don’t get it, we won’t be disturbed. It is natural for people to forget to be grateful; so, if we go around expecting gratitude, we are headed straight for a lot of heartaches.”
Expectations are the breeding ground for disappointments. When you expect everyone to be grateful for something you have done for them, then you’re setting yourself up for constant heartbreaks. What you can do instead is give your best in whatever you engage in. That way, you will walk away fulfilled you gave it your all whether you’re appreciated or not.
5. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
We’ve all been there. Life sometimes throws at you all manner of curveballs, and it’s frustrating. The good news is, there’s always a spark to be grateful for in the seemingly unending darkness. It could be a supportive partner or friend who has stood by you all along. Yes, it could be hard, but it’s worth a try. It could be the lifeline you need to keep going.
6. “Today is our most precious possession. It is our only sure possession.”
It sounds cliche, but we miss it all the time. You’re either regretting the past or fearful and anxious about what the future holds. The simple truth is, the only gift we have is today. The best we can do is surrender and commit to the present, and life will take care of the rest.
7. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.”
It’s easy to think you’re a failure because you made a mistake. It’s what the world will tell you. What they don’t tell you is that you have gained experience. You get to know what works, and what doesn’t and this increases your chances of achieving success. Be grateful for those mistakes you have made along the way because they’re the foundation on which your success is built.
8. “Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as much happiness out of what you are doing as you can and don’t put off being happy until some future date.”
It happens all the time. You tend to postpone your happiness to a future date when you achieve something. The downside is that it robs you of the joy of enjoying the present. Maybe you’re not where you desire to be in this journey of life, and it’s okay because we are all a work in progress. Don’t discard those goals but instead do yourself a favor by being fully immersed in the present and find the things you are grateful for at this stage in life.
9. “If only the people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying.”
By default, we tend to worry about what we don’t have and forget the treasures we possess. In whatever situation you’re in, there’s always something to be grateful for. A little tweak on your mindset is all you need.
Gratitude is about shifting your mindset and seeing the goodness in your life. It may be difficult at the start, especially if you’re at your lowest, but don’t give up just yet because there’s a ray of hope.
The above gratitude quotes by Dale Carnegie will guide you on the path towards a richer, content, and more fulfilling life. The question is, what’s stopping you?
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
28 Inspirational Movie Quotes That Will Teach You the Most Valuable Life Lessons
Inspiration may come from everywhere, and the more it encourages us to act, the better. Movies are a common source of inspiration in the modern world, with hundreds of masterpieces created over the years. Often, there’s more than just the plot that we should pay attention to. (more…)
25 Quotes About Resilience to Help You Bounce Back in Tough Times
Wondering how to bounce back in tough times? If you’re feeling devastated, defeated, even frightened, you might not see a way out of despair. And though family and friends tell you to stay strong because time heals all wounds, you find just surviving today the greatest struggle of all. So, how do you get back up when life knocks you down? (more…)
Set Yourself Up for Success in 40 Minutes or Less
What Successful Life Leaders Do to Build a Deeply Fulfilling Life
5 Step Blueprint You Need to Embody for Next Level Success
How to Turn Failure Into a Positive Part of Your Life
The Daily Habits of 40 Highly Successful Business Leaders
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The Power of Consistency When Working Towards a Goal
- Life4 weeks ago
These 7 Daily Resolutions Can Change Your Life
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The 4 Principles to Excellence
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Stop the “I’m Not Enough” Mentality
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Habits That Will Turn You Into A High Performer
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Reasons Why Content Is Pivotal For Mental Health Healing
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Open New Doors of Opportunity and Wake Up Fulfilled
- Life2 weeks ago
3 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself and Live an Optimized Life