The lion is a symbol of personal strength, and courage and leadership. Whenever we see these awesome creatures, we are reminded of the raw power and limitless potential that we all share. As a result, many role models can be considered ‘lions’ due to their influence, accomplishments.
Here Are 100 Quotes From Top Lions:
1. “Worrying gets you nowhere. if you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.” – Usain Bolt
2. “There is greatness within you!” – Les Brown
3. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “Failure is not the outcome – failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” – Sara Blakely
5. “Go forth boldly, and mighty forces will come to your aid” – Unknown
6. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
8. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
9. “If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you!” – T. Harv Eker
10. “Your life should be dominated by only one main fear: Not fully optimizing today. That’s the healthiest fear in the world.” – Tai Lopez
11. “Opportunities don’t come knocking on the door. They present themselves when you knock the f*#king door down.” – Greg Plitt
12. “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” – Tony Robbins
13. “If I was not a dreamer, I would have achieved nothing.” – Clint Eastwood
14. “Do the thing that your heart is asking you to do regardless of the external circumstances.” – Elliott Hulse
15. “In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it.” – Jane Smiley
16. “Attack your goals like your life depends on it” – Unknown
17. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
18. “There is no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.” – Dwayne Johnson
19. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Victor Forbes
20. “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
21. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
22. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
23. “Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future.” – Lil Wayne
24. “Lack of emotion causes lack of progress and lack of motivation.” – Tony Robbins
25. “You must lose everything in order to gain anything.” – Brad Pitt
26. “It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.” – Jeff Bezos
27. “You are the master of your environment. You’ve got your own head, your own mind. So once you figure out what you want for yourself, you have to create the proper environment to make sure you can live out all the things you want.” – Tyrese Gibson
28. “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K Rowling
29. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
30. “To do more for the world than the world does for you – that is success.” – Henry Ford
31. “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant
32. “Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is a nightmare.” – Lewis Howes
33. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
34. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
35. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”– Stephen Covey
36. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
37. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
38. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
39. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
40. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
41. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
42. “Look back at your life. It’s always the hardest times that made you who you are.” – Casey Neistat
43. “Average is a failing formula” – Grant Cardone
44. “A lion runs fastest when he is hungry” – Salman Khan
45. “If you let society and your peers define you who you are, you’re less for it” – Hugh Hefner
46. “There isn’t a way things should be. There’s just what happens, and what we do.” – Terry Pratchett
47. “Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” – Winston Churchill
48. “Winners win, and losers lose.” – Eric Thomas
49. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
50. “As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.” – Bob Marley
51. “You are the master of your environment. You’ve got your own head, your own mind. So once you figure out what you want for yourself, you have to create the proper environment to make sure you can live out all the things you want.” – Tyrese Gibson
52. “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
53. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
54. “If tomorrow doesn’t happen, would you still do what you’re about to do today? If that answer is no, you’re alive, but you’re not living.” – Greg Plitt
55. “The secret to success: find something you love to do so much, you can’t wait for the sun to rise to do it all over again.” – Chris Gardner
56. “Ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
57. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
58. “The world is a jungle. You either fight and dominate or hide and evaporate.” – Unknown
59. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African proverb
60. “We only get to play this game one time…one life.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
61. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” – Warren Buffett
62. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
63. “I feel confident because I’m the best player in the world. It’s that simple.” – LeBron James
64. “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
65. “It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once.” – Mark Cuban
66. “It’s never too late to realize what you want in your life and it’s never wrong to fight for it.” – Drake
67. “Every morning you have 2 choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
68. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
69. “You’ve got to stay patient, stay in the moment, keep grinding, … You never know what can happen. And it turned out well.” – Tiger Woods
70. “Everyone wants to eat but few are willing to hunt” – Unknown
71. “Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.” – John Wayne
72. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
73. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
74. “Instead of thinking about work the next day or thinking about what you have to do, if you live in the moment you’ll have some of the best times of your life.” – Big Sean
75. “Success is your duty, obligation, and responsibility” – Grant Cardone
76. “When you are great, you attract great! When you are average, you attract average” – Eric Thomas
77. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Gerard Way
78. “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” – Muhammad Ali
79. “Our ability to handle life’s challenges is a measure of our strength of character.” – Les Brown
80. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” – Denzel Washington
81. “Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
82. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
83. “If you don’t play to win, don’t play at all.” – Tom Brady
84. “The devil whispers “You can not withstand the storm” The warrior replies “I AM THE STORM” – Unknown
85. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Don’t stop!” – Unknown
86. “Poor people put a low value on themselves and their efforts.” – Daymond John
87. “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” – Morgan Freeman
88. “Dare to take chances, lest you leave your talent buried in the ground.” – Phil Knight
89. “And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping? I’m working.” – Will Smith
90. “Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.” – Bruce Lee
91. “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Jack Canfield
92. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
93. “I’m just always looking forwards. I spend very little time, looking backwards” – Gary Vaynerchuk
94. “Successful people have a bigger fear of failure than people who’ve never done anything because if you haven’t been successful, then you don’t know how it feels to lose it all.” – Jay-Z
95. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
96. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
97. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
98. “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.” – Tony Robbins
99. “If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself.” – Jim Rohn
100. “If we are growing we are always going to be outside our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
3 Time-Effective Strategies That Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey Uses to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
5 Ways to Magnetize Your Audience
If You Want to Avoid Failure Once and for All, Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Life4 weeks ago
Meditation for Beginners: How It Works and Where to Start
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Mindset Reframes Business Owners Can Use in 5 Minutes or Less for Greater Success
- Motivation4 weeks ago
The Guide to Staying Motivated While Working Alone
- Startups3 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
3 Impactful Ways to Building a Successful Business in Your First Year as an Entrepreneur
- Life2 weeks ago
3 Inspiring Lessons We Can Learn From Jim Carrey About the Law of Attraction
- Quotes2 weeks ago
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars