Lori Greiner is one of the original sharks on the hit show Shark Tank. She is known as the ‘Queen of QVC’ and has over 120 patents in her name. As a prolific entrepreneur, inventor, and author; Lori has taken small amounts of money and turned it into wealth through good ideas and hard work. She brings years of wisdom and insight to any business she becomes a part of.
Here are some of her best quotes:
1. “As an entrepreneur, you can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” – Lori Greiner
2. “I learned that nobody’s better than you to get your business off the ground. The experience you get is priceless.” – Lori Greiner
3. “There are always things that are needed. There are always ways to do things better. It’s all about offering solutions.” – Lori Greiner
4. “I prefer to like the people I invest in, but it’s not an absolute necessity, as long as they have a good mind and I know they’ll do whatever it takes to be successful.” – Lori Greiner
5. “For an entrepreneur, sometimes the smallest step in the right direction, ends up being the best step of your life. Stick in your little to first if you must, but take the step.” – Lori Greiner
6. “If your home environment is good and peaceful and easy, your life is better and easier.” – Lori Greiner
7. “Sometimes people don’t get anywhere because they sit on something, so afraid to reveal it. And yet, in the reverse, sometimes if you expose something too widely, you can risk losing it.” – Lori Greiner
8. “It’s a fine line, but if you don’t jump out to do something you’ll never get there.” – Lori Greiner
9. “I love the freedom of being an entrepreneur that I do what I want to do when I want to do it.” – Lori Greiner
10. “As an entrepreneur, you can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” – Lori Greiner
11. “A brilliant idea doesn’t guarantee a successful invention. Real magic comes from a brilliant idea combined with willpower, tenacity, and a willingness to make mistakes.” – Lori Greiner
12. “The big thing for me is, I never think about myself as a female in business. I’m a person in business.” – Lori Greiner
13. “People trust I know what I’m doing. I have lots of credibility. I’ve had years of learning. I know and understand my business.” – Lori Greiner
14. “You can make anything happen if you put your mind to it.” – Lori Greiner
15. “Things go wrong all the time when you’re running your own business, but it’s how you perceive it and deal with it that matters.” – Lori Greiner
16. “I had an idea, I was passionate about it and I had to work hard to turn that into a big success and more products.” – Lori Greiner
17. “I think people don’t like it when you’re not confident about what you’re pitching, and they don’t want to invest in you or get behind you.” – Lori Greiner
18. “I’ve always believed you hire character and train skill.” – Lori Greiner
19. “When it’s yours, you don’t mind doing whatever ti takes. As it keeps growing and growing, it’s a lot more work, but you also become better at everything.” – Lori Greiner
20. “The smaller the market, the harder it is to sell.” – Lori Greiner
21. “Reach for the stars; you might just catch one.” – Lori Greiner
22. “Don’t live your fears, life your dreams.” – Lori Greiner
23. “Great ideas don’t sell themselves.” – Lori Greiner
24. “Entrepreneurs tend to be very driven, risk takers, confident, and tenacious. They don’t give up and will find another way to keep driving ahead.” – Lori Greiner
25. “Knowledge is power, especially when starting your own company. Educate yourself in what you’ll need to know.” – Lori Greiner
26. “The biggest accomplishment in life isn’t what you’re paid, it’s who you become.” – Lori Greiner
27. “I’ve achieved a certain amount of success, and now I’m thinking about the good things I can do.” – Lori Greiner
28. “There is nobody who will drive your business life you.” – Lori Greiner
29. “When I had challenges, it taught me to be more on top of it for the future.” – Lori Greiner
30. “Don’t sweat the small stuff (and it’s all small stuff). Always know in the hard times that you have the power to make things work out.” – Lori Greiner
31. “I’m very much a believer that there are no ’no’s.’ Just ‘how can I?’s.” – Lori Greiner
32. “You need to pave your own way in the world.” – Lori Greiner
33. “I was fearless, I knew I would make it work, and that’s the difference between successful entrepreneurs and people that don’t get somewhere – it’s that tenacity and drive.” – Lori Greiner
34. “Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week.” – Lori Greiner
35. “There’s something the same about success and defeat. Both should make you want to work harder.” – Lori Greiner
36. “I think if you just look around and think about what in your life you would like to be better, you can come up with an idea.” – Lori Greiner
37. “Your success will have everything to do with how you perceive yourself, because how you perceive yourself is how others will perceive you too.” – Lori Greiner
38. “Hire prudently, go slow and don’t go overboard.” – Lori Greiner
39. “In business, it is most often all about getting your foot in the door, and once you do, everything opens up and things start to naturally progress into bigger and more opportunities.” – Lori Greiner
40. “As many times as somebody may hit big paydirt, somebody may also fall in the mud. There’s never a guarantee.” – Lori Greiner
41. “Entrepreneurship is the way we take control of our lives in a tough economy.” – Lori Greiner
42. “You are wise when you listen, especially to people with experience.” – Lori Greiner
43. “I have the attitude that anything is doable, that I can make anything happen.” – Lori Greiner
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
6 Things Remarkably Successful Entrepreneurs Do
5 Secrets to Being a Leader Worth Following
The Real Reason You’re Not Living the Life of Your Dreams
Your Enthusiasm Will Make A Difference
6 Ways to Balance a 9-5 and a Work From Home Job at the Same Time
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life4 weeks ago
The 3 Meta-Skills You Need to Learn to Achieve Anything in Life
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Unusual Ways to Identify Your Strengths When You’ve Tried Everything Else
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Have More Money: 5 Secrets You Need to Know to Be Wealthy
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Things You Can Start Doing Today to Succeed With ZERO Talent
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
6 Tips for CEOs to Master Work-Life Balance
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
4 Signs You Need Support in Your Business & How to Pinpoint Where You Need It