Born and raised in Compton CA, Kendrick comes from a neighborhood where rap legends such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog, and Ice Cube started. After growing an online following, Kendrick launched his first major album in 2012 launching himself into mainstream music and the public eye. From there, his career has exploded leading to several Grammy wins and huge critical claim. However, he maintains a humble attitude focusing on mastering his craft & becoming a better person.
Here are some of Kendrick Lamar’s best quotes:
1. “Forgiving is easy. Trusting again, not so much.” – Kendrick Lamar
2. “When you give up it means you never wanted it.” – Kendrick Lamar
3. “Don’t you know your imperfections is a wonderful blessing.” – Kendrick Lamar
4. “I look at where I’m at today and realize that most of my success is owed to the mentors that was in my life.” – Kendrick Lamar
5. “I think my worst problem is actually living in the moment and understanding everything that’s going on. I feel like I’m in my own bubble.” – Kendrick Lamar
6. “Love is not just a verb. It’s you looking in the mirror.” – Kendrick Lamar
7. “Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, you know where they stand.” – Kendrick Lamar
8. “Maybe because I’m a dreamer and sleep is the cousin of death.” – Kendrick Lamar
9. “Look inside my soul and you can find gold maybe get rich. Look inside of your should and you can find out it never exists.” – Kendrick Lamar
10. “You can’t have people listen to you unless you come to their world and then bring them to yours.” – Kendrick Lamar
11. “I can’t change the world until I change myself first.” – Kendrick Lamar
12. “Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things.” – Kendrick Lamar
13. “I ain’t a drinker I’m a thinker, call it what you want.” – Kendrick Lamar
14. “People gonna be they own individuals and have they own worlds and I can’t knock it.” – Kendrick Lamar
15. “I’m tryna learn something new. I’m tryna surround myself with people that inspire me or at least inquire similar desires.” – Kendrick Lamar
16. “Eventually you get to this point where you understand what you want to do.” – Kendrick Lamar
17. “Don’t say one thing then do another.” – Kendrick Lamar
18. “Temptation is just the feeling that you’re the most independent person on planet earth. That you know everything. That’s something that we all go through as a kid. Now, this lifestyle that I’m in, the same thing exists! But it’s 10 times worse, because everything is at my disposal. When you’re in the limelight, you can get anything you want.” – Kendrick Lamar
19. “The best thing is to always keep honest people around, because when you have a bunch of yes men around that know you’re making a mistake but let it go on with it, that’s when it ruins your mind state as an artist.” – Kendrick Lamar
20. “Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust god.” – Kendrick Lamar
21. “I was a black sheep, but now I’m just a goat.” – Kendrick Lamar
22. “We all get distracted, the question is, would you bounce back or bounce backwards?” – Kendrick Lamar
23. “Since day one, since they first time I touched the pen, I wanted to be the best at what I do.” – Kendrick Lamar
24. “Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.” – Kendrick Lamar
25. “The best way to describe myself would be…unpredictable.” – Kendrick Lamar
26. “So the next time you feel like the world’s about to end, I hope you studied, because he’s testing your faith again.” – Kendrick Lamar
27. “We’re all human at the end of the day, making mistakes. But learning from them is key.” – Kendrick Lamar
28. “If I speak the good into existence, that instant my dreams will unlock, money flow like water, I’ll just wait at the dock.” – Kendrick Lamar
29. “I’d rather not live like there isn’t a god, then die and find out there really is. Think about it.” – Kendrick Lamar
30. “Ya’ll don’t want me to win. I’m tryna follow dreams, you want me to follow trends.” – Kendrick Lamar
31. “Everyday I try to escape the realities of this world.” – Kendrick Lamar
32. “Tough times don’t last but tough people do.” – Kendrick Lamar
33. “My moms always told me, ‘How long you gonna play the victim?’ I can say I’m mad and I hate everything, but nothing really changes until I change myself.” – Kendrick Lamar
34. “I learned, when I look in the mirror and tell my story, that I should be myself and not peep whatever everybody is doing.” – Kendrick Lamar
35. “I had to come from something, come from a place that was negative and positive but the majority of it is a negative place.” – Kendrick Lamar
36. “I don’t want to be something that just comes and goes.” – Kendrick Lamar
37. “I live this life at a pace that anyone can go, know your place and dedicate your role, to the faith that you’ll die alone.” – Kendrick Lamar
38. “Whatever pressure I feel all comes from me, from within. I always was that person who was hard on myself and challenged myself no matter what I was doing, whether it was passing third grade or playing basketball.” – Kendrick Lamar
39. “Consequences from evil will make your past haunt you.” – Kendrick Lamar
40. “I’m only as good as my last word, my last hook, my last bridge.” – Kendrick Lamar
41. “My whole thing is to inspire, to better people, to better myself forever in this thing that we call rap, this thing we call hip-hop.” – Kendrick Lamar
42. “Talk about it. Make em talk about it. Life to me is currency, prosperity I got it.” – Kendrick Lamar
43. “The worst part of success is, to me, adapting to it. It’s scary.” – Kendrick Lamar
44. “It’s easy to forget who you are.” – Kendrick Lamar
45. “Take advantage. Do your best, don’t stress. You was granted everything inside this planet, anything you imagine, you possess.” – Kendrick Lamar
46. “Being able to tell one from start to finish, and making that puzzle come together at the end. That’s the art for me.” – Kendrick Lamar
47. “I walk alone with a cross and a diamond stone. I’m a diamond inside the rough, that’s too mighty for maricons.” – Kendrick Lamar
48. “It’s a great, great experience to finally get the reception that you know you rightfully deserve” – Kendrick Lamar
49. “The opposite of love? Vice. Temptation. The negative influences that we have. The bad energy that comes around us and makes us do certain things. To me, it’s always a war between the two.” – Kendrick Lamar
50. “But what love go to do with it when you don’t love yourself?” – Kendrick Lamar
51. “Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs.” – Kendrick Lamar
52. “Don’t wait until it’s too late, you might not get another chance.” – Kendrick Lamar
Which quote inspired you the most? Comment below!
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
Self Sabotage is Your Biggest Hurdle to an Extraordinary Life
5 of the Best Proven Growth Hacking Strategies for Your Business
The 3 Types of Confidence You Need to Know and Understand
3 Simple Tips to Strengthen Your Emotional Intelligence for Better Relationships
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Startups4 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Quotes2 weeks ago
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Inspiring Lessons We Can Learn From Jim Carrey About the Law of Attraction
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
6 Growth Hacking Tips That’ll Show You How to Grow Your Business as Fast as Possible
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How an Entrepreneur Can Create a Truly Balanced Life
- Life1 week ago
If You Want to Avoid Failure Once and for All, Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Steps to Changing Your Scarcity Mindset