Darren Hardy is not only the visionary force behind SUCCESS magazine as its Publisher and Founding Editor, he is also a highly sought after keynote speaker, media contributor and a New York Times bestselling author. Darren champions the message of success, hope and abundant opportunity in everything he does.
Below you will find 40 of his greatest quotes to help you reach your success goals:
1. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge.”
2. “Everything you need to be great is already inside you. Stop waiting for someone or something to light your fire. YOU have the match.”
3. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.”
4. “There is a one thing that 99 percent of “failures” and “successful” folks have in common — they all hate doing the same things. The difference is successful people do them anyway.”
5. “Your past doesn’t define you, it prepares you.”
6. “Hang out with those who have a common future, not a common past.”
7. “Don’t follow your dreams. Chase them down with aggressive pursuit.”
8. “When it comes to breaking old habits and starting new ones, remember to be patient with yourself. You’ve got to expect it’s going to take time and effort before you see lasting results.”
9. “Once-dominant empires have failed for this very reason. People get to a certain level of success and get too comfortable.”
11. “Consistency is the key to achieving and maintaining momentum.”
12. “There’s nothing wrong with ordinary. I just prefer to shoot for extraordinary.”
13. “Choices are at the root of every one of your results. Each choice starts a behavior that over time becomes a habit.”
14. “It’s not enough to choose to be successful. You have to dig deeper than that to find your core motivation, to activate your superpower. Your why-power.”
15. “Everyone is affected by three kinds of influences: input (what you feed your mind), associations (the people with whom you spend time), and environment (your surroundings).”
16. “You alone are responsible for what you do, don’t do, or how you respond to what’s done to you.”
17. “Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.”
18. “In essence, you make your choices, and then your choices make you.”
19. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
21. “Your biggest challenge isn’t that you’ve intentionally been making bad choices. Your biggest challenge is that you’ve been sleepwalking through your choices.”
22. “When you define your goals, you give your brain something new to look for and focus on.”
23. “If you are not making the progress that you would like to make and are capable of making, it is simply because your goals are not clearly defined.”
24. “You get started by taking one small step, one action at a time.”
25. “If you really want to maintain a good habit, make sure you pay attention to it at least once a day, and you’re far more likely to succeed.”
26. “The first step toward change is awareness. If you want to get from where you are to where you want to be, you have to start by becoming aware of the choices that lead you away from your desired destination.”
27. “Motivation without action, leads to self-delusion.”
28. Garden your head – pull out the weeds of excuses and plant the seeds of greatness.”
29. “Start your day with why, then get on with your what.”
31. “It’s not what you learn or what you know; it’s what you do with what you know and learn.”
32. “Falling is part of getting better.”
33. “Fear is not real. It’s an illusion, a phenomenon that resides entirely within your own brain.”
34. “The activities that you are most afraid of are the activities that can cause a breakthrough in your success.”
35. “Unsuccessful people carry their goals around in their head like marbles rattling around in a can, and we say a goal that is not in writing is merely a fantasy.”
36. “Risk means acting without certainty.”
37. “Don’t envy the achiever, BE the achiever.”
38. “What controls your attention, controls your life.”
39. “Critics are bitter dreamers gone scared. Empathize and ignore.”
Thank you for reading my article! Which Darren Hardy quote will you be writing down and reading daily?
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
Don’t Want To Feel Like A Failure Anymore? Stop Doing These 6 Things
3 Books to Help You Learn How to Write Better and More Effectively
The Incredible Journey of Steve Jobs and How Apple Revolutionised the Tech Industry
5 Actionable Tips to Write Better Blog Posts in a Short Amount of Time
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life2 days ago
Don’t Want To Feel Like A Failure Anymore? Stop Doing These 6 Things
- Success Advice6 days ago
7 Steps to Conquering the Fears That Are Holding You Back From Success
- Entrepreneurs13 hours ago
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice7 days ago
If You’re Looking for Success, Here Are 5 Ways to Find It
- Entrepreneurs1 week ago
Tai Lopez’s 6 Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety as an Entrepreneur
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
The 5 Most Popular Daily Habits of Ultra Successful People
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Bounce Back When Life Pushes You Hard
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
9 of the Best Time Management Techniques and How to Choose Which One is Best for You