In 3 Billion Under 30 from TED speaker and award-winning author Jared Kleinert, 75 of the world’s top-performing Millennial entrepreneurs, celebrities, athletes, philanthropists, and more share their first-person experiences and “lessons learned” from finding and acting on their passions in life.
The quotes below, provided by these Avengers-esque individuals, will leave you energized and ready to take action on the things you care about most in your career and in your personal life.
Here are 40 Action-Provoking Quotes From Some Of The World’s Most Talented Millennials:
1. “We brought our line of designer sunglasses with us to New York and transformed into walking advertisements. When people learned where we were coming from and where we wanted to go, they literally bought our glasses right off our faces. It was a crazy feeling.” – Coco & Breezy
2. “I’ve never been scared of opening up or being vulnerable with my audience.” – Kristina Bazan
3. “The biggest lesson has been that I thought I was supposed to look for happiness out there. I thought happiness was something that happens to you. Something you wait around for and expect to show up. What I learned was that happiness grows inside of you as a RESULT of something you DO.” – Shane Feldman
4. “Replace your goals with intentions. Goals are mind-oriented, while intentions sprout from your heart and a deeper awareness. Set clear, specific intentions and then trust the process of your life.” – Chandresh Bhardwaj
5. “To succeed you probably need to do more than “give it your all.” You need to give it your all over and over again. You can graduate at the top of your class, secure a round of funding, get amazing reviews from beta testers and venture capitalists, earn press—and you can still screw up. And that’s okay.” – Alex Klokus
6. “No matter what you may think about yourself, your situation, and where you come from, you have the opportunity to contribute.” – Andrew Jenks
7. “Real progress and innovation happen when we pursue new ideas and learn through tinkering, art, and play. In doing so, we improve our lives both personally and professionally. We make failure feel safe as just part of the ongoing experimental process and increase our chances of solving the world’s most difficult problems.” – Matthew Brimer
8. “No matter what decision you have to make, or whatever risks you’re weighing, good will come from whatever you choose to do. You will always learn something from both positive and negative situations.” – Jake Paul
9. “Instead of letting fear of failure rule my life, I decided to develop an unconventional career out of my hobbies. When I first started crafting my businesses, I didn’t have all the answers as to how I’d acquire wealth through my passions, but I respected the process of figuring it out along the way.” – Karen Civil
10. “I’ve kept saying yes to adventures in pursuit of a story” – Kevin Roose
11. “Once you realize the reason behind your fears, it’s easier to push past them because you can take proactive steps to face them directly.” – Saira Blair
12. “It took me over a decade to realize that helping others through your empowered self and stepping into your greatness is one of the most difficult but satisfying personal transformations.”- Erica Lee
13. “Fifty percent of my newfound success came from hard work and my ability to see a niche. The other half was pure luck.” – Shaun McBride
14. “I’ve shown the world that women can have equal rights and abilities as men. I want you to do the same. Stand up for what you believe.” – Behnaz Shafeili
15. “By choosing to tackle a manageable subsection of a larger problem—rather than insisting on a perfect solution—we can make actual progress on these big social issues.” – Kai Kloepfer
16. “You reach a base level of success by saying yes to everything. By reading everything. By being a sponge. But once you have reached that modest level of success, the only way forward is no.” – Connor Grooms
17. “Whenever you find yourself in a new place where no one knows your story, credibility, or experience, one of the most important things you can do is make yourself known by providing value to the group. Your actions speak louder than words.” – Robert Klubenspies
18. “Find a way to make money online that would not require you to be in a specific location. It can be as simple as teaching languages online, doing web design, writing articles, or as difficult as running a multi-million dollar online startup.” – Jacob Laukaitis
19. “All we can control is our effort, our preparation, and our thoughts.” – Katrín Tanja Davíðsdóttir
20. “We need more young people to come up with ideas that will help us evolve as a country and continent in the global marketplace, but in order to do this, we must first instill in our youth the right kind of mindsets about their futures.” – Reabetswe Molapo
21. “While awards and recognitions are great, they only define success in one way.” – Cyrene Quiamco
22. “My friends and I expected our “come up” to be something bigger. We dreamt of making an impact on the world, getting even bigger houses, and taking care of our parents. We wanted to make them proud.” – Gerard Adams
23. “Most people stop getting uncomfortable. In fact, many people orient their time and energy to maximize their comfort; they search for it and grab onto it, which crushes the trajectory of growth.” – Evan Burns
24. “Through this winding road of nontraditional experiences earned by challenging conventional wisdom, I’ve made lots of mistakes and learned an equal amount of lessons.” – Nick Arnett
25. “Don’t assume that anyone has it all figured out. Don’t assume that anyone knows better than you.” – Amanda Gutterman
26. “Being able to have gratitude for your employees and unique perspective they can give you is huge.” – Jacqueline Ros
27. “The key to kickass communication is “understanding.” Working hard to spare your judgment in favor of focusing on solutions, action, and empathy.” – Gesche Haas
28. “It’s a big mistake not to invest in your network because they can’t do something for you right away.” – Jayson Gaignard
29. “The funny thing is this is this type of focus is totally natural and achievable by everyone. In order to release our true god-given potential, we have to get back to nature.” – Eric Toczko
30. “If there’s anything I’ve learned from a decade of working in the industry, it would be the importance of taking the time to educate yourself and your employees about all the expenses involved in running a business.” – Tara Ansley
31. “I’d failed over and over before, and I knew I had to keep pushing because there’s always someone out there who has it worse.” – Neil Patel
32. “When someone says “no”, take it as a challenge to reframe the opportunity in another way that will make that same person say “yes” later.” – Andrea Simon
33. “Ask yourself: What wisdom is hiding in this moment?” – Caroline Ghosn
34. “Without that ability to communicate, people’s ideas and insights can easily stay trapped in their inner monologues.” – Cloe Shasha
35. “Most importantly, believe in the goodness of others, because they will be there for you when you need them.” – David Finn
36. “When an entity has been building momentum for so long, the slightest change in direction is difficult to achieve.” – Jessica Gerson
37. “If you are bothered by something, don’t complain. Be the change, because you are just as ready and equipped as anyone else.” – Pocket (Yiqing) Sun
38. “By doing and exploring alongside the very best, you will accelerate the discovery of your own passions.” – Tiffany Pham
39. “The drive to “create awesome things and share them with the world” pushed the boundaries of my intellectual curiosity and helped me maintain a life-changing love affair with learning new skills and combining them in unique ways.” – Roberto Blake
40. “If we lose touch with our friends, what’s the point of success? Why climb to the top of a mountain, if you can’t turn to see your friend there with you?” – Charlie Hoehn
Which of these quotes from these inspiring millennials is your favorite? Leave your thoughts below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
Here’s What You Should Do When You’re Overloaded With Work
3 Ways You Can Help Your Children Develop Good Learning Habits
6 Things Remarkably Successful Entrepreneurs Do
5 Secrets to Being a Leader Worth Following
The Real Reason You’re Not Living the Life of Your Dreams
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life4 weeks ago
The 3 Meta-Skills You Need to Learn to Achieve Anything in Life
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Unusual Ways to Identify Your Strengths When You’ve Tried Everything Else
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Have More Money: 5 Secrets You Need to Know to Be Wealthy
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Things You Can Start Doing Today to Succeed With ZERO Talent
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
A Salesman’s Guide to Everyday Conversation With Strangers
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
4 Things You Should Do if Your Drive for Success is Taking a Toll on Your Mental Health