An Entrepreneur, a philanthropist, a billionaire and an extra ordinary genius investor, Warren Buffett is the fourth richest man in the world and the second richest man in the United States after Bill Gates.
Warren Buffett began investing at the ripe young age of 11 and by the age of 13 he was into his own business as a paper-boy, selling his own horse racing tip sheets. Nowadays, Buffett is the Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational Corporation with a net worth of $162 Billion in revenues, as of 2012. But the better part of him, apart from his money and businesses, is his ethics and moral values. He is truly a philanthropist who has vowed to give away his entire wealth of $58.5 Billion to Charity.
Throughout his life, Warren Buffett has shared some worthwhile thoughts on life, generosity, money and investments.
We have featured a lot of Warren Buffett Quotes and Videos on Addicted2Success over the years but here are the top 12 Empowering Lessons from Business Magnate Warren Buffett.
The Best Quotes By Warren Buffett
1. Value Your Reputation
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you thing about that, you’ll do things differently. ~ Warren Buffett
Value your own self and your company’s reputation the most. As he says, it may take plenty of time to build a reputation but only a single deed to lose it in a puff. So build your reputation and never do anything that could compromise it.
2. Work For a Better Future
Someone’s sitting under the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ~ Warren Buffett
If you aspire for a better future, then you must sow the seeds accordingly. What you enjoy now is the result of your previous efforts. You have to put all your sweat in what you do and make the most now, to lead a better future.
3. Bring Value
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. ~ Warren Buffett
You value any brand because of its services, it’s the same thing which is applicable to you when you provide your own service. Your brand’s value is determined by the service you offer.
4. Be Around Better Company
It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction. ~ Warren Buffett
If you want to be successful than you must be surround yourself with successful people, you tend to become that with whom you spend your time most. So choose wisely the people you spend your time with.
5. Patience Is The Key
NO matter how great the talents or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant. ~ Warren Buffett
Apart from the talent and all the persistent efforts you make, what matters the most is patience. You need to have patience to achieve success in any endeavour you take.
6. Take Calculated Risks
Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing. ~ Warren Buffett
You must take risk but it should be a calculated risk. Calculated risks are the risks which you take after considering a lot and you know exactly what you’re doing. It is better to take calculated risks rather than running from facing risks.
7. Do What You Love
There comes the time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age? ~ Warren Buffett
Simply, do what you love. Most of the people are just ruining their lives by living on other’s interest. Follow your passion; find that job in which you find leisure. The day when you don’t feel your work as a job anymore that is the day you’ll taste the satisfaction of a success.
8. Know Your Competition
In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield. ~Warren Buffett
Knowing your competition is always better than knowing yourself. To keep a track on your competition is a must for any business. Successful businessmen always see how their competitors have performed in the past and measure where they may need to head in the future if they want to take edge over others.
9. One Step At A Time
I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over. ~ Warren Buffett
No one is really an overnight success; you’ve got to take baby steps towards your success. Always take small and sustained leaps to your end goal and aim for efficiency by knocking each talent down 1 at a time.
10. Learn To Say “No”
The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. ~ Warren Buffett
You have to pick the your ventures carefully and start saying “no” to the nuisance ideas around you, by doing this you would definitely become a winner. Too many eggs in the basket can burden the load.
11. Honesty Is A Rare Policy
Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people. ~ Warren Buffett
Don’t expect everyone around you to be straight forward with you. Stay close to those who are loyal, honest and true. Keep safe people around you.
12. Take Control
You’ve gotta keep control of your time and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life. ~ Warren Buffett
You are the master of your life and you should never give the steering wheel of life to any other. You must take control and sail your self, don’t get carried away by the tides. Time is your most valuable asset, so use your time very wisely.
What is your favorite Warren Buffet Lesson?
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
9 Reasons Why Attending Networking Events is Crucial for Entrepreneurial Success
How 8 Minutes of Meditation Can Give You the Productivity Boost You Need
5 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Hitting Rock Bottom
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
- Life3 weeks ago
How You Can Use the Power of Gratitude to Your Advantage
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Tony Robbins Top 10 MUST Read Books to Expand Your Mind
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Earn More When You Adopt These 7 Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Life1 week ago
6 Reasons Why You Should Never Glorify Failure After You’ve Failed
- Life4 weeks ago
8 Things You Can Do to Rise Above Failure and Attain Success
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Build Your Inner Confidence and Claim the Life You Deserve
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How YOU Can Create a Powerful 10 Year Life Vision
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
12 Essential Skills Required to Succeed as an Entrepreneur