An Entrepreneur, a philanthropist, a billionaire and an extra ordinary genius investor, Warren Buffett is the fourth richest man in the world and the second richest man in the United States after Bill Gates.
Warren Buffett began investing at the ripe young age of 11 and by the age of 13 he was into his own business as a paper-boy, selling his own horse racing tip sheets. Nowadays, Buffett is the Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational Corporation with a net worth of $162 Billion in revenues, as of 2012. But the better part of him, apart from his money and businesses, is his ethics and moral values. He is truly a philanthropist who has vowed to give away his entire wealth of $58.5 Billion to Charity.
Throughout his life, Warren Buffett has shared some worthwhile thoughts on life, generosity, money and investments.
We have featured a lot of Warren Buffett Quotes and Videos on Addicted2Success over the years but here are the top 12 Empowering Lessons from Business Magnate Warren Buffett.
The Best Quotes By Warren Buffett
1. Value Your Reputation
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you thing about that, you’ll do things differently. ~ Warren Buffett
Value your own self and your company’s reputation the most. As he says, it may take plenty of time to build a reputation but only a single deed to lose it in a puff. So build your reputation and never do anything that could compromise it.
2. Work For a Better Future
Someone’s sitting under the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. ~ Warren Buffett
If you aspire for a better future, then you must sow the seeds accordingly. What you enjoy now is the result of your previous efforts. You have to put all your sweat in what you do and make the most now, to lead a better future.
3. Bring Value
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. ~ Warren Buffett
You value any brand because of its services, it’s the same thing which is applicable to you when you provide your own service. Your brand’s value is determined by the service you offer.
4. Be Around Better Company
It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction. ~ Warren Buffett
If you want to be successful than you must be surround yourself with successful people, you tend to become that with whom you spend your time most. So choose wisely the people you spend your time with.
5. Patience Is The Key
NO matter how great the talents or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant. ~ Warren Buffett
Apart from the talent and all the persistent efforts you make, what matters the most is patience. You need to have patience to achieve success in any endeavour you take.
6. Take Calculated Risks
Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing. ~ Warren Buffett
You must take risk but it should be a calculated risk. Calculated risks are the risks which you take after considering a lot and you know exactly what you’re doing. It is better to take calculated risks rather than running from facing risks.
7. Do What You Love
There comes the time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age? ~ Warren Buffett
Simply, do what you love. Most of the people are just ruining their lives by living on other’s interest. Follow your passion; find that job in which you find leisure. The day when you don’t feel your work as a job anymore that is the day you’ll taste the satisfaction of a success.
8. Know Your Competition
In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield. ~Warren Buffett
Knowing your competition is always better than knowing yourself. To keep a track on your competition is a must for any business. Successful businessmen always see how their competitors have performed in the past and measure where they may need to head in the future if they want to take edge over others.
9. One Step At A Time
I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over. ~ Warren Buffett
No one is really an overnight success; you’ve got to take baby steps towards your success. Always take small and sustained leaps to your end goal and aim for efficiency by knocking each talent down 1 at a time.
10. Learn To Say “No”
The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. ~ Warren Buffett
You have to pick the your ventures carefully and start saying “no” to the nuisance ideas around you, by doing this you would definitely become a winner. Too many eggs in the basket can burden the load.
11. Honesty Is A Rare Policy
Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people. ~ Warren Buffett
Don’t expect everyone around you to be straight forward with you. Stay close to those who are loyal, honest and true. Keep safe people around you.
12. Take Control
You’ve gotta keep control of your time and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life. ~ Warren Buffett
You are the master of your life and you should never give the steering wheel of life to any other. You must take control and sail your self, don’t get carried away by the tides. Time is your most valuable asset, so use your time very wisely.
What is your favorite Warren Buffet Lesson?
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
3 Things Snoopy and the Third Grade Taught Me About Success
15 Leadership Lessons From the World’s Top Female Founders
Ego Contributes to Your Success and Failures
The Secret Formula for Real Financial Success
Be Like Water: 3 Martial Arts Lessons for Negotiation
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Success Isn’t Luck, It’s Based on the Good Habits of Who We Become
- Life1 week ago
Practicing Self-Devotion: 3 Ways Towards a More Mindful and Compassionate You
- Life4 weeks ago
5 Steps to Go From Breakdown to Breakthrough
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
The Day I Stopped Selling and Built a Business
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Common Leadership Myths and How to Overcome Them
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
15 Ways to Become a More Successful Entrepreneur
- Motivation3 weeks ago
What Is Dark Motivation and How Can I Use It to My Advantage?
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Self-Appreciation Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome