72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth

Image Credit | MotivationGrid

Here is a collection of Positive Thinking Quotes that will build your inner strength and help you grow mentally & spiritually so that you can live a successful and optimistic life.

Studies have shown that positive thinking can help with stress management and better health, two very important components that are needed to move through life with energy and enthusiasm.

72 Positive Thinking Quotes

“Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.”  – Edith Wharton

“With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Dr. Wayne W Dyer

“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale

“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.” – Maya Angelou

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle

“An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality.”  – Brian Tracy

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar

“The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Schuller

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” – Douglas Adams

“Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher.” – Maya Watson

“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened” – Mark Twain

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha

“Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle

“The past has no power over the present moment.” – Eckhart Tolle

“Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Francesca Reigler

“I do believe we’re all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.” – Harvey Fierstein

“If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley

“Today is a new beginning, a chance to turn your failures into achievements & your sorrows into so goods. No room for excuses.” – Joel Brown

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins

“We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma

“If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford

“No matter what the situation, remind yourself “I have a choice.” – Deepak Chopra

“All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” – Gary W Goldstein

“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius

“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John C Maxwell

“Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore

“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali

“We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda

“The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown

“If someone tells you, “You can’t” they really mean, “I can’t.” – Sean Stephenson

“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone

“Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” – Michael Landon

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

37 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life

“The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting.” – Walt Disney

“You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S Lewis

“All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller

“Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” – Jon Bon Jovi

“Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.” – Stephen Covey

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” – Kurt Vonnegut

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen

“The next time you feel slightly uncomfortable with the pressure in your life, remember no pressure, no diamonds. Pressure is a part of success.” – Eric Thomas

“When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi

“If you can change your mind, you can change your life.” – William James

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl

“Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore

“The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Unknown

“Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.” – Bernard Baruch

“Doing is a quantum leap from imagining.” – Barbara Sher

“Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell

“The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein

“Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson

“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“One of the most efficient ways you can improve your life is by simply thinking in a more positive way.” – Robert Norman

“Much of our pain or misery in life stems from our own outlook towards the situation. A paralyzed person can also be happy, so can be a financially poor family.” – Amit Ahlawat

“Be vigilant; guard your mind against negative thoughts.”– Buddha

“Research shows there is a strong correlation between positive feelings toward your job, and job performance and productivity.” – Reen Rose

“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”– Thomas Edison

“When you consistently maintain a positive frame of mind, you’ll become known as a problem-solver rather than a complainer. People avoid complainers. They seek out problem-solvers.” Joseph Sommerville

“You can give in to the failure messages and be a bitter deadbeat of excuses. Or you can choose to be happy and positive and excited about life.” – A.L. Williams

“If you focus on the possible when you experience difficult situations, you can positively change your outlook, reduce your stress, and concentrate on achieving things that otherwise may not have been possible.” – Catherine Pulsifer

“I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things halfheartedly because I know if I do, then I can expect halfhearted results.” – Michael Jordan

“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities – always see them, for they’re always there.” – Norman Vincent Peale

“We think positive thoughts and we become a positive person” – Andrew Evans

“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein

“In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.” – Albert Schweizer

Positive Quotes about Thinking Paulo Coelho

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you enjoyed this collection of Positive Thinking Quotes.

Email these to your friends and family and don’t forget to print these out to hang on your bedroom or cubicle wall. You will notice a difference in your day, and your future when you live your life with incredible positivity and energy.

1. js james

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:38 am

Simply superb……Its just like honey added to an apple!!!

2. S Govindarajan

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:17 am

superb quotes I love it thanks for your quotes about life…

3. hari

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:35 am

thank u for ur great quote ..

4. gudboydeson

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:09 am

so sensitive and encouraging too ..

I really appreciate them.

5. Sandy

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:43 am

I enjoy reading these quotes. They are uplifting and inspiring. It’s also wonderful there are so many in one place so that I can seek the one I need to speak to my present situation. Just like the bible, (although the bible is much better), I can truly use these quotes to help maintain inner strength. Thanks to these men and women who have been through what they have or know of people who have… and left words of encouragement for us all.

6. shweta

May 31, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Wonderful , this quotes help to think in positive way.
    Will you help me to give me suggestion because I m very worry because of my health and career problems . I m try to think positive but its going to very difficult for me .

• vinod kr.samtani

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Just have hope..it is the only suggestion n solution of all problems…

7. Lai

May 11, 2015 at 2:45 am

🙂 🙂

8. ANUPREET

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:57 am

GOOD QUOTES

9. ole siara

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Thanks, great ones, will help in daily life decision

10. aboobacker

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:56 am

i read all quotes. but easy to make a practical life is better to do mediation with balanced mind (don’t allow to go mind outside) every morning for at least 20 minutes and there after practice simple yoga. if do these regular practice and always keep relaxed mind.

11. pranjal dhoble

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:18 pm

This thoughts are really inspiring i got new energy from it

12. Isshu Mangla

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:02 am

Thank you so much for this amazing quoits I am forever grateful………..:)

13. Eve

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this great collection of positive quotes.

14. meenaz khan

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:47 am

Very inspiring qoutes
    Thanks joel

15. Hasib

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:53 am

Again thanks Joel Brown. You are my Idol. Again I have collected many quotes from you.

Joel Brown

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:25 am

16. rehan attar

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:00 am

Thanks a lot.. you will give the great opportunity for new life

17. Harvey

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Thank you so much for these amazing quotes, i am forever Grateful .

18. bk

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:34 am

Wonderful collection of positive quotes to keep for the rainy day to remind ourselves to think positive.

19. Muzafar kashmiri

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:28 pm

superb qouts I love it thanks for your qouts about life…

20. Anurag

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:42 am

Got better experience in the way of looking this world…!

55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today

Johnny Depp quotes
Image Credit: Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)

54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness

joe rogan quotes
Image Credit: Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor.  But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts.  Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general.  These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news.  Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)

27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life

Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes
Image Credit: PA

Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)

6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars

lucille ball quotes
Image Credit: Getty Images

The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.

Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:

1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.

Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”

Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.

2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”

Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.

Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.

Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.

Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.

3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”

Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.

Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.

Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.

4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”

We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.

For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!

In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”

Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”

5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”

We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.

Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.

For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.

It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.

6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”

It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.

She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.

Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!