We share with you Richard Bransons 21 Small Business Strategies, taken from the Billionaire & UK Entrepreneurs Auto Biography “Losing My Virginity: How I’ve Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way“.
Richard Branson has faced an immense amount of challenges along the way and has applied these 21 strategies to carry all of his Successful businesses through thick and thin. Read on to find the Top 21 of Richard Branson’s Small Business Strategies for running a Successful business.
Richard Branson’s 21 Survival Strategies For Small Business Success
1. Remain focused on fulfilling your business mission. Never allow adversity divert your attention and efforts.
2. Don’t wait till you are big before you begin building your brand. Build a brand from scratch alongside your business.
3. Learn to use your brain power. Critical thinking is the key to creative problem solving in business.
4. Build your own business team. Survival in business requires a synergy of skills.
5. Never take your eyes off the cash flow because it’s the life blood of business.
6. If you are a new startup company, try not to arouse the interest or suspicion of your competition; especially if they are a bigger company. They can crush you while you are still in your startup phase. Lie low while still strengthening your bottom line.
7. Grow internally first. Strengthen your bottom line first before considering external growth.
8. Focus on your business strengths and keep its weaknesses away from the competition or public.
9. Be swift to take advantage of business opportunities. Bigger companies are too cumbersome to move quickly; this can be a competitive advantage for you.
10. Learn to live on the edge.
11. Be creative. Innovate consistently on the little things that the big companies ignore. Little things often make big differences in business.
12. Listen to the customer’s complaint and act fast.
13. Meet regularly with your business team and brainstorm. Intricate business problems are mostly resolved at brainstorming sessions.
14. Run lean; avoid unnecessary expenses.
15. Don’t hesitate to seek external help or advice where need be. Sometimes, it takes an external, emotionally unattached individual to detect your business flaws and render unbiased advice.
16. Follow your instincts and live with the consequences.
17. Avoid litigations. They are expensive and consume loads of time but if you have got a good case and a better chance of winning; then fight it out.
18. Free publicity and word of mouth is probably the best and cheapest form of advertising. Learn to use it to your advantage.
19. Learn to raise capital by any means necessary. That’s your primary job as an entrepreneur. You must continually raise capital from family and friends, banks, suppliers, customers and investors.
20. Seek out strategic alliances; they are essential to growth and provide resistance to bigger competition.
21. And if after all this you eventually fail; don’t take it personal. Don’t be ashamed to start all over again.
Richard Branson’s Success Quotes To Live By:
“Screw it, let’s do it.” – Richard Branson
“A business has to be involving, it has to be fun and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson
“Back then we would create a company based on frustration at other people’s service and suddenly realized we had one of the most respected brands in the world.” – Richard Branson
“If you are trying to do something for the first time, it’s always an enormous challenge, and there is no guarantee of success. You never know with these things when you’re trying something new what can happen. This is all experimental.” – Richard Branson
“Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
“We look for opportunities where we can offer something better, fresher and more valuable and we seize them. We often move areas where the customer received a poor deal and where the competition is complacent. And with our growing e-commerce activities, we also look to deliver old products in new ways. We are proactive and quick to act, often leaving bigger and more cumbersome organizations in our wake” – Richard Branson
“To be successful, you have to be out there, you have to hit the ground running, and if you have a good team around you and more than a fair share of luck, you might make something happen. But you certainly can’t guarantee it just by following someone else’s formula.” – Richard Branson
“In the beginning it was just about the business; now it’s about the brand.” – Richard Branson
“Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.” – Richard Branson
“We don’t actually plan to launch new businesses over the next few years, but we are planning to take the ones we have into new territories.” – Richard Branson
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
7 Core Values You Need to Adopt for a Successful Business
Why Your Belief System Is the Number One Factor to Success
The 5 Ethics of Life You Need to Know About
4 Foundational Values to Building a Brand on Social Media
25 Things You Can Do Everyday to Become Your Best Self
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
10 Morning Rituals Of the World’s Most Successful People
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Self-Esteem Is More Important Than Confidence When Building a Business
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How To Overcome Financial Fear In Your Life & Business
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
5 Ways to Change Your Habits and Reach Your Goals
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Here’s Why People Get Mad When You Achieve Success
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Balance Ambition and Perfectionism
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Incorporate the Vision of Others for Business Success
- Life2 weeks ago
Are You Truly You? How to Stop Seeing Yourself Through Someone Else’s Eyes