Tom Bilyeu is the co-founder of billion-dollar brand Quest Nutrition and the co-founder and host of Impact Theory. With the goal to help people unlock their potential, and actualize their dreams, Tom speaks to the greatest minds of today and spreads their knowledge throughout the world. Through his content and public speaking, he inspires his audience to become the best versions of themselves.
Here are 19 of Tom Bilyeu’s most inspiring quotes to give you a fresh perspective on life and business:
1. “You have to be willing to see things that are impossible and TRY.”
Even when science says something can’t be done, all it takes is some stubborn outlier to debunk the theory. If you want to make the impossible possible, all that’s required is a little effort and ingenuity. Just look at Dick Fosbury, an influential athlete that revolutionized high-jumping by inventing his own approach to the sport.
2. “Don’t let joy be an accident. Create it.”
This is such an important quote because if you look at the majority of successful people in the world, they’ll tell you to measure your life in happiness rather than money or accomplishments. Even Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the world, says he measures success by how many people love him. So do what you love with the people you love and you can’t go wrong.
3. “What price are you willing to pay for greatness?”
It’s common knowledge that If you want an amazing body, you have to work out and eat right. Just like if you want that fancy new car, you need to work hard to pay for it. And without trying to sound like spiderman, greatness comes at a price. So if you’re spending time with people that aren’t contributing to your happiness or success, you’ll need to keep them at a distance.
It’s up to you to evaluate your life and see where you’re wasting your time and efforts, then take necessary action to get rid of those distractions. So what are you willing to sacrifice?
4. “Pick one thing. And go at it with everything you’ve got.”
What do Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and Warren Buffett all have in common? They’re all a master of one particular craft. Oprah will always be an expert in self-help. Buffett, Investing. Gates, Computers. What do you want to be known for?
5. “You could do more. You could be more.”
Chances are no matter what business you’re in and hours you’re committing, you can probably think of an area where you could be doing more than what you currently are. Stay accountable.
6. “If you look for the negative, it will be there. If you look for the positive, it will overwhelm you.”
Like the old saying “where your attention goes, energy flows”, if you constantly look at what’s going wrong in your life without taking a step back to appreciate what’s going right, you’ll just want to hide in your bed all day. So what are three things right now that you could say thanks for?
7. “Don’t ask what’s the least you can do. Ask what’s the most you can bear.”
In an age where everything is being provided to us on a silver platter, it’s becoming increasingly harder to put in the extra mile for anything. However, there’s no getting around the old proverb “what you sow, so shall you reap.”
8. “It’s about identity. Be the kind of person that gets things done. Even when it’s hard.”
The way we see ourselves sets the stage for how others see us too. Joe Rogan loved the idea of pretending there’s an imaginary camera following you around documenting your life. Imagine how morbid you would be looking back on that video and not seeing the badass, get stuff done type, that you wanted to be.
9. “The level of effort you tolerate from yourself will define your life.”
Your successes in life will always be in direct proportion to your efforts.
10. “The way to build a big business is to take care of people.”
This applies not only to your customers but also to your employees. Solving problems has always been the key to great business.
11. “If you really want to cut through the noise, you’re going to have to outperform everyone else.”
In a nutshell: effort equals results. So are you prepared to wake up at 4 in the morning if you have to? How are you going to stand out amongst the competition?
12. “Make it your daily obsession to make the most of your potential.”
You might have heard that your habits make you who you are. And you’d be right to take that on board. As Will Durant once said, “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, then, is not an act, it’s a habit”.
13. “Never be afraid to change course.”
As Einstein once said: “ Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”. Simply put, if something is not working, change it up a little. Take a different approach to it. Any good entrepreneur has been through their share of trial and error.
14. “Failure is temporary. Move quickly past it. What lies beyond the failure is the lesson.”
What lies beyond the lesson is your next success.
15. “Decide who you want to become. Make that the center of your focus.”
As the renowned speaker and author Stephen Covey once wrote: “Start with the end in mind”. Once you get clear on an end goal (who it is you want to be) it becomes easier to focus on the direction to actualize it.
16. “Don’t worry about where to start. Remember, it’s the decisions you make, it’s the decision to get started, it’s the decision to face possible failure, it’s the decision to get up once you’ve failed and it’s the decision of what to learn when you fail.”
Being decisive is just another trait you’ll see consistently among successful people. Being able to decide on a course of action, follow-through, then make adjustments when needed is the true sign of a winning mindset.
17. “You’ve got to take risks to be a game-changer.”
As the old saying goes: “you’ll miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take”.
18. “Confidence is deciding you’re unstoppable – not that you’ll never fail.”
Failure really is the harbinger of success. So be sure to keep pressing forward when you fail because confidence comes naturally the more you learn from those experiences. As the great Dan Peña once said: “I may be wrong but I’ll never be uncertain”.
19. “The greatest mind control is control over your own mind.”
Whether it’s business, sport or dating, all your success starts in the mind. Your thoughts determine your actions, your actions determine your habits, your habits determine your success.
What is your favorite Tom Bilyeu quote? Share your thoughts below!
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
5 Characteristics of Athletes You Need for Business Success
5 Changes in Your Habits That Will Help You Thrive
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
4 Reinvention Strategies Leaders Can Learn From Legally Blonde
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
4 Non-Financial Factors to Measure Success as an Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
4 Tips for Making the Leap From Employee to Entrepreneur
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Dos and Don’ts When Starting a Business With a Friend
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How Are You Defining Your Success as an Entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
5 Strategies for Building the Ultimate Company Culture
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Things I’ve Learnt From Selling Private Jets to 7 Figure Coaching Programs
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How I Turned an Unpaid Internship Into a Business