Most people would say they want to live a life full of love and prosperity when it comes to their finances, family, friends, fitness, and work. However, there are times where life gets the best of us, and we become uninspired and unmotivated.
We’ve all been unmotivated at one point or another. For example, I typically hear people say “I’ll start my diet tomorrow,” or “I’ll just finish that later.” However, why not just start now and motivate yourself to unlock your inner greatness.
Below are 32 motivational quotes to help you make the most of your life:
1. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
2. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
3. “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
4. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Unknown
6. “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.” – Washington Irving
7. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsh
9. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
10. “Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.” – Alfred A. Montapert
11. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
12. “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
13. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
14. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
15. “You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Will Smith
16. “Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.” – Charles De Gaulle
17. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
18. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
19. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
20. “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
21. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
22. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
23. “Beware of monotony; it’s the mother of all the deadly sins.” – Edith Wharton
24. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
25. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
26. “Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg
27. “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lorde
28. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
29. “Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.’ – Patti Smith
30. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Sheryl Sandberg
31. “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
32. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Which one of these quotes motivates you the most to go out and make something amazing out of your life?
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
The Killer Morning Routine to Boost Motivation
Defining Your Own Success: A Step by Step Guide
5 Characteristics of Athletes You Need for Business Success
5 Changes in Your Habits That Will Help You Thrive
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Life4 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
Success Advice4 weeks ago
How I Turned an Unpaid Internship Into a Business
Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Dos and Don’ts When Starting a Business With a Friend
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
A 3 Step Process to Deal With Negative Emotions as an Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
5 Strategies for Building the Ultimate Company Culture
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
What I Learned as a Young Entrepreneur and Why You Should Take Notes
Motivation2 weeks ago
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
Success Advice2 weeks ago
4 Reinvention Strategies Leaders Can Learn From Legally Blonde