Will Smith is an American actor, producer, rapper, and songwriter. He is known as one of the most powerful actors in Hollywood.
Will Smith has been nominated for 5 Golden Globe Awards, 2 Academy Awards, and has won 4 Grammy Awards.
Will Smith’s quotes and sayings are shared all over the internet and his voice clips are felt by multi-millions in motivational videos. Will Smith knows what it takes to achieve success and he is incredibly insightful when it comes to achieving your dreams in life.
Here are 56 Inspiring Will Smith quotes:
1. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
2. “There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A. “ – Will Smith
3. “I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.” – Will Smith
4. “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” – Will Smith
5. “Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush every fear and to hide every pain. “ – Will Smith
6. “If you’re absent during my struggle don’t expect to be present during my success.” – Will Smith
7. “If you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you lost.” – Will Smith
8. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” – Will Smith
9. “Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honest, everyone is struggling, some people are just better at hiding it than others.” – Will Smith
10. “99% is the same as zero. If you are gonna do 99, go ahead and stay home.” – Will Smith
11. “Look at your 5 closest friends. Those 5 friends are who you are. If you don’t like who you are then you know what you have to do. “ – Will Smith
12th Will Smith Quote – “Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice.” – Will Smith
13. “10 ways to love: listen, speak, give, pray, answer, share, enjoy, trust, forgive, promise.” – Will Smith
14. “Let your smile change the world. Don’t let the world change your smile.” – Will Smith
15. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. “– Will Smith
16. “Boys laugh at what they put girls through but they don’t be laughing when they’re wiping tears off their daughters face for the same reason.” – Will Smith
17. “You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s every been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.’ You do that every single day. And soon you have a wall.” – Will Smith
18. “Don’t chase people. The right people, the ones who really belong in your life, will come to you and stay.” – Will Smith
19. “Greatness exists in all of us. “ – Will Smith
20. “Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.” – Will Smith
21. “If you’re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.” – Will Smith
22. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
23. “I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.” – Will Smith
24. “I have a great time with my life, and I wanna share it.” – Will Smith
25. “A rapper is about being completely true to yourself. Being an actor is about changing who you are.” – Will Smith
26. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” – Will Smith
27. “We all want to be in love and find that person who is going to love us no matter how our feet smell, no matter how angry we get one day, no matter the things we say that we don’t mean.” – Will Smith
28. “The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school.” – Will Smith
29. “I’ve viewed myself as slightly above average in talent. And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic.” – Will Smith
30. “In black neighborhoods, everybody appreciated comedy about real life. In the white community, fantasy was funnier. I started looking for the jokes that were equally hilarious across the board, for totally different reasons.” – Will Smith
31. “I’m a student of world religion, so to me, it’s hugely important to have knowledge and to understand what people are doing.” – Will Smith
32. “I’ve always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is a ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” – Will Smith
33rd Will Smith Quote – “And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping? I’m working.” – Will Smith
34. “Life is lived on the edge.” – Will Smith
35. “I’ve trained myself to illuminate the things in my personality that are likable and to hide and protect the things that are less likeable.” – Will Smith
36. “I want the world to be better because I was here.” – Will Smith
37. “Whatever your dream is, every extra penny you have needs to be going to that.” – Will Smith
38. “So if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready, and that is how I run my life.” – Will Smith
39. “It’s quite highly possible that I have peaked. I mean, I just can’t imagine what else I could do beyond this. It’s really a bittersweet kind of feeling.” – Will Smith
40. “When you create art, the world has to wait.” – Will Smith
41. “I had a hit single on the radio for 30 days before I graduated from high school.” – Will Smith
42. “In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.” – Will Smith
43. “There’s so much negative imagery of black fatherhood. I’ve got tons of friends that are doing the right thing by their kids, and doing the right thing as a father – and how come that’s not as newsworthy?” – Will Smith
44. “You can cry, ain’t no shame in it.” – Will Smith
45. “I know how to learn anything I want to learn. I absolutely know that I could learn how to fly the space shuttle because someone else knows how to fly it, and they put it in a book. Give me the book, and I do not need somebody to stand up in front of the class.” – Will Smith
46. “I’m a student of patterns. At heart, I’m a physicist. I look at everything in my life as trying to find the single equation, the theory of everything.” – Will Smith
47. “Traditional education is based on facts and figures and passing tests – not on a comprehension of the material and its application to your life.” – Will Smith
48. “The first time that I performed as an actor was the first day on the set of ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.’” – Will Smith
49. “My skin is hard when it comes to my music. But with my movies, I’m still a virgin in a lot of ways. I’m not used to being shot down for no reason.” – Will Smith
50th Will Smith Quote – “I mean, I’m very serious with my kids about them comprehending the intricacies of global finance.” – Will Smith
51. “Well, all I know is what I read in the papers.” – Will Smith
52. “For me, there is nothing more valuable than how people feel in a movie theater about a movie.” – Will Smith
53. “I’ve never really viewed myself as particularly talented. I’ve viewed myself as slightly above average in talent.” – Will Smith
54. “If it was something that I really committed myself to, I don’t think there’s anything that could stop me becoming President of the United States.” – Will Smith
55. “I had to focus and create a character in Bagger Vance, not just do my ‘Will Smith’ thing and get paid.” – Will Smith
56. “When I was growing up, I installed refrigerators in supermarkets. My father was an electrical engineer.” – Will Smith
Here’s a Video of Inspirational Will Smith Quotes
What’s your favorite Will Smith quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
How to Have More Money: 5 Secrets You Need to Know to Be Wealthy
6 Tips for CEOs to Master Work-Life Balance
4 Signs You Need Support in Your Business & How to Pinpoint Where You Need It
7 Financial Health Strategies for Young Entrepreneurs
3 Tips To Supercharge Your Visualizations
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Quotes3 weeks ago
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Why It’s So Important To Break Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Motivation3 weeks ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn from The King of the Jungle
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Uncover Your Blind Spots and Live Life on Your Terms
- Quotes3 weeks ago
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
- Entrepreneurs5 days ago
(Infographic) 9 of the World’s Most Influential Female Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful