(Infographic) How All That Lack Of Sleep Is Killing You!

lack of sleep killing you

While posting this article I’d say that “I’m one hell of a hypocrite”. 5 hours sleep from the night before and a wired brain that will not let me sleep until I have finished my updates, is just another daily experience for me. A number of Entrepreneurs and hard workers boast about having less than the average 7+ hours sleep, but is this really the best thing for us? Could it be more effective to sleep in so we are more in tune to take on a 15 hour day?

So I decided to look around for some info on lack of sleep and how it affects our performance. This Infographic sums up the best information on this topic.

(Infographic) How Lack Of Sleep Is Killing Your Performance

Infographic created by: YourLocalSecurity.com

Joel Brown is the CEO and Founder of Addicted2Success.com. With a long time passion for Entrepreneurship, Self development & Success, Joel started his website with the intention of educating and inspiring likeminded people all over the world to always strive for success no matter what their circumstances. Follow Joel Brown on Twitter or keep upto date with him on Facebook:Facebook.com/JoelBrownA2S

1. Kevin

October 19, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Great post here. Sleep deprivation will also lower your testosterone levels, even for younger men.

2. Maiya

July 26, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Personally, I find that I get less hungry when sleep deprived (honestly; particularly when sleep-deprived, I will frequently eat like one or two small meals per day). Mentally, I also function surprisingly well. I tend to not notice significant impairment until awhile after the 24hr mark. Once, I even passed a phonetics test with 100% after ~72hrs without sleep. I don’t do caffeine, either.

3. Amit Wadhwa

November 13, 2012 at 3:35 pm

12% higher risk of death – That statement should be qualified as the risk of death is 100% – we will all die someday!!

4. You As A Machine

September 8, 2012 at 4:56 am

Great article and very impressed you put this together…I know how time consuming these posts can get.
    The only thing I would comment on is that I don’t think that it’s so much the “sleeping in” that is important but rather the getting to bed at a reasonable time – and clocking in a solid 8 hours of sleep each night.

Of course everyone’s circadian cycle varies slightly, but generally speaking we are meant to cycle our sleep with night.

My father used to say: “Each hour BEFORE midnight is worth TWO.”

5. Clay V

September 8, 2012 at 1:08 am

For myself, I get more done and make less mistakes when well rested. Many occupations these days are at war with the employees getting sleep. I also hear people bragging about how they only need a few hours but I am not one of them.

6. Lee N

September 6, 2012 at 4:04 am

I know this is true and still don’t get nearly enough sleep! However, an infographic is worth a thousand words, so maybe I will do better!

7. Nonso

March 25, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Very helpful. Da-lu (meaning thank you).

8. Jon Bennett

March 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Love this infographic. I have getting up early on weekends since the new year and have definitely found this has helped my energy levels.

9. Pete Rea

March 12, 2012 at 9:01 am

Great content as usual

10. Krisz Rokk

March 11, 2012 at 5:44 pm

WOW, thx for sharing. Never thought lack of sleep can have such a major impact on your driving performance…