- 12 Stand Out Quotes From Paulo Coelho’s Amazing Book “The Alchemist”Posted 1 day ago
- (Images) 13 Motivational Picture Quotes To Pick You UpPosted 3 weeks ago
- (Images) 43 Of The Most Popular Motivation Picture QuotesPosted 4 months ago
- 25 Inspirational Quotes By The Highest Performing CEO’sPosted 5 months ago
- 20 Motivational Quotes To Destroy Your Doubts & Build You UpPosted 5 months ago
- (Images) 21 Entrepreneur Picture Quotes For Victory In Business & In LifePosted 6 months ago
- 30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In YouPosted 8 months ago
- (Images) 22 Motivational Picture Quotes To Unleash Your Full PotentialPosted 9 months ago
5 Things Mentally Tough People Don’t Do
Whether you are on the court or in the board room. Mental strength is demanded on a day to day basis for those in high profile positions. Athlete’s, CEO’s and risk hungry Entrepreneurs excel in their fields only by pursuing their goals with a thick skin and a high level of mental strength.
In this article, Sports and Performance Psychologist “Justin Sua” tells us what it takes to be mentally strong enough to take on the big wigs in the arena.
Are you mentally tough enough?
1) They don’t feel sorry for themselves
They understand that complaining doesn’t make the situation better.
They know that people won’t treat them they way they want to be treated, circumstances might not be ideal, and they will experience adversity; however, rather than complain about the negative aspects of their situation, they focus on what they want to happen and what they’re going to do about it.
2) They don’t give people power over them
They are not people pleasers.
They are relentless in their pursuit of their passion and aren’t worried about what other people think.
They give power to what they focus on, and if they waste their time focusing on the opinions of others, they lose sight of the things that will make them truly successful.
3) They don’t avoid change
They are always looking for ways to evolve. They believe that if they continue to give their best, their best will continue to get better over time.
With the competition continuing to get bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter; it’s important to have the mindset to improve by learning from successes and failures.
4) They don’t play small
The mentally tough swing for the fences and know that it might mean striking out a few times (or many times). Their purpose for achieving greatness casts away their fear of failure. They refuse to tip-toe through life, they intend on creating a legacy for the future by making an impact in the here-and-now.
5) They don’t focus on things they can’t control
They refuse to waste time focusing on things they can’t control because there is nothing they can do about it!
They understand that the less control a person feels the more susceptible they are to making poor decisions, falling into bad habits, and crumbling under pressure.