Quotes can be much more than just a source of inspiration and motivation. When used as a contemplation or affirmation they can be transforming!
Run by these Mental Strength Quotes day by day and you will be unstoppable!
The Top 40 Mental Strength Quotes To Live By
1. Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. – Albert Einstein
2. If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them. – Henry David Thoreau
3. Inspiration and genius–one and the same. – Victor Hugo
4. To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: “Leave no stone unturned.” – Edward Bulwer Lytton
5. If you would create something, you must be something. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. Every artist was first an amateur. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be. – Horace Bushnell
8. Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself. – W. C. Doane
9. Do we not all agree to call rapid thought and noble impulse by the name of inspiration? – George Eliot
10. No great man ever complains of want of opportunities. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can. – Thomas Carlyle
12. Men’s best successes come after their disappointments. – Henry Ward Beecher.
13. Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. – Leon J. Suenes
14. The power of imagination makes us infinite. – John Muir
15. First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. – Epictetus
16. It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. – George S. Patton
18. If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. – St. Clement of Alexandra
19. We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. Seek the lofty by reading, hearing and seeing great work at some moment every day. – Thornton Wilder
21. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
22. Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks. – Johann Gottfried Von Herder
23. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
24. Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. – Voltaire
25. If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. – Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe – Latin Proverb
26. Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action. – Benjamin Disraeli
27. You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. – Author Unknown
28. The best way out is always through. – Robert Frost
29. o not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. – William B. Sprague
30. Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. – Samuel Johnson
31. Fortune favors the brave. – Publius Terence
32. hen the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are. – Richard Hooker
33. He who hesitates is lost. – Proverb
34. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. – Albert Einstein
35. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
36. We are still masters of our fate. We are still captains of our souls. – Winston Churchill
37. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. For hope is but the dream of those that wake. – Matthew Prior
39. Constant dripping hollows out a stone. – Lucretius
40. Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose–a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. – Mary Shelley
We hope you enjoyed this Mental Strength Quotes to Live By!
We have more quotes coming your way so stay tuned!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
3 Books to Help You Learn How to Write Better and More Effectively
The Incredible Journey of Steve Jobs and How Apple Revolutionised the Tech Industry
5 Actionable Tips to Write Better Blog Posts in a Short Amount of Time
7 Steps to Conquering the Fears That Are Holding You Back From Success
If You’re Looking for Success, Here Are 5 Ways to Find It
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 days ago
7 Steps to Conquering the Fears That Are Holding You Back From Success
- Success Advice5 days ago
If You’re Looking for Success, Here Are 5 Ways to Find It
- Entrepreneurs6 days ago
Tai Lopez’s 6 Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety as an Entrepreneur
- Life4 weeks ago
3 Ways You Can Help Your Children Develop Good Learning Habits
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
The 5 Most Popular Daily Habits of Ultra Successful People
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Bounce Back When Life Pushes You Hard
- Life4 weeks ago
Here’s What You Should Do When You’re Overloaded With Work
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
9 of the Best Time Management Techniques and How to Choose Which One is Best for You