Life is beautiful and offers us many valuable lessons along the way.
As much as we have come to believe that it is unpredictable and that our destiny is set in stone, we have the power within us to control and change most of what happens in our lives and it’s quality by the choices we make, the actions we take and the way we react to circumstances and various situations.
The following quotes reinforce this:
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
We cannot change the past, neither can we predict the future but we can use our past experiences, challenges and the valuable lessons we garner from them to create and shape our future. Life and time have a way of making us wiser, better equipped and changing our perspective as far as many things are concerned.
Often times though, we are so hung up on the past and spend too much time re-visiting it that we fail to realize the opportunities that abound before us. The best things are never behind us but ahead of us and can only be experienced if and when we allow ourselves to embrace new possibilities and opportunities and become proactive in creating the lives we desire for ourselves.
“Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.” – Gail Devers
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! To accomplish anything; you have to dare to dream, be willing to take risks and put yourself out there. Nothing worth having in life comes easily or will be handed to you without any effort or due diligence on your part.
The World’s greatest inventions and innovations were birthed from an idea and the idea turned into manifestation by the person who dared to try by taking a leap of faith and making the decision to put the idea into work.
“That some achieve great success is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
Roger Bannister was able to accomplish a feat experts had said for many years the human body wasn’t capable of; he broke the four minute mile barrier and inspired others to follow suit shortly thereafter. As they say, the rest is history, what was once considered impossible is a norm today.
If someone else is succeeding at something you are failing in, you need to re-examine your actions and figure out what you are doing wrong or aren’t doing and determine if their actions, habits and mannerisms are duplicable and if emulated would aid you in achieving similar if not greater success.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You really are the Author and Creator of your life and can be, do and have anything you put your mind to. Whatever you tell yourself is possible for you will be possible for you. The person YOU determine to be is the person you will become based on your mindset, the actions you perform and the choices you make.
The only person that stands in the way of you becoming the person you want to be is yourself. People can try to prevent you from becoming the person you would like to become or even influence you into becoming that very person but all the hard work lies in you determining the possibility of this happening.
“Be miserable or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
When it comes to dealing with challenging situations or obstacles in life, you can either take the stance of being the problem or the solution; whichever option you choose greatly determines the outcome and your happiness.
Complaining about circumstances that you can easily change is pointless and will lead you nowhere. Either make the choice to do whatever it takes to change your situation and proactively pursue the solution or choose to not do anything about it and stay miserable. The choice is really up to you. For things to change, you have to be willing to make the change or stop complaining about it if you aren’t willing to.
“Only those who risk going far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
Although we are unlimited beings, we rarely tap into most of our potential because we sometimes aren’t willing to take the risks or make the sacrifices or commitments doing so would require of us. You will never know what you are capable of or where your strength lies until you are willing to push yourself further than you’ve ever gone or get out of your comfort zone without the possibility of a safety net.
The difference between being extra-ordinary and ordinary is determined by one’s will to go the extra mile and do what others aren’t willing to do.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
3 Things Snoopy and the Third Grade Taught Me About Success
15 Leadership Lessons From the World’s Top Female Founders
Ego Contributes to Your Success and Failures
The Secret Formula for Real Financial Success
Be Like Water: 3 Martial Arts Lessons for Negotiation
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Success Isn’t Luck, It’s Based on the Good Habits of Who We Become
- Life1 week ago
Practicing Self-Devotion: 3 Ways Towards a More Mindful and Compassionate You
- Life4 weeks ago
5 Steps to Go From Breakdown to Breakthrough
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
The Day I Stopped Selling and Built a Business
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
10 Common Leadership Myths and How to Overcome Them
- Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
15 Ways to Become a More Successful Entrepreneur
- Motivation3 weeks ago
What Is Dark Motivation and How Can I Use It to My Advantage?
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Self-Appreciation Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome