Life is beautiful and offers us many valuable lessons along the way.
As much as we have come to believe that it is unpredictable and that our destiny is set in stone, we have the power within us to control and change most of what happens in our lives and it’s quality by the choices we make, the actions we take and the way we react to circumstances and various situations.
The following quotes reinforce this:
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
We cannot change the past, neither can we predict the future but we can use our past experiences, challenges and the valuable lessons we garner from them to create and shape our future. Life and time have a way of making us wiser, better equipped and changing our perspective as far as many things are concerned.
Often times though, we are so hung up on the past and spend too much time re-visiting it that we fail to realize the opportunities that abound before us. The best things are never behind us but ahead of us and can only be experienced if and when we allow ourselves to embrace new possibilities and opportunities and become proactive in creating the lives we desire for ourselves.
“Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.” – Gail Devers
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! To accomplish anything; you have to dare to dream, be willing to take risks and put yourself out there. Nothing worth having in life comes easily or will be handed to you without any effort or due diligence on your part.
The World’s greatest inventions and innovations were birthed from an idea and the idea turned into manifestation by the person who dared to try by taking a leap of faith and making the decision to put the idea into work.
“That some achieve great success is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
Roger Bannister was able to accomplish a feat experts had said for many years the human body wasn’t capable of; he broke the four minute mile barrier and inspired others to follow suit shortly thereafter. As they say, the rest is history, what was once considered impossible is a norm today.
If someone else is succeeding at something you are failing in, you need to re-examine your actions and figure out what you are doing wrong or aren’t doing and determine if their actions, habits and mannerisms are duplicable and if emulated would aid you in achieving similar if not greater success.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You really are the Author and Creator of your life and can be, do and have anything you put your mind to. Whatever you tell yourself is possible for you will be possible for you. The person YOU determine to be is the person you will become based on your mindset, the actions you perform and the choices you make.
The only person that stands in the way of you becoming the person you want to be is yourself. People can try to prevent you from becoming the person you would like to become or even influence you into becoming that very person but all the hard work lies in you determining the possibility of this happening.
“Be miserable or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
When it comes to dealing with challenging situations or obstacles in life, you can either take the stance of being the problem or the solution; whichever option you choose greatly determines the outcome and your happiness.
Complaining about circumstances that you can easily change is pointless and will lead you nowhere. Either make the choice to do whatever it takes to change your situation and proactively pursue the solution or choose to not do anything about it and stay miserable. The choice is really up to you. For things to change, you have to be willing to make the change or stop complaining about it if you aren’t willing to.
“Only those who risk going far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
Although we are unlimited beings, we rarely tap into most of our potential because we sometimes aren’t willing to take the risks or make the sacrifices or commitments doing so would require of us. You will never know what you are capable of or where your strength lies until you are willing to push yourself further than you’ve ever gone or get out of your comfort zone without the possibility of a safety net.
The difference between being extra-ordinary and ordinary is determined by one’s will to go the extra mile and do what others aren’t willing to do.
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
How to Overcome Stage Fright in 5 Simple Steps
5 DIY Skills That Will Take Your Entrepreneurial Journey to New Levels
3 Steps to Overcome Your Brain Biases and Become a Better Leader
3 Ways to Optimize Your Life for Success
How to Harness the Power of Your Personal Narrative
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Things You Should Do if You Want to Live a Successful and Prosperous Life
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Want to Be an Entrepreneur? It’s Impossible Without These 3 Characteristics
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
4 Ways You Can Master Magnetic Confidence – Ashley Hann
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
19 Success Mantras From Zig Ziglar to Help You Unleash Your True Potential
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Reasons Why Walking Away Can Bring You Greater Success
- Life4 weeks ago
This 5 Minute Test Will Instantly Change Your Life
- Podcasts3 weeks ago
Top 12 Addicted2Success Podcast Episodes for You to Listen To
- Life2 weeks ago
7 Essential Mindset Shifts From Gary Vaynerchuk That’ll Help You Have an Amazing Life