We have rounded up some of the best inspirational John Maxwell quotes for you to enjoy and learn from. John C. Maxwell has inspired millions upon millions around the world to achieve success in all areas of their life through his books, events and one on one coaching.
John C. Maxwell was named as one of the best inspirational leadership coaches in the world, coaching some of the top CEO and business leaders with his classic life and business lessons for success.
Read on and enjoy this collection of John C. Maxwell quotes to inspire your day and move your mind in the right direction for success.
50 Inspirational John C. Maxwell Quotes
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” – John Maxwell
“A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.” – John Maxwell
“Growth inside fuels growth outside.” – John Maxwell
“You don’t overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.” – John Maxwell
“If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.” – John Maxwell
“Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John Maxwell
“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” – John Maxwell
“Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John Maxwell
“Doing the right thing daily, compounds over time.” – John Maxwell
“If we are growing we are always going to be outside our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
“Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – John Maxwell
“Talent is a gift, but character is a choice.” – John Maxwell
“Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.” – John Maxwell
“We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.” – John Maxwell
“Failing forward” is the ability to get back up after you’ve been knocked down, learn from your mistake, and move forward in a better direction.” – John Maxwell
“Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” – John Maxwell
“The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.” – John Maxwell
“Most People have a desire to look for the exception instead of the desire to become exceptional.” – John Maxwell
“Speak the truth. Transparency breeds legitimacy.” – John Maxwell
“Make a point to continually search for a better way of doing things, even when things are going well, to ensure that a better alternative has not been overlooked and to keep your creative talents in practice.” – John Maxwell
“Creative leaders inherently know when rules need to be challenged, and they can see when a more flexible approach should be taken.” – John Maxwell
“Although it’s admirable to be ambitious and hard-working, it’s more desirable to be smart-working.” – John Maxwell
“The timing of your decision is just as important as the decision you make.” – John Maxwell
“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John Maxwell
“A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John Maxwell
“Happiness simply cannot be relied upon as a measure of success.” – John Maxwell
“Often people fail to start or complete a task because they don’t see any connection between what they’re doing and what they really want to accomplish in life.” – John Maxwell
“You cannot overestimate the unimportance of practically everything.” – John Maxwell
“Leaders don’t rise to the pinnacle of success without developing the right set of attitudes and habits; they make every day a masterpiece.” – John Maxwell
“Reaching the top is a monumental achievement, but remaining there may be the most spectacular feat of all.” – John Maxwell
“You build trust with others each time you choose integrity over image, truth over convenience, or honor over personal gain.” – John Maxwell
“Earn the right to be heard by listening to others. Seek to understand a situation before making judgments about it.” – John Maxwell
“Leaders never outgrow the need to change.” – John Maxwell
“If you don’t have peace, it isn’t because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you.” – John Maxwell
“Plan and execute your first failure so that you no longer have to fear it.” – John Maxwell
“The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying” – John Maxwell
“The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” – John Maxwell
“Stay focused instead of getting offended or off track by others.” – John Maxwell
“To add value to others, one must first value others.” – John Maxwell
“Doing the wrong thing daily, compounds over time.” – John Maxwell
“There are two paths people can take. They can either play now and pay later, or pay now and play later. Regardless of the choice, one thing is certain. Life will demand a payment.” – John Maxwell
“The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John Maxwell
“As you begin changing your thinking, start immediately to change your behavior. Begin to act the part of the person you would like to become. Take action on your behavior. Too many people want to feel, then take action. This never works.” – John Maxwell
“It’s true that charisma can make a person stand out for a moment, but character sets a person apart for a lifetime.” – John Maxwell
“Everything begins with a decision. Then, we have to manage that decision for the rest of your life.” – John Maxwell
“If you don’t change the direction you are going, then you’re likely to end up where you’re heading…” – John Maxwell
“People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” – John Maxwell
“The unsuccessful person is burdened by learning, and prefers to walk down familiar paths. Their distaste for learning stunts their growth and limits their influence.” – John Maxwell
“Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them.” – John Maxwell
John C. Maxwell’s 7 Steps To Success
1) Make a commitment to grow daily.
2) Value the process more than events.
3) Don’t wait for inspiration.
4) Be willing to sacrifice pleasure for opportunity.
5) Dream big.
6) Plan your priorities.
7) Give up to go up.”
John C. Maxwell’s Advice On Quitting:
(1) Quit something you don’t do well to start something you do well.
(2) Quit something you’re not passionate about to do something that fills you with passion.
(3) Quit something that doesn’t make a difference to do something that does.
I hope you enjoyed this great collection of John C.Maxwell’s inspirational quotes. Don’t forget to share these with your network to spread the love and inspiration.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Tips to Get Your Business Started on Social Media
9 Ways to Be the World’s Best Boss to Yourself as an Entrepreneur
A Simple but Effective Technique to Be More Confident
How Your Friends Determine Whether You Succeed or Not
The 3 Step Process to Building a Profitable Pitch
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Have a Podcast, Youtube Channel or Online Show
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
7 of the Biggest Enemies Stopping You From Success
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Habits of Successful People: How to Become Successful Yourself
- Life3 weeks ago
Knowing Your Message vs Delivering Your Message
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Empathy Can Be the Number One Growth Catalyst for Your Business
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Key to Success: Understanding and Constructively Using Our Influence
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Successful Business Partnerships Are Rare. Here’s How to Pull It Off
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
The 4 Pillars of Wealth and Abundance