We have rounded up some of the best inspirational John Maxwell quotes for you to enjoy and learn from. John C. Maxwell has inspired millions upon millions around the world to achieve success in all areas of their life through his books, events and one on one coaching.
John C. Maxwell was named as one of the best inspirational leadership coaches in the world, coaching some of the top CEO and business leaders with his classic life and business lessons for success.
Read on and enjoy this collection of John C. Maxwell quotes to inspire your day and move your mind in the right direction for success.
50 Inspirational John C. Maxwell Quotes
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” – John Maxwell
“A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.” – John Maxwell
“Growth inside fuels growth outside.” – John Maxwell
“You don’t overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.” – John Maxwell
“If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.” – John Maxwell
“Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John Maxwell
“The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” – John Maxwell
“Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John Maxwell
“Doing the right thing daily, compounds over time.” – John Maxwell
“If we are growing we are always going to be outside our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
“Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – John Maxwell
“Talent is a gift, but character is a choice.” – John Maxwell
“Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.” – John Maxwell
“We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.” – John Maxwell
“Failing forward” is the ability to get back up after you’ve been knocked down, learn from your mistake, and move forward in a better direction.” – John Maxwell
“Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” – John Maxwell
“The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.” – John Maxwell
“Most People have a desire to look for the exception instead of the desire to become exceptional.” – John Maxwell
“Speak the truth. Transparency breeds legitimacy.” – John Maxwell
“Make a point to continually search for a better way of doing things, even when things are going well, to ensure that a better alternative has not been overlooked and to keep your creative talents in practice.” – John Maxwell
“Creative leaders inherently know when rules need to be challenged, and they can see when a more flexible approach should be taken.” – John Maxwell
“Although it’s admirable to be ambitious and hard-working, it’s more desirable to be smart-working.” – John Maxwell
“The timing of your decision is just as important as the decision you make.” – John Maxwell
“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John Maxwell
“A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John Maxwell
“Happiness simply cannot be relied upon as a measure of success.” – John Maxwell
“Often people fail to start or complete a task because they don’t see any connection between what they’re doing and what they really want to accomplish in life.” – John Maxwell
“You cannot overestimate the unimportance of practically everything.” – John Maxwell
“Leaders don’t rise to the pinnacle of success without developing the right set of attitudes and habits; they make every day a masterpiece.” – John Maxwell
“Reaching the top is a monumental achievement, but remaining there may be the most spectacular feat of all.” – John Maxwell
“You build trust with others each time you choose integrity over image, truth over convenience, or honor over personal gain.” – John Maxwell
“Earn the right to be heard by listening to others. Seek to understand a situation before making judgments about it.” – John Maxwell
“Leaders never outgrow the need to change.” – John Maxwell
“If you don’t have peace, it isn’t because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you.” – John Maxwell
“Plan and execute your first failure so that you no longer have to fear it.” – John Maxwell
“The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying” – John Maxwell
“The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” – John Maxwell
“Stay focused instead of getting offended or off track by others.” – John Maxwell
“To add value to others, one must first value others.” – John Maxwell
“Doing the wrong thing daily, compounds over time.” – John Maxwell
“There are two paths people can take. They can either play now and pay later, or pay now and play later. Regardless of the choice, one thing is certain. Life will demand a payment.” – John Maxwell
“The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John Maxwell
“As you begin changing your thinking, start immediately to change your behavior. Begin to act the part of the person you would like to become. Take action on your behavior. Too many people want to feel, then take action. This never works.” – John Maxwell
“It’s true that charisma can make a person stand out for a moment, but character sets a person apart for a lifetime.” – John Maxwell
“Everything begins with a decision. Then, we have to manage that decision for the rest of your life.” – John Maxwell
“If you don’t change the direction you are going, then you’re likely to end up where you’re heading…” – John Maxwell
“People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” – John Maxwell
“The unsuccessful person is burdened by learning, and prefers to walk down familiar paths. Their distaste for learning stunts their growth and limits their influence.” – John Maxwell
“Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them.” – John Maxwell
John C. Maxwell’s 7 Steps To Success
1) Make a commitment to grow daily.
2) Value the process more than events.
3) Don’t wait for inspiration.
4) Be willing to sacrifice pleasure for opportunity.
5) Dream big.
6) Plan your priorities.
7) Give up to go up.”
John Maxwell’s Advice On Quitting
When to quit:
(1) Quit something you don’t do well to start something you do well.
(2) Quit something you’re not passionate about to do something that fills you with passion.
(3) Quit something that doesn’t make a difference to do something that does.
I hope you enjoyed this great collection of John C.Maxwell’s inspirational quotes. Don’t forget to share these with your network to spread the love and inspiration.
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
The Truth About the Law of Attraction
7 Simple Ways to Master Your Emotions When Making Decisions
Why You Should Prefer Emails to Phone Calls if You Want to Be More Productive
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
- Motivation1 week ago
A Step by Step Process That Will Help You Make the Impossible, Possible
- Entrepreneurs6 days ago
What if Elon Musk Ran Your Business? 4 Lessons From the Real Life Iron Man
- Success Advice7 days ago
The 7 Secrets of High Achievers Revealed
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The 5 Components of Emotional Intelligence for Great Leaders
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Lessons From Design Thinking That Will Help You Rethink Success
- Quotes3 weeks ago
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Transitioning From Employee to Entrepreneur? Try Intrapreneurship First
- Life2 weeks ago
10 Things You Must Do to Live Your Best Life