Success Advice

Are You Ambitious Enough For Success?

Ambition Are you Ambitious Enough for Success

Ambition and courage are synonymous, and admirable qualities.

The ambitious, ‘Those who have the courage to work hard and sacrifice other areas of their lives in the pursuit of a goal’, are admired. But is hard work, making a lot of money, and sacrificing other areas of your life really the sum of ambition? Or is ambition something more, and of far greater importance?

“Ambition, I have come to believe, is the most primal and sacred fundament of our being. To feel ambition and to act upon it is to embrace the unique calling of our souls. Not to act upon that ambition is to turn our backs on ourselves and on the reason for our existence.” ~ Steven Pressfield, Turning Pro

Ambition isn’t merely working long hours, conquering tribulation, and seeing a journey to its end, although that’s a reality that many ambitious people face. Ambition is “the reason for our existence“, as Pressfield puts it. It’s our soul telling us where meaning in life is found. It’s a large part of what gives our life purpose.

Where most fail to heed their soul’s ambitious call is in a lack of courage, and eventually a lack of persistence.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” ~ Calvin Coolidge

Your Ambitious Barter for Success

Dreams Picture QuoteSuccess can mean many things. For us, a large part of success is accomplishing our audacious goals and dreams. Success can be happiness, a good family life, and a life full of purpose and meaning. But few could argue that true success is found in a life lived, not dreamed. One dominated by action, not the desire to act. A life filled with fears faced, limits pushed, and relationships cultivated. A successful life is one filled with experience and action, not wishes.

For the ambitious, success – or at least a large part of it – exists in following our dreams and seeing them to fruition. But to see our dreams realized we have to give something in return.

I used to think that to be successful, and as audaciously successful as I want to be, I had to forego relationships, that I had to put my work first and live a completely unbalanced life. This past weekend, however, I was shown otherwise as I ventured from Vancouver to New Jersey to see Bruce Springsteen in his home state.

As the concert began, the 63 year-old legend stood in front of me, and the 55,000 others who hung on his every note. A man truly in pursuit of “the most primal and sacred fundament” of his being. I’ve never seen a person so in love with what they do. He’s one of the hardest working people in the business. Yet his life is without scandal. He has a wife and children, and a mother he loves. He has balance. While he gives his craft the most hours and effort, his family gives him an escape and meaning that the object of his ambition doesn’t, and can’t.

For some of us, however, our ambitions may lead us to a solitary existence, and a solo pursuit of greatness. A lifetime spent perfecting our craft.

Success demands different things from each experience. But it does require one thing from all of us: effort, both in quality and quantity.

To perfect our craft we have to give to it the time it deserves and requires to blossom. We have to wake up earlier and work harder than others. We have to be willing to sacrifice partying and drinking, even sleep, all for our craft.

Task

Where most fail isn’t in setting goals that are too high and missing, but in setting goals that are too low and succeeding. In a perfect world, devoid of limitation, what would you want to do, who would you want to be, and what would you like to accomplish? To take it a bit deeper is there one thing – whether it’s a job, a way of life, or a career you’d be willing to cut your life short 10 years to achieve?

Write it down. Then answer this:

In the next 10 years, what are you willing to give up to accomplish it? How many hours a day, how many days a week, how many vacations missed and parties are you willing to give?

The bigger the goal, the greater the sacrifice.

If you want to become a published author, you need to study. You need to read anything and everything. If you want to be a billionaire, waiting around for a great idea won’t get you there. Spend the next 5 years working, saving, and learning about other billionaire’s and their road to success. What did they do to get their billions?

You may need to sacrifice other areas of your life as well. You may need:

• Strict budgeting of finances.
  • A 7-day a week work schedule of 12+ hours a day.
  • To identify earlier on than most if a relationship is right. If it’s wrong, it can be toxic to your success.
  • To learn how to say no, and say it a lot.
  • To figure out a strict routine – not leaving your energy levels or ability to focus to chance.
  • To recharge your batteries on weekends by not getting drunk then having to struggle to get back into a routine.
  • To go above and beyond what you’ve done before. Pushing boundaries. Actively getting out of your comfort zone.
  • Facing your fears at every opportunity.

The Courage To Follow Your Ambition

follow dreams picture quoteBy visiting this site, you have ambition. Success will happen in matching that ambition with what you desire most in life, and then having the persistence and courage to see it through to its end.

If the road to success is wrought with peaks and valleys, – usually more valleys than peaks – failure, pain, uncertainty, and brutish hard work, are the ambitious cursed? This burning desire that fuels an early wake up and the 16-hour workday, does it stand in the way of happiness?

There are those who want nothing more than a simple life, and I’m not looking down or degrading their goals or viewpoint. If anything, I envy them. To be satisfied with something they’re virtually born with leads to a life that will surely by successful. However, I don’t think the ambitious are cursed, rather blessed. It’s when we realize that within the journey lies the lessons, the personal development, the suffering, the fun, and the growth, that we will see this struggle, hustle, and battle as a blessing.

To have that burning desire, even if we don’t know where to focus it, is a gift. It’s beautiful. It’s your ability to hear what your soul truly wants. Have the courage to be who you are and pursue it with passion. Be different. Be bold. Embrace your ambition.

A Picture Quote To Live By:

Ambition Picture Quote

Chad Howse is the creator of Be Legendary, a company dedicated to helping guys experience greatness in Fitness, Work, & Life. Chad has been featured in Men's Health, Men's Fitness, and Shape magazines, and is a contributor to the Art of Manliness, and Addicted2Success.

1. Janel

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:33 am

Well said! If you enjoy being alone you have a unique advantage in building the discipline needed for entrepreneurial success.

2. cokobee (@cokobee1)

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:33 am

amazing article….this is the kind of inspiration I need..

3. Kevin Contreras

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:01 am

This is motivation at its best. Im 19 and sometimes I feel like its to late for me to become the person I see everytime I close my eyes but it’s articles like this that just wont let me quit. Thank you joel.

4. maiconweb

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Amazing text. inspiring. It made me think about a lot of decisions that I have to take.

5. Robert Gustavis (@GooseBiz)

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:03 am

Fall down 7 times, get up 8! Love it

6. OSCAR

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

this part. is really amazing, great passion in your words I see.

7. Saurabh Mishra

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Man!!! Now that’s known as motivation. I swear that today it all ends, the limitations, the reasonable but still stupid boundaries, they all end right here right now. No limitations only new heights to touch. I will make my life a marvellous one.

8. Deji R Yusuf

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:33 pm

willingness to fail is necessary for success so so true!

9. Ijeoma

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Great stuff. Love the Dali quote – so true!

10. ISB Techknowledgies

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm

We must all remember that “you will never succeed unless you are willing to fail.”

11. Steve

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

My dad has always said:
    “Be patient, all good things come to those who wait”

Now let me correct him and say:
    “All good things come to those who work, and those who wait miss out”.

12. Sthee McBane

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Hi Chad.

“To have that burning desire, even if we don’t know where to focus it, is a gift. It’s beautiful. It’s your ability to hear what your soul truly wants.”

This is so true and inspiring I’ve been through test and am saving this page, I’m passing this storm with this to read again and again on the other side.

I’ve been motivated. I thank you for the post.

13. TraderRach

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

A great article. I particularly like your list of areas of sacrifice. Very practical and to the point.

A burning ambition sure does keep us up to all hours!

Cheers Rach

14. Reem Ahmed

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:39 am

I absolutely loved this!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

15. Bharti Jindal

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Good One

16. Boris

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:23 am

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

17. Zequeatta Jaques

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Great! Persistence is what it is all about.

18. Leighann

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

What an awesome, fabulous, inspiring and motivating article! I have shared on LinkedIn and Twitter! Just what I needed to read this Friday morning. Thank you!

19. Victor Balasa

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Just retweeted this Joel! As always great stuff. I like it when you get down and dirty and write a lenghty post : )

PS Congrats on the new logo!

20. Syed

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Love it!! Brilliantly written!

Success Advice

Why I Had to Drop My Superman Complex and Hire a Marketing Genius

Joel Brown

Marketing-Facebook-Advertising-Bot-Rebate

For many years I had the Superman Complex. I thought I could handle every aspect of my business, no one could do it better than me, I knew it all and if anyone else put their hands on it, they would stuff it up. I credited much of my business success to the fact that I had done a lot of it myself. The truth was, I had achieved a lot in the first few years utilizing my own skills and creative ignorance, but as the Addicted2Success brand sky rocketed so did the demands for new levels of execution.

So I hired 3 awesome individuals: Tyler, Armando & Joe to help with content management and administration and it wasn’t long after this that I discovered that in order for Addicted2Success and the community to reach the level of impact it deserved I would need to find a marketing analytics and SEO development guy.

That was when I decided to give Joseph Lazukin a shot.

At only 25 years old, this college dropout turned whiz kid has been making a name in all the right circles, and out of good humor and fun, I decided to put Joseph to the test here at Addicted2Success to see if the rumors were true, and here were the results…

Within two weeks of working with Joseph, he doubled our site traffic and increased our revenue by nearly 300%, while at the same time ranking Addicted2Success.com for more keywords than our closest competitor.

Here is our SEO graph :

learn SEO

After having such a massive impact, I decided to interview Joseph and pick his brain on the advice he had for up and coming entrepreneurs struggling to market their businesses, and to also share an exciting announcement to all of our A2S readers…

So what do you ask a million dollar consultant? I had a few ideas, and I think you’ll enjoy the golden nuggets we extracted out of our conversation below:

“What is the biggest mistake you see business owners making today, and what is your advice on how to prevent our readers from making the same mistake?”

The biggest mistakes I see business owners making today is when it comes to social media, hiring the right talent, and technology. Almost every company I’ve ever come across, whether client or a big brand name like Best Buy, Sears, or even Dell, I notice they have all not placed their Facebook pixel or even set up their Google Analytics correctly to make informed decisions, yet they’re spending millions of dollars a year marketing on these social platforms.

I’ve never seen such a waste of revenue, because even the slightest change to the way they integrate those two elements of their digital marketing strategy, would save them millions in annual spend.

It may sound crazy, but what almost every business owner including Fortune500 business owners and CMOs do not know, is that a growing majority of traffic coming through popular ad networks is bot traffic.

It’s why Facebook was sued a few years ago when a questionable amount of traffic was thought to be bot traffic, and why Google just issued a refund to advertisers.

cost of ad fraud 2017

In fact, bot traffic has become such an issue that by 2025 it’s expected to cost advertisers $50BN USD, which I can send you a link to later, and by the simple fact that these major companies aren’t implementing policies to protect against bot traffic, is tell tale that companies are in desperate need of outside consultants to help educate and help them understand the landscape and risks of marketing in the digital age.

Small tweaks, have saved my clients millions of dollars on ad spend, whether it was in the form of implementing services like Siphon to block and potentially get rebates on that bot traffic or simply delaying their tracking pixels to avoid click jackers, bots, and other nefarious traffic sources from being lumped into retargeting campaigns, and increasing CPAs (cost per action). It’s a 10 minute fix, that has a profound effect, but nobody is doing it!

get refund on facebook bot traffic

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Facebook™ ads campaign

“Every day we see increasing amounts of click fraud coming into our client’s websites, with some clients seeing as little as 8% with their AdWords or up to 40% on Facebook campaigns. This problem is only getting worse and anyone who doesn’t make the effort to stop it on their accounts is throwing money away. “

– Richard Seppala (CEO of Siphon)

how to get refund from bot traffic on google ads

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Google Adwords™ campaign

As for anyone reading this who is looking into marketing online, the biggest piece of advice I can give you is that you need to be diligent and learn how to read and interpret data. Everything moves a lot quicker in the digital world than it does in the real world, one day you could be at the top of page one on Google or getting a 20x return on ad spend, and the next day an update can come out that wipes away your profits and offsets your quarterly projections. A year in the real world is like four years or seven years on the internet, staying stagnant and not adapting to new marketing practices is dangerous, and in the coming years we’ll see a lot of the big name brands get disrupted if they don’t adapt before another more agile competitor essentially takes their lunch.

“Wow! That was a lot of advice jumbled into one answer, so if I am understanding you right, advertisers are paying more because of bot traffic and they aren’t even aware of it? Or even how to fix it?”

Yes, and I actually have posted about the subject a few times on social media as well as fixes on how to prevent bot traffic from eating away at your margins. One of the biggest discoveries I made recently is when I ran “Engagement” based ads on Facebook vs “Traffic” based ads, and saw a huge disparity between the number of clicks that were being reported and the number of clicks that were being counted by Google Analytics and other 3rd party platforms.

Now I totally understand that there will always be some percentage of drop off, because of people becoming impatient due to load time, and that every analytics platform counts viewers differently, however all things considered when I ran a split test between the two ad types and the number of clicks reported, I saw a much greater disparity in the number of clicks reported by “Traffic” based ads, than I did with “Engagement” based ads, and I’m not talking a few percentage points, I’m talking upwards of 20%, and when I shared my findings, I was turned onto Siphon and other services that have sprung up in the industry that track bot traffic and are accredited for helping customers receive refunds from major ad networks like Facebook and Google and can issue copies of your traffic logs that you can then hand over to your ad network and receive a refund on that malicious traffic.

“Woah! So you can get a refund on your ad traffic?”

Yeah a certain percentage of it, but I would highly recommend companies implement best practices and try to prevent the malicious traffic in the first place.

“That makes sense, it’s better to prevent it than ask for a refund. So what other mistakes have you seen business owners making?”

Honestly, there is a pretty long list of things, but the main thing that businesses hire me for that has been possibly the biggest pain point, would have to be customer experience and follow up on cart abandonment.

So let’s say there is an e-com store that is doing around $10M a year, based on the universal industry average that 2 out of every 3 people abandon their cart, there will be around $20M in cart abandonment. That is an incredible amount of money, and those are not cold leads either, they are warm, they have already been to your site, experienced your brand, and yet when I ask most company owners and CMOs where their marketing dollars are being spent, it’s not on converting this low hanging fruit, it’s on bringing in more hard earned, cold leads.

It is a little insane to me, but hopefully that trend will start to shift as companies continue to adapt with consumer trends, and improve end to end customer experience.

“Interesting, so is that what you do, or what exactly is it that you do?”

I have worn a lot of hats, but most notably I am known as a CRO (conversion rate optimization) specialist. So for example, I’ll come into an e-com or SaaS business that is doing $10M a year in sales, that has $20M in cart abandonment like I mentioned previously, and I’ll use a handful of strategies to recoup around 30% or $6M of those abandoned sales. That is what I am mainly hired for these days, but on the other hand, I can also come in and optimize a site from a technical level so that it ranks significantly higher on Google and other search engines, like I did for Addicted2Success.

It really depends on what the client needs, but mostly companies hire me to recover abandoned cart sales, and put more points on the board to make investors happy. Recently however, I’ve been hired directly by investment groups to speed up their return on investment in the companies they’ve invested in by auditing their portfolios, launching growth hacking campaigns, and implementing the marketing strategies I have bulletproofed across several industries.

Often times, the difference between profitability and ending the year on a deficit could be as simple as implementing a bot filter like I mentioned above, tweaking your site structure to index better on Google, or implementing a solid cart abandonment strategy. If you have ever read Think & Grow Rich and the chapter about being 3 feet from gold, that is where most of the businesses are at when they approach me, I help them achieve those last 3 feet by shifting, optimizing, and re-aligning their marketing efforts.

“That is a really interesting perspective, I myself am a huge fan of Think & Grow Rich and I couldn’t agree with you more a lot of businesses often are on the edge of greatness and may need that fresh pair of eyes and outside perspective or consultant like you to help them achieve it. So all of this is really amazing, and I am glad to make the following announcement, but before I do, where can our readers follow or get in touch with you if they want to learn more about marketing and about what you do?”

The easiest way to follow me would frankly be on Facebook via my personal profile and for anyone interested in learning more about marketing and the strategies I implement for my clients, then joining my strategic marketing group will give you the greatest insight. I cover everything from paid advertising to SEO to social media hacks I use on client campaigns, and every other week I jump in and do a one hour live Q&A where you can ask me anything about marketing or about how to solve a problem you’re experiencing in your business. It’s something of a side project of mine, and although I could charge significantly more for the information I share, I wanted to make it expensive enough for people to pay attention and take action on the content, but low enough for any small businesses, startup, or business professional to be able to afford it.

“That’s a great way to give back, so I guess that leaves us with the big announcement you’ve all been waiting for…”

After working with Joseph and seeing his work ethic and simple dedication to the craft, we are excited to announce that we have brought him in as a permanent partner here at Addicted2Success!

So to all of our followers here at Addicted2Success, please give Joseph Lazukin a warm welcome to our A2S family! We look forward to the growth and expansion of A2S under his direction and the lives we will touch as we continue to grow the world’s #1 site for motivation and inspiration!

Success Advice

7 Everyday Methods Go-Getters Use to Train Their Minds

train your mind

A lot of importance is given to physical fitness, yet have you met anyone who says, “I am training my mind?” The world gives so much attention to a pretty package but what about the inside?

Training your mind is just as important as training the body, thus here are 7 everyday methods to train your mind:

1. Learn one new thing a day

The brain goes through a good amount of work every time you learn a new skill. Various studies prove that the most challenging task for a brain is to learn a new language.

Learning a foreign language is a complex process giving the brain a good workout in order to improve one’s Cognitive skills and overall brain function. In addition to this, there are many other benefits such as better focus, mental flexibility, and listening skills.

To train your mind, learn one new thing every day. Get to know a new fact or if you have a lot of time, learn a new language. Fun Fact: The toughest language in the world is Mandarin. (Why don’t you give it a try?)

2. Solve a Puzzle

The next obvious way to train your mind is to solve puzzles. Crosswords, Sudoku, and other puzzles can activate the synapses of your brain and improve its functioning.

Studies have found solving puzzles can help you remember things better along with boosting your productivity and memory.

There are many apps to train your brain. Lumosity, Personal Zen, and Happify are a few apps which have simple and complex levels of games which can challenge your brain.  Lumosity gives you a brain performance index which will denote your mental performance. The next time you have some free time on hand, solve a puzzle instead of watching a movie!

“How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?” – Tony Robbins

3. Get Enough Sleep

Getting a good night’s sleep has become very rare these days. Smartphones and other electronic gadgets are so addictive that we do not end up getting proper sleep. Research by the University of Pennsylvania shows sleep and memory to be strongly connected. Missing out on adequate sleep for a couple of days can significantly erode your memory.

There are 3 primary mechanisms involved in learning and memory. Acquisition is the first step in which your brain learns the new information. Consolidation is the process where the memory becomes stabilized into your mind. Lastly, recall is the ability to access the information after it has been stored.

While acquisition and recall happen when you are awake, consolidation happens when you are asleep. When you miss out on sleep, the second step fails, and you have difficulty recalling information.

4. Follow A Healthy Diet

What you eat also plays a role in training your mind. There are many memory superfoods which can significantly improve the functioning of your brain such as, antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, low glycemic carbs, and omega-3 fatty acid rich foods all fall under this category.

Since fresh fruits and vegetables protect your brain from harmful free radicals, it becomes a superfood. Another great diet is the mediterranean one which includes nuts, legumes, fish, blueberries, avocado, and beets which are great for your brain functioning.

5. Arts and Crafts

My favorite class in school was arts and crafts because it was incredibly fun. Science proves that it’s more than just fun because creative activities such as painting, handicrafts, and origami significantly improve the functioning of the brain.

Doing things which involve repetitive actions such as knitting improves your focus. It was found in a study that, crafts can calm the mind and effectively treat depression. Practice brain boosting hobbies like painting, dancing, or playing a musical instrument to stay focused.

6. Challenge Your Mind

When your day involves the usual chores, there is obviously no challenge to the brain. It enters into a stagnation mode as there is not much change. To avoid this from happening, it is essential you challenge your brain often.

Use your non-dominant hand to do stuff like brushing your teeth and writing in order to activate your other senses. For example, close your eyes when you take a shower which will use the sense of touch to find things. These things are fun to do, and at the same time, they throw a challenge to your mind.

“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz

7. Read

Reading is one of the best methods to train your mind. It relieves stress and tension of the brain cells, and most importantly it can help you get a new perspective on things. When you read, there is a lot of acquisition happening, and this boosts the functionality of the brain. Practice the habit of reading every day even if it can even be the everyday paper.

Conclusion

Training your mind can be a tricky business as it takes time and effort yet it will eventually pay off. Other than these hacks I told you, the most important one is to keep learning because it is a never-ending process that will get you going forever.

Which one of these tips was your favorite? Let us know by commenting below!

Success Advice

Starting A Business On Instagram? Here Are 7 Things You Need to Do

Instagram business

Instagram is one of the hottest social media platforms today with over 700 million monthly active users, a more engaged audience, and less competition than any other social networking giants such as Twitter or Facebook. This presents a golden opportunity for businesses to market their products to a more interested and targeted audience without spending a ton of money on paid advertising.

Whether your business strategy needs an update or you are a social media novice, the following 7 tips to start an Instagram business will be extremely helpful:

1. Beta Testing (And Involve the Community)

When you are launching a new business, it is critical to get feedback on your new concepts, ideas, and product in the early stages. But in order to make your business successful on Instagram, you will want to include Instagram members in your testing for useful feedback.

Beta testing is a type of testing where a sampling of the intended audience tries out the product before it is launched on wide scale. The goal of beta testing is to place your application in the hands of actual users outside of your business development team for the purpose of discovering any flaws or problems in your final version.

2. Make Instagram the Hub of Your Social Media Marketing

If you are planning to launch your business on Instagram, it is important to make your Instagram the one spot to visit with relevant information regarding the product offerings, launch date and anything else you will want to talk about. By diverting all traffic to your Instagram account from emails, blog posts, and your website, you will have a head start on establishing your Instagram community.

Keep in mind that this strategy may not be the best for all businesses – some businesses might want to divert all of their traffic to newsletter sign up page, for instance – however, if your aim is to make a stir on Instagram, your best plan of action is to push everyone to your Instagram profile before you launch your product or service.

Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.” – Susan Cooper

3. Create a Buzz Before You Launch

Keeping your customers interested in your product or service is a key part of any effective marketing strategy. Reward your loyal followers with exclusive content, and let them be the first ones to know about your new products, events or services. Create a range of fun and interesting teaser photos or trailers that will arouse anticipation or satisfy curiosity for your new stores, office openings or releases. This type of screening makes your Instagram followers feel curious and special, and likely to keep coming back for more insider information.

4. Create an Eye-catching Preview of Your Instagram Feed

Before you start attracting new followers to your Instagram account, make sure it is in the best condition possible. You shouldn’t have an empty profile when you send your followers, family, and friends to your Instagram channel because it gives off a bad impression. You should have already uploaded 4 to 5 posts to give them an idea of what to expect from you, along with captivating visual content communicating what your brand business is all about.

Make a habit of updating your bio section every now and then, and think of creative ways to use that opportunity for your own good. Think, app downloads, purchases or event registrations. Instagram has also introduced an option of adding phone numbers in bios, especially for businesses through Instagram Business profiles.

5. Choose the Right Name

Another important thing that acts a make or break factor for many potential customers is your Instagram name. Besides wanting an Instagram username that is already available, you will also want to think about the hashtags.

Since creative hashtag schemes are rapidly popularizing, having a dynamic branded hashtag that your followers and customers really want to use is the key to success when it comes to establishing an Instagram business. If you are initiating a new business, you need a brand name which doubles as an aspiring hashtag as this could be the pot of gold at the end of your Instagram glory.

6. Offer Instagram-Specific Rewards

Once you have built your Instagram fan base and have a killer Instagram feed, you will want to retain your followers and community, and this can only be done by keeping them engaged and curious about your brand. An easy way to do it is by offering Instagram-specific rewards, incentives discount, or perks. Whether it is a reward that your followers can only find on Instagram, or an Instagram giveaway, giving a little can guarantee a lot.

Another good idea is to host an Instagram contest, as it will help you build a fan base, increase awareness, increase engagement and boost sales. There are various ways to host a contest, and the best one will depend on your audience.

“Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.” – Matt Goulart

7. Don’t Forget Hashtags

Expanding an Instagram business takes determination, patience, and proper planning. Scheduling your Instagram posts beforehand is a good way to keep your business organized and ahead of the competition. Once you have launched your business, you will want to invest in connecting with other Instagrammers with the help of hashtags. To do this, you will first need to find hashtags that your audience is scrolling through. Next, you will need to start using those hashtags in your posts so people can find you.

Hashtagging is a great way to deliver a strong call to action. When you post content for your Instagram account, make sure all posts include a strong call to action in the form of a relevant hashtag. Some of the popular forms of call to action on Instagram that you can ask your followers to incorporate include “double tap”, “tag a friend in the post”, and “sign up today for free” to receive newsletters/emails. Instagram allows a minimum of 30 hashtags per post, but many users fail to make the most out of this ability.

Do you use instagram for social purposes or have you tried to build it into a business? Let us know your thoughts below!

Image courtesy of Twenty20.com

Success Advice

How Writing For 1000 Days Straight Made Me A Real Man

Writing was never my thing. I didn’t think of it as an art although in school I was told I was good at it. I never believed this compliment ever.

For more than 1000 days straight I’ve written consistently. While on holiday in San Fran, New Zealand and Japan I wrote. Waiting at the doctor’s office, I wrote. In line at the local vegetarian burger joint, I wrote. The things I’ve learned from writing have changed me from a spoilt little kid, into a real man.

Writing for 1000 days straight taught me:

Writing is my therapy.

My mentor Joel got a bit annoyed at me one day because he saw a few swear words in a blog post I published. I quickly realized what I’d done and then it came to me: I was swearing because it was how I released my frustration.

By writing about the things that upset me, I somehow felt less compelled to be angry at the world.

I found that my problems could be a source of inspiration for others.

You may not believe me but now I actually look forward to having problems.

Problems are what give me the fuel I need to write. Every problem becomes a solution for all of the readers that sit down and absorb my writing. Writing can inspire others and that’s what has helped me become a real man.

A real man, I believe, does things for more than just himself.

It taught me to stop chopping and changing.

I used to be a kid and would always throw in the towel when my passion or hobby got hard. Instead of pushing through the pain I’d just start something new. Writing made me a man by helping me realize that mastery and sticking at it is the real magic trick.

Happiness can be found in the strangest of places.

My dad was a writer and I always thought it was dumb. I never thought I’d ever do it myself. Doing something for more than 1000 days straight teaches you that you can find happiness in places you’d least expect. Try new things, find something that feels cool and stick at it.

It doesn’t have to be a book or blog.

Some days when I’m busy, I count my writing as inspiring emails to fans that can help them. Other days it’s replying to comments that people leave on my social media. We can fall into the trap of believing that writing only happens when it’s in the form of a book or blog post.

Let yourself off the hook. Write whenever you can and stop being so hard on yourself. Writing is writing chief.

Energy will determine the outcome.

I used the following to get more energy:
– On writing days I would sleep more the night before
– I didn’t drink alcohol on days where I planned to write a lot
– I drank mushroom coffee (recommended by Tim Ferriss) for a quick fix
– I ate energy-rich foods like fruits, veggies, and the odd avocado for brain power

“If you’re a sleepy zombie then you’ll never be able to find the energy to keep pushing through all of the hurdles you’re going to encounter with writing or any pursuit for that matter”

The power of a deadline.

Here’s an awesome little hack I used. I’m the biggest procrastinator you’ll ever meet. If I have all day to write, then I’ll spend the last hour before dinner writing if I’m lucky. What I did instead was book in social catch-ups, trips to the cinema’s, outings with the girlfriend and anything I could that involved other people.

This gave me a perceived sense of urgency and a deadline I couldn’t miss. What’s funny is the tighter the deadline, the more productive I became. Here’s what’s even crazier:

The blog posts I’ve written, that had the tightest deadline and the least amount of time to write them, have been my most popular.

Over thinking kills creativity and so does having too much time to fluff around. These deadlines have allowed me to produce lots of writing that have contributed to me becoming a real man.

Writing has uncovered raw emotion in me.

Raw emotion has changed the game for me. As I got past the 10-day mark, I stopped giving a F more and more. This brought out raw emotion in me that couldn’t be faked like an Instagram filter. It’s this raw emotion that got me more readers and allowed me to make a bigger difference in the world.

There’s something about someone who makes the bold decision to wear their heart on their sleeve. Writing heaps forces you to think deeper and to dig deeper every time you sit down at the computer.

Writing for more than 1000 days became like a game to see how much I could learn about myself. The words began to paint a picture of me that I had never seen or even dreamt of.

“These words that became pictures redefined who I was”

I used these pictures to become a new man and one I could be proud of. I want you to discover raw emotion for yourself. I want you to paint beautiful pictures with words that come from deep inside of you.

Just get started.

There were days when I couldn’t be bothered writing. I found that once I got started, the words would pour out of me. It was as if the words were dying to get out of me some days. Instead of giving yourself excuses, don’t try and have every day be the day you produce your best work.

Some of the blog posts I’ve written I thought were barely okay. These same posts have been highly shareable more than my so-called serious stuff. 1000 days of writing teaches you to disconnect yourself from the outcome and focus on the practice itself. Discipline has made me a real man.

You must like the topic.

I tried writing about stuff that people told me too. I found myself hating the process every time. Have a list of suggested topics that you’ve come up with and then write about the one that makes you feel good at the time.

Make it up as you go.

I invent words all the time like self-disrupt, fakepreneur and too many other ridiculous ones to mention here. I break grammar rules to suit myself and to make my writing easy on the eye. What will separate you from everyone else is when you decide to make up the rules.

It’s easier to be different than it is to be a better writer, or saxophone player or artist. A rule forces you to conform to everyone else’s expectations. What made me a real man was discovering the power of my own creativity and not listening to all the hype out there.

There’s a lot of noise and people that will tell you they have the secret chicken sauce. They’re selling lies to you to benefit their own selfish goals.

Be you and make up the rest as you go.

Reading fuels your creative brain.

I get asked all the time “Tim, where do you get all these writing ideas from?”

I wish I could tell you that I was some idea factory that could mass-produce amazing writing pieces. The truth is I’m not that smart. In conjunction with writing, I’ve also been reading like a KFC junkie addicted to hot sauce.

Books have opened up my world to what’s possible. Books have helped me see things in my life that I had previously ignored.

“Books sold me a truth that I couldn’t get from the Internet or TV”

Every word you read get’s stored in your computer brain and can be recalled later on without you probably even realizing. Reading has taught me the lessons that have made me a man and a blogger.

Authenticity and transparency, plus brutal honesty, is where it’s at.

In the beginning, I was a bit of a pussy. I hid parts of myself and didn’t tell the full story. In the first 10 days, I tried to be brutal. By the 1000th day, I had enough practice and had seen the audience react enough, that I showed everything in my stories. No detail was left out.

People read my stuff because they know it’s authentic and real. I’m brutally honest and not afraid to make fun of myself. I’m not afraid to admit that I too have once been a self-obsessed, immature, coward too. It’s okay; we’ve all been there.

This brutal honesty helps you be honest with yourself too. Through these honest moments, you learn a lot about who you are and who you can become. I think real honesty helped me become a real man. A man I can be proud of.

If you want to increase your productivity and learn some more valuable life hacks, then join my private mailing list on timdenning.net

Success Advice

Why I Had to Drop My Superman Complex and Hire a Marketing Genius

Joel Brown

Marketing-Facebook-Advertising-Bot-Rebate

That was when I decided to give Joseph Lazukin a shot.

Here is our SEO graph :

learn SEO

cost of ad fraud 2017

get refund on facebook bot traffic

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Facebook™ ads campaign

– Richard Seppala (CEO of Siphon)

how to get refund from bot traffic on google ads

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Google Adwords™ campaign

“Woah! So you can get a refund on your ad traffic?”

“Interesting, so is that what you do, or what exactly is it that you do?”

I am the the Founder of Addicted2Success.com and I am so grateful you're here to be part of this awesome community. I love connecting with people who have a passion for Entrepreneurship, Self Development & Achieving Success. I started this website with the intention of educating and inspiring likeminded people to always strive for success no matter what their circumstances. I'm proud to say through my podcast and through this website we have impacted over 100 million lives in the last 6 and a half years.

1. Janel

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:33 am

2. cokobee (@cokobee1)

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:33 am

amazing article….this is the kind of inspiration I need..

3. Kevin Contreras

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:01 am

4. maiconweb

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm

5. Robert Gustavis (@GooseBiz)

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:03 am

Fall down 7 times, get up 8! Love it

6. OSCAR

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

this part. is really amazing, great passion in your words I see.

7. Saurabh Mishra

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:44 pm

8. Deji R Yusuf

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:33 pm

willingness to fail is necessary for success so so true!

9. Ijeoma

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Great stuff. Love the Dali quote – so true!

10. ISB Techknowledgies

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:30 pm

11. Steve

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

My dad has always said:
    “Be patient, all good things come to those who wait”

Now let me correct him and say:
    “All good things come to those who work, and those who wait miss out”.

12. Sthee McBane

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Hi Chad.

I’ve been motivated. I thank you for the post.

13. TraderRach

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

A burning ambition sure does keep us up to all hours!

Cheers Rach

14. Reem Ahmed

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:39 am

I absolutely loved this!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

15. Bharti Jindal

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Good One

16. Boris

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:23 am

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

17. Zequeatta Jaques

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Great! Persistence is what it is all about.

18. Leighann

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

19. Victor Balasa

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

PS Congrats on the new logo!

20. Syed

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Love it!! Brilliantly written!

Success Advice

Why I Had to Drop My Superman Complex and Hire a Marketing Genius

Joel Brown

Marketing-Facebook-Advertising-Bot-Rebate

That was when I decided to give Joseph Lazukin a shot.

Here is our SEO graph :

learn SEO

cost of ad fraud 2017

get refund on facebook bot traffic

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Facebook™ ads campaign

– Richard Seppala (CEO of Siphon)

how to get refund from bot traffic on google ads

Analytics showing bot traffic detected by Siphon on a Google Adwords™ campaign

“Woah! So you can get a refund on your ad traffic?”

“Interesting, so is that what you do, or what exactly is it that you do?”

Success Advice

7 Everyday Methods Go-Getters Use to Train Their Minds

train your mind

1. Learn one new thing a day

2. Solve a Puzzle

3. Get Enough Sleep

4. Follow A Healthy Diet

5. Arts and Crafts

6. Challenge Your Mind

7. Read

Conclusion

Which one of these tips was your favorite? Let us know by commenting below!

Success Advice

Starting A Business On Instagram? Here Are 7 Things You Need to Do

Instagram business

1. Beta Testing (And Involve the Community)

2. Make Instagram the Hub of Your Social Media Marketing

3. Create a Buzz Before You Launch

4. Create an Eye-catching Preview of Your Instagram Feed

5. Choose the Right Name

6. Offer Instagram-Specific Rewards

7. Don’t Forget Hashtags

Image courtesy of Twenty20.com

Success Advice

How Writing For 1000 Days Straight Made Me A Real Man

Writing for 1000 days straight taught me:

Writing is my therapy.

I found that my problems could be a source of inspiration for others.

You may not believe me but now I actually look forward to having problems.

A real man, I believe, does things for more than just himself.

It taught me to stop chopping and changing.

Happiness can be found in the strangest of places.

It doesn’t have to be a book or blog.

Energy will determine the outcome.

I used the following to get more energy:
– On writing days I would sleep more the night before
– I didn’t drink alcohol on days where I planned to write a lot
– I drank mushroom coffee (recommended by Tim Ferriss) for a quick fix

The power of a deadline.

Writing has uncovered raw emotion in me.

“These words that became pictures redefined who I was”

Just get started.

You must like the topic.

Make it up as you go.

Be you and make up the rest as you go.

Reading fuels your creative brain.

I get asked all the time “Tim, where do you get all these writing ideas from?”

“Books sold me a truth that I couldn’t get from the Internet or TV”

Authenticity and transparency, plus brutal honesty, is where it’s at.