Clint Eastwood is an American actor, film director, producer, musician, and political figure.
He has an estimated net worth of over $375 million and has won Academy Awards for best director and producer of the best picture as well as receiving Academy Award nominations for best actor.
Here are 82 excellent Clint Eastwood quotes:
1. ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” – Clint Eastwood
2. “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. ” – Clint Eastwood
3. “I tried being reasonable, I didn’t like it.” – Clint Eastwood
4. “I don’t believe in pessimism. If something doesn’t come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it’s going to rain, it will.” – Clint Eastwood
5. “If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.” – Clint Eastwood
6. “Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.” – Clint Eastwood
7. “I’m interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.” – Clint Eastwood
8. “It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people’s lives.” – Clint Eastwood
9. “There’s only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I’ll get married again.” – Clint Eastwood
10. “Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
11. “There’s a rebel lying deep in my soul.” – Clint Eastwood
12. “You should never give up your inner self.” – Clint Eastwood
13. “God gave you a brain. Do the best you can with it. And you don’t have to be Einstein, but Einstein was mentally tough. He believed what he believed. And he worked out things. And he argued with people who disagreed with him. But I’m sure he didn’t call everybody jerks.” – Clint Eastwood
14. “We boil at different degrees.” – Clint Eastwood
15. “When you’re young, you’re very reckless. Then you get conservative. Then you get reckless again.” – Clint Eastwood
16. “Let’s put it this way: there wouldn’t be much point in me attending a high-school reunion now because there wouldn’t be anybody there. We’d struggle to raise a quorum.” – Clint Eastwood
17. “I just think it is important that you realize, that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.” – Clint Eastwood
18. “Alfred Hitchcock once told me, when I was analyzing a lot of things about his pictures, ‘Clint, you must remember, it’s only a movie.’” – Clint Eastwood
19. “Fate pulls you in different directions.” – Clint Eastwood
20th Clint Eastwood Quote –“If I was not a dreamer, I would have achieved nothing.” – Clint Eastwood
21. “I’ve always felt that if I examine myself too much, I’ll find out what I know and don’t know, and I’ll burst the bubble. I’ve gotten so lucky relying on my animal instincts, I’d rather keep a little bit of the animal alive.” – Clint Eastwood
22. “You have to feel confident. If you don’t, then you’re going to be hesitant and defensive, and there’ll be a lot of things working against you.” – Clint Eastwood
23. “Whether you like it or not, you’re forced to come to the realization that death is out there. But I don’t fear death, I’m a fatalist. I believe when it’s your time, that’s it. It’s the hand you’re dealt.” – Clint Eastwood
24. “Actors know, with me they aren’t going to be allowed to rehearse a scene for a couple of hours and then get away with doing 25 takes before we get it right. So they come with their full bag of tricks.” – Clint Eastwood
25. “I just make the pictures and where they fall is where they fall. If somebody likes them, that’s always nice. And if they don’t like them, then too bad.” – Clint Eastwood
26. “If you ever go to a music session, you’ll notice that the musicians can sit down and start playing right away, and everyone knows what to do. Of course they’re reading it, but the conductor can tweak little things, and you can take that back to directing motion pictures.” – Clint Eastwood
27. “What you put into life is what you get out of it.” – Clint Eastwood
28. “If you’re doing a biography, you try to stay as accurate as possible to reality. But you really don’t know what was going on in the person’s mind. You just know what was going on in the minds of people around him.” – Clint Eastwood
29. “You always want to quit while you are ahead. You don’t want to be like a fighter who stays too long in the ring until you’re not performing at your best.” – Clint Eastwood
30. “Aging can be fun if you lay back and enjoy it.” – Clint Eastwood
31. “The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits.” – Clint Eastwood
32. “If a person doesn’t change, there’s something really wrong with him.” – Clint Eastwood
33. “Men must know their limitations.” – Clint Eastwood
34. “Winning the election is a good-news, bad-news kind of thing. Okay, now you’re the mayor. The bad news is, now you’re the mayor.” – Clint Eastwood
35. “Everybody accuses me of moving fast when I direct a picture. I don’t move fast, but I just keep moving.” – Clint Eastwood
36. “You can’t stop everything from happening. But we’ve gotten to a point where we’re certainly trying. If a car doesn’t have four hundred air bags in it, then it’s no good.” – Clint Eastwood
37. “I’m a mentor to anybody who’s interested.” – Clint Eastwood
38. “I’m a movie maker, but I have the same feelings as the average guy out there.” – Clint Eastwood
39. “Nobody looks like they did when they were 20, so why not take advantage of the fact that you’re changing, emotionally as well as physically?” – Clint Eastwood
40. “My whole life has been one big improvisation.” – Clint Eastwood
41. “Every movie I make teaches me something. That’s why I keep making them.” – Clint Eastwood
42. “The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.” – Clint Eastwood
43. “There’s a lot of great movies that have won the Academy Award, and a lot of great movies that haven’t. You just do the best you can.” – Clint Eastwood
44. “There’s no real excuse for being successful enough as an actor to do what you want and then selling out. You do it pure. You don’t try to adapt it, make it commercial.” – Clint Eastwood
45. “I’ve never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves – it’s just a question of finding the subject.” – Clint Eastwood
46. “We are like boxers, one never knows how much longer one has.” – Clint Eastwood
47. “I’m just a kid – I’ve got a lot of stuff to do yet.” – Clint Eastwood
48. “I keep working because I learn something new all the time.” – Clint Eastwood
49. “I guess maybe when you get past 70, other people start asking you how you feel.” – Clint Eastwood
50th Clint Eastwood Quote – “I do believe in self-help.” – Clint Eastwood
51. “I hate to see anybody sink. I hate to see anybody lose their dream, lose their home, something like that.” – Clint Eastwood
52. “I’m not a regrets-type person.” – Clint Eastwood
53. “You have to steal a lot. You have to have a criminal mentality to be a film director.” – Clint Eastwood
54. “I guess I’m living in the present more than the past.” – Clint Eastwood
55. “My dad was fiscally conservative, and I was influenced by that. He didn’t believe in spending more than you had because it gets you into trouble.” – Clint Eastwood
56. “Some people feel that the world owes them a living.” – Clint Eastwood
57. “As you get older, you’re not afraid of doubt. Doubt isn’t running the show. You take out all the self-agonizing.” – Clint Eastwood
58. “Every story has its demands.” – Clint Eastwood
59. “I’m a day-to-day-type person.” – Clint Eastwood
60. “Society is at odds with itself.” – Clint Eastwood
61. “I’ve always been very liberal when it comes to people thinking for themselves.” – Clint Eastwood
62. “Man becomes his most creative during war.” – Clint Eastwood
63. “I don’t mind telling a dark side.” – Clint Eastwood
64. “I have worked ever since I was 13.” – Clint Eastwood
65. “I like working. That’s when I’m feeling my best. And the people around me know that. My wife knows that.” – Clint Eastwood
66. “In past generations, people would try to play younger than they really are. My trick is, I don’t try to play younger than I really am.” – Clint Eastwood
67. “It would be great to be 105 and still making films.” – Clint Eastwood
68. “I always liked characters that were more grounded in reality.” – Clint Eastwood
69. “You know when you’re young and you see a play in high school, and the guys all have gray in their hair and they’re trying to be old men and they have no idea what that’s like? It’s just that stupid the other way around.” – Clint Eastwood
70. “I think kids are natural actors. You watch most kids; if they don’t have a toy, they’ll pick up a stick and make a toy out of it. Kids will daydream all the time.” – Clint Eastwood
71. “Society has made us believe you should look like an 18-year-old model all your life.” – Clint Eastwood
72. “I’ve taken advantage of a few breaks that came along and moved along with them.” – Clint Eastwood
73. “It’s always appealing to play a character that has to overcome himself as well as an obstacle. It makes the drama so much deeper.” – Clint Eastwood
74. “There has to be something in every role that interests you.” – Clint Eastwood
75. “I probably would have retired years ago if I hadn’t found interesting things to do.” – Clint Eastwood
76. “I think there is a lot made out of age, and what age you feel.” – Clint Eastwood
77. “Why am I a star? It can’t be because of looks.” – Clint Eastwood
78. “As I get older, I tend to put more into family than I used to.” – Clint Eastwood
79. “In ‘Gran Torino,’ I play a guy who’s racially offensive. But he learned. It shows that you’re never too old to learn and embrace people that you don’t understand to begin with. It seems like nobody else got that message, I guess.” – Clint Eastwood
80. “When I see a story, I ask: is this something I’d like to be in? Is this something I’d like to see? And if I’d like to see it, would I like to tell it?” – Clint Eastwood
81. “I’ve had no problem harnessing anger.” – Clint Eastwood
82. “I’m not afraid to look bad on the screen.” – Clint Eastwood
What Clint Eastwood quotes stuck out to you? Share in the comment section below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
How to Have More Money: 5 Secrets You Need to Know to Be Wealthy
6 Tips for CEOs to Master Work-Life Balance
4 Signs You Need Support in Your Business & How to Pinpoint Where You Need It
7 Financial Health Strategies for Young Entrepreneurs
3 Tips To Supercharge Your Visualizations
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Quotes3 weeks ago
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Why It’s So Important To Break Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Motivation3 weeks ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn from The King of the Jungle
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Uncover Your Blind Spots and Live Life on Your Terms
- Quotes3 weeks ago
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
- Entrepreneurs5 days ago
(Infographic) 9 of the World’s Most Influential Female Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful