Vince Lombardi could be considered the godfather of all coaches. His focus, determination and ability to inspire was second to none.
The quotes that Lombardi provided over the years are as legendary as the man himself.
Though his profession was as a football coach, his leadership, and these 7 quotes provided by him, were ultimately more than just about a game, they were about life. These quotes inspire me and I hope that they inspire you too.
Here are my 7 favorite motivational quotes by Vince Lombardi:
“The spirit, the will to win, and the will to endure are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.”
This quote to me reaches far beyond football and is a great description of the individuals both near to us and afar that create influence and motivation in our lives. The best of mankind can be summed up in this quote and speaks all the way from world leaders to those less fortunate.
Where there is a strong will, and great determination, we become capable of continuing to move forward. Life is about progress and not perfection.
“Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.”
I’ve played a wide variety of sports my whole life and definitely found this to be true. This insight from Lombardi reaches beyond the playing field as the best leaders I have ever worked for, or have had as mentors, have found a way to dig deeper into your true essence. This is where real motivation happens which cannot be replicated on a drawing board or a memo.
“To achieve success, whatever the job we have, we must pay the price.”
I look at this in my life the same as the idea that anything that is given to us must be earned. Nothing comes for free and success will never just be handed to us. The idea of achieving anything whether it be in a career, relationships or personal goals will not come without heartache and strife. The challenges that are presented on the road to success is what makes it that much sweeter.
“Success is based upon a spiritual quality, a power to inspire others.”
The best man I’ve ever worked for could inspire us in more ways than I even think we realized. When the spirit is strong and and the ability to inspire comes naturally, true leadership is able to shine.
You however might be the one who has the ability to inspire others and this gift should not be taken lightly. To me there is no greater person than the man or woman that can bring the best out of others.
“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”
Believe it or not one of the most passionate people I had ever met was a man who sold potatoes at a large farmers market in London, England. In his mind he could have been selling Rolls Royces as his devotion and passion to something so simple translated into an enthusiasm that many found addicting.
He was so dedicated and committed to his chosen field that you couldn’t help but envy the passion he had for his work and ultimately his own life. Again, even though it was potatoes, you knew this man woke up each day knowing he was living his passion and serving his purpose.
“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
This quote has really applied to me as I’ve noticed how true, and dangerous, it really is. Quitting is like a cheap drug that provides some relief but hurts you in the long run. The problem with quitting is that it has a domino effect that leads to a long running pattern.
When feelings of quitting rear their ugly head it becomes the time when you really need to put your head down and push through. If you can make this reaction to it a new habit, the urge to quit WILL pass.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
To me this is the ultimate Vince Lombardi quote, so simple yet so profound. Even though this has a direct connection to football, or any other sport, it is so much more about life. To pretend you are not going to get taken down a peg or two over the course of your life is to be pretty blind to reality.
We know we are going to get knocked down, that’s not the issue, the issue is our response to this adversity. In the response you find true perseverance and, at its core, your true character.
What is your favorite Vince Lombardi quote? Which Vince Lombardi quote would you add to this list?
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)
How to Harness the Power of Your Personal Narrative
7 Ways Yoga Effectively Motivates You to Achieve Success
If You Want Your Business to Grow, You Need to Increase Your Capacity in the Following 4 Areas
The Importance of Failure: Why We Should Fail Forward
The Secret to Becoming the Most Desirable Person to Do Business With
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Things You Should Do if You Want to Live a Successful and Prosperous Life
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Want to Be an Entrepreneur? It’s Impossible Without These 3 Characteristics
Success Advice3 weeks ago
4 Ways You Can Master Magnetic Confidence – Ashley Hann
Success Advice3 weeks ago
19 Success Mantras From Zig Ziglar to Help You Unleash Your True Potential
Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Reasons Why Walking Away Can Bring You Greater Success
Life4 weeks ago
How 8 Minutes of Meditation Can Give You the Productivity Boost You Need
Life4 weeks ago
5 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Hitting Rock Bottom
Life4 weeks ago
This 5 Minute Test Will Instantly Change Your Life