Alan Sugar is a business magnate, media personality and political advisor from the UK. Sugar has joined the list of billionaires in 2015 with £1.4 billion.
Here is a list of Alan Sugar quotes:
45 Motivational Alan Sugar Quotes:
1. “Not everybody needs to go to university; they can get out and start working straight away.” – Alan Sugar
2. “Money is all right but once you have it you learn it’s not the be all and end all.” – Alan Sugar
3. “The entrepreneurial instinct is in you. You can’t learn it, you can’t buy it, you can’t put it in a bottle. It’s just there and it comes out.” – Alan Sugar
4. “Why work when you can fill out a few forms and get paid for doing nothing?” – Alan Sugar
5. “Put your loved ones, not your profit margin, centre stage.” – Alan Sugar
6. “It’s never a good thing to be seen to be rushing to conclude a deal.” – Alan Sugar
7. “Don’t worry if you make mistakes because that’s how most people learn.” – Alan Sugar
8. “In America, everybody thinks they’re an entrepreneur. That’s the problem. It’s not a title that anybody should call oneself.” – Alan Sugar
9. “I’ve spent my business career giving good value for money, and I hope never to deviate from that ethos.” – Alan Sugar
10th Alan Sugar Quote – “Self-belief is a critical skill for business success.” – Alan Sugar
11. “Once you decide to work for yourself, you never go back to work for somebody else.” – Alan Sugar
12. “I started my business in a so-called ‘recession.’… I didn’t know what a ‘recession’ was and I didn’t care less.” – Alan Sugar
13.“I’m a great believer in solid foundations that will last – and that will serve your family, your community and, by implication, your country and future generations.” – Alan Sugar
14. “Being employed in the old-fashioned way isn’t that available any more. People have got to start thinking about doing things for themselves.” – Alan Sugar
15. “What you need is sheer determination. Passion and great personal belief. And a slice of good luck.” – Alan Sugar
16. “I like to be a very fair person.” – Alan Sugar
17. “Let your opponent win something… I realised that it’s no good boxing people into a corner; if you really want to succeed, you need to let them win a little and leave them with a nice way out.” – Alan Sugar
18. “If you decide to work with a partner, make sure that you know their abilities. Also, do a bit of due diligence to see if all that glitters really is gold.” – Alan Sugar
19. “You’ve either got entrepreneurial spirit or you haven’t. It resides within you and it’s sparked off by ideas that come about through the various situations you find yourself in.” – Alan Sugar
20th Alan Sugar Quote – “It’s a simple rule of business: no income means you have to cut and run.” – Alan Sugar
21. “I’ve been in business since I was a 12-year-old schoolkid, really. If there was an opportunity and a demand, I’d be there.” – Alan Sugar
22. “Don’t start telling me that you’re just like me, because no one’s like me; I’m unique.” – Alan Sugar
23. “My parents did their best, but not being able to have what I wanted made me determined to do something for myself – to be self-sufficient.” – Alan Sugar
24. “The commodity may be different, the environment may be different, but the presentation and selling skills are exactly the same – and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” – Alan Sugar
25. “I’m a firm believer that, if you’ve got what it take’s you’ll have a feeling in your gut, a hunger in your belly – and you’ll know you want to be your own boss.” – Alan Sugar
26. “Having a vision is about using your imagination, it is about stretching your brain to think differently. It’s about training yourself to focus on where it is you want to go, what it is you want to achieve.” – Alan Sugar
27. “I would never be able to stay the course working for someone else.” – Alan Sugar
28. “I have the greatest respect for women in business. Some of the best people I’ve ever employed have been women.” – Alan Sugar
29. “You cannot make someone into an entrepreneur, just like you can’t make someone a pop singer or an artist. It has to be in-built in you; it’s a kind of a nose for things, a smell for things, and then an instinct to do it and a focus.” – Alan Sugar
30. “I’m a commercial person, not an academic.” – Alan Sugar
31. “The type of person I am – I need to know everything that’s going on in my company…” – Alan Sugar
32. “I have a passion and commitment to try and help small businesses and enterprise to see if we can get things moving again.” – Alan Sugar
33. “You are the only one who knows what to do with your business.” – Alan Sugar
34. “You mustn’t rely upon anyone else. It’s going to be you who defines the way forward.” – Alan Sugar
35. “I’m sick and tired of all this pussyfooting around and I’m going to do what I damn well want to do.” – Alan Sugar
36. “Youngsters have got to stop thinking about becoming the next Zuckerberg. It’s a trillion-to-one chance. What they need is mater and pater to say, ‘Get a job, son.'” – Alan Sugar
37. “You never know when something stored in your mind can come into play as far as business is concerned.” – Alan Sugar
38. “I have principles and I am not going to be forced to compromise them.” – Alan Sugar
39. “Do not rely upon any government to assist you in running your business.” – Alan Sugar
40. “I am personally sick and tired of listening to so-called entrepreneurs complaining about how the banks and the government are not helping them in their businesses.” – Alan Sugar
41. “You have to pay, and you can only pay if you sell…” – Alan Sugar
42. “It’s very easy for people to blame the top man when things are no good but what you have to look deeper at is what these problems are.” – Alan Sugar
43. “You can’t learn to be an entrepreneur by reading a book. You can only find out by giving it a try.” – Alan Sugar
44. “Entrepreneurial spirit does lie buried in the subconscious of many people, and it takes day-to-day opportunities and experience in business for it to actually flourish.” – Alan Sugar
45. “There is no shame in looking at your competitors or reading up on what new trends and ideas are around. By all means spend valuable time at exhibitions.” – Alan Sugar
What’s your favorite Alan Sugar Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
The 3 Types of Confidence You Need to Know and Understand
3 Simple Tips to Strengthen Your Emotional Intelligence for Better Relationships
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
3 Time-Effective Strategies That Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey Uses to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Mindset Reframes Business Owners Can Use in 5 Minutes or Less for Greater Success
- Motivation4 weeks ago
The Guide to Staying Motivated While Working Alone
- Startups4 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Quotes2 weeks ago
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Inspiring Lessons We Can Learn From Jim Carrey About the Law of Attraction
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
6 Growth Hacking Tips That’ll Show You How to Grow Your Business as Fast as Possible
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How an Entrepreneur Can Create a Truly Balanced Life