Mark Cuban is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks basketball team, Landmark Theatres, Magnolia Pictures, and he is the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV.
He is also an American businessman, film producer, author, investor, and philanthropist. You may have seen him on the hit TV series Shark Tank, alongside Kevin O’leary, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran.
Check out some of the billionaire Mark Cuban’s inspiring quotes.
43 Mark Cuban Quotes
1. “Money is a scoreboard where you can rank how you’re doing against other people.” – Mark Cuban
2. “There are always going to be things we love to do. That we dream about doing. That we really, really want to do with our lives. Those passions aren’t worth a nickel.” – Mark Cuban
3. “I’m a believer that you accomplish much, much more with direct relationships than by using an intermediary. And that cash you keep in the bank can be the difference between staying alive as a small business, or not.” – Mark Cuban
4. “What I do know, at least what I think I have learned from my experiences in business, is that when there is a rush for everyone to do the same thing, it becomes more difficult to do. Not easier. Harder.” – Mark Cuban
5. “It’s not about money or connections — it’s the willingness to outwork and out-learn everyone… And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time. We are acting in the best interests of shareholders.” – Mark Cuban
6. “Open offices keep everyone in tune with what is going on and keep the energy up. If an employee is about privacy, show him or her how to use the lock on the bathroom.” – Mark Cuban
7. “I create offbeat advice; I don’t follow it. I rarely take third-party advice on my investments.” – Mark Cuban
8. “It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once.” – Mark Cuban
9. “Being rich is a good thing. Not just in the obvious sense of benefiting you and your family, but in the broader sense. Profits are not a zero sum game. The more you make, the more of a financial impact you can have.” – Mark Cuban
10. “Because if you’re prepared and you know what it takes, it’s not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there.” – Mark Cuban
11. “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.” – Mark Cuban
12. “Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love. If you have an exit strategy, it’s not an obsession.” – Mark Cuban
13. “Wherever I see people doing something the way it’s always been done, the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be done, following the same old trends, well, that’s just a big red flag to me to go look somewhere else.” – Mark Cuban
14th Mark Cuban Quote –“Once you have found out what you love to do, there is only one goal: to be the best in the world at it.” – Mark Cuban
15. “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.” – Mark Cuban
16. “The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson or anyone in any position can control is their effort.” – Mark Cuban
17. “I love to compete. To me, business is the ultimate sport. It’s always on. There is always someone trying to beat me.” – Mark Cuban
18. “What I’ve learned is that if you really want to be successful at something, you’ll find that you put the time in. You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea.” – Mark Cuban
19. “Treat your customers like they own you. Because they do.” – Mark Cuban
20. “Everyone is passionate about something. Usually more than one thing. We are born with it.” – Mark Cuban
21. “Creating opportunities means looking where others are not.” – Mark Cuban
22. “Find something you love to do. If you don’t make money at it, at least you love going to work.” – Mark Cuban
23. “When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001?” – Mark Cuban
24. “I worked hard and smarter than most people in the businesses I have been in. It’s not in the dreaming, it’s in the doing.” – Mark Cuban
25. “The thrill of victory in business blows away the thrill of victory in sports. Business is a sport 24x7x365.” – Mark Cuban
26. “What I’ve learned in these 11 years is you just got to stay focused and believe in yourself and trust your own ability and judgment.” – Mark Cuban
27. “Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don’t do it.” – Mark Cuban
28th Mark Cuban Quote –“Social media is just a platform. Twitter is a very simple and immediate broadcast platform. Facebook is a very personal, when it comes to friends and when it comes to fan pages, a little bit less but still somewhat personal way to communicate.” – Mark Cuban
29. “Doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full. All that matters is that you are the one pouring the water.” – Mark Cuban
30. “Make sure you are the boss. I don’t think I would encourage executives that work for me to blog. There can be only 1 public vision for an organization.” – Mark Cuban
31. “I’ve learned the number one job of a pro manager is not to win championships but to keep their job.” – Mark Cuban
32. “Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do.” – Mark Cuban
33. “Work like somebody is trying to take it all away from you.” – Mark Cuban
34. “For every one of my businesses, what would I have to do to kick my own ass? What ever business you have, there is always someone trying to put you out of business. It’s better for you to figure how they’re going to do it, than they do it.” – Mark Cuban
35. “Small businesses don’t fail for lack of capital. They fail for lack of brains, they fail for lack of effort.” – Mark Cuban
36. “If you’re going to compete with me or one of my businesses, you’d better recognize that I’m working 24 hours a day to kick your ass.” – Mark Cuban
37. “You’ve gotta be differentiated and unique. You’ve gotta know what your core competency is and be great at it.” – Mark Cuban
38. “If you have managers reporting to managers in a startup, you will fail. Once you get beyond startup, if you have managers reporting to managers, you will create politics.” – Mark Cuban
39. “In my opinion, right now there’s way too much hype on the technologies and not enough attention to the real businesses behind them.” – Mark Cuban
40. “The first cities to create friction-free enterprise zones will get a lot of entrepreneurial traction.” – Mark Cuban
41. “We can’t ever forget that the Internet now is just a staid utility. The exciting platforms are software applications that are very, very simple.” – Mark Cuban
42. “When you turn your team upside down and try to figure out what the culture of the team is, you take the greatest risk a team can take.” – Mark Cuban
43. “The key is having great players. But there are a lot of teams that have All-Stars and haven’t been able to put it together.” – Mark Cuban
What’s your favorite Mark Cuban Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
Self Sabotage is Your Biggest Hurdle to an Extraordinary Life
5 of the Best Proven Growth Hacking Strategies for Your Business
The 3 Types of Confidence You Need to Know and Understand
3 Simple Tips to Strengthen Your Emotional Intelligence for Better Relationships
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Startups4 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Quotes2 weeks ago
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Inspiring Lessons We Can Learn From Jim Carrey About the Law of Attraction
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
6 Growth Hacking Tips That’ll Show You How to Grow Your Business as Fast as Possible
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How an Entrepreneur Can Create a Truly Balanced Life
- Life1 week ago
If You Want to Avoid Failure Once and for All, Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
6 Steps to Changing Your Scarcity Mindset