37 Quotes that Will Super-Charge Your Motivation

Motivation lift weights workout

Have you ever felt the sting of failure so deep that you couldn’t see past the pain to keep moving forward?

Or doubted that you could even achieve what you set out to accomplish?

We’ve all been there.

So reflect on those low moments, but don’t dwell on them or you risk putting out the spark within that drives you. And don’t give up and settle with a mediocre life, always thinking of the “What If’s“.

Separate yourself from the average by staying in the game and reaping the rewards of persistence and hard work with a never say die attitude.

Granted, it’s tough to maintain that attitude, so to help you stay inspired, checkout these 37 motivational quotes that will super-charge you to hit your life goals.

37 Motivational Quotes

1. “The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater their power to harm us.” – Voltaire

2. “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali

3. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin

4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot

5. “If you’re going through hell keep going.” – Winston Churchill

6. “Take the first step in faith, you don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

7. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather

8. “If you’re only willing to do what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you’re willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.” – T. Harv Eker

9.Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.” – Mark Twain

10. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell

11. “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brene Brown

12. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky

13. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

14. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee

15. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford

16. “Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts.” – Winston Churchill

17. “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler

18. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert Kennedy

Motivation amateur pro picture quote

19. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” – Thomas Jefferson

20. “It’s always darkest before the dawn.” – Unknown

21. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy

22. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie

23. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi

24. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill

25. “Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.”– J. Gitomer

26. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil

27. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn vos Savant

28. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins – not through strength, but through persistence.” – Buddha

29. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill

30. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett

31. “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

32. “Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” – Napoleon Hill

33. “I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey

34. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden

35. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius

36. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” – Seneca

37. “There is no education like adversity.” – Benjamin Disraeli

Which one of the above quotes motivated you the most to stay in the game? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.

1. Gopal

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I like that “attitude of gratitude”. It makes me humble and takes me away from arrogance which is a prerequisite for being in love and affection. It automatically creates laser like focus to see the good in others and love and affection becomes a natural way of living.

2. Ali Hassan Kambere

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Hi Melissa,

Thank you very much for these motivating quote, it keeps me going and helps me the change the direction of my even here in the equatorial forest of the democratic republic of Congo where I run a business…

3. Prasad Masurkar

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:56 am

What a fabulous list. Thank you!! I liked “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy

4. Ahmad Moustafa

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm

IT is never too late to be what you might have been

5. dharmanshu

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Thanks for d boost up quatos……..average man with his laser like concentration can achieve any thing….nd place on a peak is always empty…

6. manjukiran

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I am in to marketing team, it makes me to charge and deliver Best everyday……..

7. Saravjit

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I like best the quote, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” by Wayne Gretzky

8. Kanika

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:43 am

Would love to contribute one of my favourites by Antoine de Saint “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

9. Jobin Antony

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:42 am

I would like to compare this two.first one loosely gives us to quit one way and choose another if we fail once.but the second one tells you want to stay at one thing for a longer period of time., until you became successful.
    Which one should I follow..and if its my problem of misunderstanding please forgive me..

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:17 am

Really good question Jobin and there is no misunderstanding there, I think you understand it well. I think it depends on what your endeavor is. On the larger scope, if your life goal is to succeed in being an entrepreneur, then the Napoleon Hill quote applies directly because it gets to the core of what it takes to achieve your goal: patience and persistence. The quote makes you realize that if you truly want to be an entrepreneur then don’t get disappointed by setbacks just keep going. So I think the Hill quote is about the necessary character and mental strength you need to succeed. On the smaller scale, I think the Bell quote applies. For example, if the overall goal is to become an entrepreneur and ideas don’t work then try another approach to the idea. Its not that you quit being an entrepreneur, you just try another way to go about it. I hope that helps Jobin.

10. Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:11 am

Hi Jeffrey, yeah, that one always makes me self-reflect in a good way. Good one. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

• haggai

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:27 am

I really love the inspiration of it all thanks a lot

11. Archit Mallesha

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:35 pm

The Quote I Loved The Most Is: Do The Thing You Fear Most & The Death Of Fear Is Certain – Mark Twain .. Thank You Melissa For These Lovely Ones! #Motivated

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:54 am

Hi Archit! You are very welcome. Yes, that quote is really powerful.

12. James Hughes

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:53 am

I love the Muhammad Ali quote which is similar to the a Napolean Hill one. All great quotes though:-)

James Hughes

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:56 am

Hi James, thanks so much for reading. Glad you enjoyed.

13. Frith

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:00 am

What a fabulous list. Thank you!! I will save it for those rainy days. So many familiar friends. As well as some excellent ones I have never heard before. Love Wayne Gretsky (sp) “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. Brilliant.

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:59 am

Hi Frith, you are so welcome. Yep, I do the same during those rainy days. I’ll read a quote from the greats to get some clarity and get back on track. Thanks for reading.

14. Bob

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:32 am

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell – after a job transition, I’m moving in a new direction. This one resonates with me…..

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:01 am

Nice Bob. Cheers to your new direction. Thank you for reading.

15. Wayne Federation

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm

i have been in treatment for PTSD for just under 3 years now. The best thing I have learned in that time is that I HAVE PTSD not I AM PTSD. So your first quote by Voltaire works for me the most.

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:07 am

Hi Wayne, that’s a powerful self declaration that will move you forward in a positive way. Thank you for sharing. Take care and thanks for reading.

16. Marie Gervais

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I love # 25. We are our our worst obstacles. So learning to get out of our own way is key.

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:09 am

I agree wholeheartedly Marie. We create the biggest obstacles of all for ourselves. Thanks for reading.

17. Melissa Lopez

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Nice one Jamar. Yes, that one always reminds me that persistence and heart is what you need to get you what you want in life.

18. Melissa Lopez

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Nice one Jamar. Yes, that one always reminds me that persistence and heart is what it takes to get you where you want to go in life.

19. JAMAR. E DAVIS

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:17 pm

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Nice one Jamar. That quote always reminds me that persistence and heart is what you need to get you where you want to be in life.

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Nice one Jamar. That one always reminds me that persistence and heart are what you need to get you where you want to be in life.

20. Jeffrey Alan Crowe

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:38 am

• Melissa Lopez

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:18 am

Hi Jeffrey, love that one. So powerful. Thanks for reading.