Have you ever felt the sting of failure so deep that you couldn’t see past the pain to keep moving forward?
Or doubted that you could even achieve what you set out to accomplish?
We’ve all been there.
So reflect on those low moments, but don’t dwell on them or you risk putting out the spark within that drives you. And don’t give up and settle with a mediocre life, always thinking of the “What If’s“.
Separate yourself from the average by staying in the game and reaping the rewards of persistence and hard work with a never say die attitude.
Granted, it’s tough to maintain that attitude, so to help you stay inspired, checkout these 37 motivational quotes that will super-charge you to hit your life goals.
37 Motivational Quotes
1. “The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater their power to harm us.” – Voltaire
2. “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
3. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
5. “If you’re going through hell keep going.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Take the first step in faith, you don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather
8. “If you’re only willing to do what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you’re willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.” – T. Harv Eker
9. “Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.” – Mark Twain
10. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
11. “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brene Brown
12. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
13. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
14. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
15. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford
16. “Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts.” – Winston Churchill
17. “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
18. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert Kennedy
19. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” – Thomas Jefferson
20. “It’s always darkest before the dawn.” – Unknown
21. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
22. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
23. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
24. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
25. “Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.”– J. Gitomer
26. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil
27. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn vos Savant
28. “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins – not through strength, but through persistence.” – Buddha
29. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
30. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
31. “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
32. “Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” – Napoleon Hill
33. “I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
34. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
35. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
36. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” – Seneca
37. “There is no education like adversity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Which one of the above quotes motivated you the most to stay in the game? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
3 Things Snoopy and the Third Grade Taught Me About Success
15 Leadership Lessons From the World’s Top Female Founders
Ego Contributes to Your Success and Failures
The Secret Formula for Real Financial Success
Be Like Water: 3 Martial Arts Lessons for Negotiation
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Success Isn’t Luck, It’s Based on the Good Habits of Who We Become
- Life1 week ago
Practicing Self-Devotion: 3 Ways Towards a More Mindful and Compassionate You
- Life4 weeks ago
5 Steps to Go From Breakdown to Breakthrough
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
The Day I Stopped Selling and Built a Business
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
10 Common Leadership Myths and How to Overcome Them
- Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
15 Ways to Become a More Successful Entrepreneur
- Motivation3 weeks ago
What Is Dark Motivation and How Can I Use It to My Advantage?
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Self-Appreciation Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome