Abraham Lincoln is remembered as one of the greatest American presidents of all time.
Abe Lincoln fought for equality within the US and was eventually assassinated on April 15th 1865.
Abraham Lincoln’s words will echo through eternity as he was looked up to as someone who always strived to be honest as often as possible with the people.
A number of Abraham Lincoln’s quotes are hung in locker rooms and classroom halls around the world as an inspiration and reminder for all who want to strive to live a purpose filled life.
Here are our favorite 32 Inspirational Abraham Lincoln Quotes for you to remember.
Inspirational Abraham Lincoln Quotes
1. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
4. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
8. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
11. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.” – Abraham Lincoln
14. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
15. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “Every person’s happiness is their own responsibility.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “The best way to predict your future is to create it” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
19. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
20. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Abraham Lincoln
21. “You can tell the greatness of someone by what makes them angry” – Abraham Lincoln
22. “All I have learned, I learned from books.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
24. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.” – Abraham Lincoln
26. “Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
27. “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” – Abraham Lincoln
28. “I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.” – Abraham Lincoln
29. “I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln
30. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
31. “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln
32. “Life is hard but so very beautiful” – Abraham Lincoln
What are your favorite Abraham Lincoln Quotes? Leave them in the comment section below.
Feature image originally appeared on WWE | Classics
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
4 Reinvention Strategies Leaders Can Learn From Legally Blonde
What I Learned as a Young Entrepreneur and Why You Should Take Notes
A 3 Step Process to Deal With Negative Emotions as an Entrepreneur
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Crypto News4 weeks ago
Why Defi Is Hot Right Now and How Safemoon Will Dominate Crypto
- Life2 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Non-Financial Factors to Measure Success as an Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Tips for Making the Leap From Employee to Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How Are You Defining Your Success as an Entrepreneur?
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Things I’ve Learnt From Selling Private Jets to 7 Figure Coaching Programs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Brain Dump: A Powerful Method for Increasing Productivity
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Dos and Don’ts When Starting a Business With a Friend