36 Strength & Courage Quotes To Build You Up

Here is a collection of 36 Strength & Courage Quotes for a little inspiration to get you through those hard times.

Strength & Courage Quotes

“Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale

“Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” – Tony Robbins

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope” – Hal Lindsey

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

“The brave may not live forever, but the cautious dont live at all.” – Ashley L

“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown

“Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean

“True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.” – Unknown

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Chinese Proverb

“You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.” – Robin Sharma

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus

“Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen

“Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, “Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.” – Unknown

“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum LP

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee

“In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” ― Drew Barrymore

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” – Veronica Roth

“Your friends will believe in your potential; your enemies will make you live up to it.” – Tim Fargo

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”- Mahatma Gandhi

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J.K. Rowling

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius

“Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.”- Napoléon Bonaparte

“Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.”- Unknown

“A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” – Henry Kissinger

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F Kennedy

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller

We hope you enjoyed this collection of inspirational quotes. Share with us which one was your favorite and why?

I am the the Founder of Addicted2Success.com and I am so grateful you're here to be part of this awesome community. I love connecting with people who have a passion for Entrepreneurship, Self Development & Achieving Success. I started this website with the intention of educating and inspiring likeminded people to always strive for success no matter what their circumstances. I'm proud to say through my podcast and through this website we have impacted over 100 million lives in the last 6 and a half years.

1. Nick Peter

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I loved James Dean Quote. Its really inspiring. Thanks for sharing

2. Darinder

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:24 am

I Like Robin Sharma’s Quotes. Nice

3. Rashmita sachin

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I loved the quote of Winston Churchill

4. Angelica

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Great quotes, fantastic inspiration for every day!

5. ROBZEN

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:09 am

inspiring indeed

6. Paul

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:25 am

Think I might get James dean quote on me back

7. AnujRaj

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:12 am

It is very useful for my life.my is fully motivated………

8. Yellow_yron

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:45 pm

9. Rajesh

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Wow…Gr8 collection, yet again!

10. Heather

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm

can we have more?

• unnown

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:20 pm

This is my testimony went I thought it was impossible it was possible! There was a colleague at work who wad will to help me but decide to give up on me because of something I said that hurt her at this very moment my stress got worst during that time I tried ringing her to apologise and went to her office to find out what wad she so upset about and to talk it over but no respond from her and so she went to HR at the hospital where we worked to report me me I couldnt believe it I was in such shock and hurt, the following Tuesday I had an interview for a job ive been wanting for some time and dream of I just didnt want to face her or work in the hospital any more and so I went to see my manager at the time told her what hsppened and I dont want to work there any more at that time it was a Monday following day was the interview but the Lord spoke to me decided to go interview later that day got an email stating I got the job thanks to God his awesome!

• Sunki

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:43 am

Awesome testimony. Thanks for sharing

11. sori

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:04 am

really, these quotes are guidance forever human being life.
    thank you!

12. G. Barcelona

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:17 am

I will start my day with a HUGE YES TO SUCCESS!

13. Currency Michaels

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:48 am

Thank you!

14. Kiran

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Awesome information thnq

15. Motivational Speakers

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:26 am

Thanks, these quotes will fit on any fridge, desk or diary and add to anybodies day.

16. rado andrianina

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

help me to do this

• Mike Johns

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm

You do not need our help. You yourself are strong enough to do it yourself. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you too.

17. Adeel Ahmad

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:08 am

this is awsome information

18. Coye LeRocke

May 31, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I feel stronger already! Must add some of these quotes to my vision board.

19. Shiva Mahajan

May 14, 2013 at 12:12 am

thankyou very much ..i can do it.

20. fdsfsdfsd

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:35 pm

thank you.. I used these quotes just now to recharge myself 🙂

33 Quotes to Remind You of the Incredible Power of Humility

Image Credit | Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy

A humble person is rare to come across now-a-days. However, it can be challenging to even free yourself from the pit of arrogance and pride. To be humble doesn’t mean to have low self-esteem. Humble people can have great talent, yet they’re extremely self-aware of their talents, and keep everything in perspective.

When you’re humble, the results speak for themselves. When you’re humble, you’re not afraid to ask for help, praise others, and even accept compliments. If you’re truly humble, people will notice and gravitate towards you.

Below are 33 quotes to remind you of the incredible power of humility:

1. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust

2. “’Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker

3. “It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.” – Saint Augustine

4. “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.” –  Michelle Obama

5. “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” –  Henri Frederic Amiel

6. “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” – Thomas Merton

7. “Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.” – Confucius

8. “I believe the first test of a truly great man is in his humility.” – John Ruskin

9. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – Rick Warren

10. “Only a person who has passed through the gate of humility can ascend to the heights of the spirit.” – Rudolf Steiner

11. “Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” – Kobe Bryant

12. “Great leaders don’t need to act tough. Their confidence and humility serve to underscore their toughness.” – Simon Sinek

13. “If anything is good for pounding humility into you permanently, it’s the restaurant business.” –  Anthony Bourdain

14. “Where there is humility, there is more success, and lasting success.” – Patrick Lencioni

15. “We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.” – Rabindranath Tagore

16. “Let us be absolutely clear about one thing: we must not confuse humility with false modesty or servility.” – Paulo Coelho

17. “Honesty is grounded in humility and indeed in humiliation, and in admitting exactly where we are powerless.” – David Whyte

18. “Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.” – Frank Lloyd Wright

19. “The proud man can learn humility, but he will be proud of it.” – Mignon McLaughlin

20. “Whenever I’m around some who is modest, I think, ‘Run like hell and all of fire.’ You don’t want modesty, you want humility.” – Maya Angelou

21. “Have the humility to learn from those around you.” – John C. Maxwell

22. “Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.” – Charlie Sheen

23. “Humility is no substitute for a good personality.” – Fran Lebowitz

24. “Power is dangerous unless you have humility.” – Richard J. Daley

25. “Endless effort, endless humility, endless modesty.” – Rain

26. “Humility is preserved when I give credit where credit is due – to God.” – Mother Angelica

27. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.” – Yogi Berra

28. “Life is a long lesson in humility.” – James M. Barrie

29. “Humility, I have learned, must never be confused with meekness. Humility is being open to the ideas of others.” – Simon Sinek

30. “Humility is not something that comes naturally. But it is a cardinal virtue that should be pursued more than any other.” – Joyce Meyer

31. “Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.” – Steven Tyler

32. “An actor should always let humility outweigh ambition.” – Anna Kendrick

33. “Personally, I rather look forward to a computer program winning the world chess championship. Humanity needs a lesson in humility.” – Richard Dawkins

Which one of these humility quotes resonated most with you and why?

16 Powerful Barack Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You to Live a Great Life

Image Credit | CNBC.com

Barack Obama was the 44thpresident of the United States and the first African American to hold the office. After receiving his law degree, he moved to Chicago where he became active in politics and organized influential projects such as Project Vote, a drive that registered thousands of African Americans on voting rolls in Illinois. Some of his other accomplishments include being a member of the U.S Senate and having been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Below are 16 powerful Barack Obama quotes that will inspire you to live a great life:

1. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama

2. “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.” – Barack Obama

3. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama

4. “My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.” – Barack Obama

5. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama

6. “We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.” – Barack Obama

7. “We need to keep making our streets safer and our criminal justice system fairer – our homeland more secure, our world more peaceful and sustainable for the next generation.” – Barack Obama

8. “We want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games, realize that it’s not just my way or the highway.” – Barack Obama

9. “There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America – there’s the United States of America.” – Barack Obama

10. “Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama

11. “We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.” – Barack Obama

12.Progress will come in fits and starts. It’s not always a straight line. It’s not always smooth path.” – Barack Obama

13. “The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.” – Barack Obama

14. “One voice can change a room.”- Barack Obama

15. “We see the future not as something out of our control, but as something we can shape for the better through concerted and collective effort.” – Barack Obama

16. “If you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, what you look like or who you love.” – Barack Obama

Which one of Barack Obama’s quotes resonated most with you?

41 Enlightening Bob Marley Quotes

Bob Marley is an internationally respected musician, activist, and philanthropist. Hailing from Jamaica, his music has influenced both minds and revolutions around the world. Much of his wisdom can be found in the lyrics of his songs. Timeless, these words will resonate within young people for generations to come.

Here are 41 of Bob Marley’s most powerful words of wisdom:

1. “I don’t believe in death, neither in flesh nor in spirit.” – Bob Marley

2. “When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.” – Bob Marley

3. “Love the life you live. live the life you love.” – Bob Marley

“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts.” – Bob Marley

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley

“Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley

“Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality.” – Bob Marley

“Don’t complicate your mind.” – Bob Marley

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley

“Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley

“Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold…” – Bob Marley

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley

“It’s your own conscience that is gonna remind you; that it’s your heart and nobody else’s that is gonna judge.” – Bob Marley

“Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgment.” – Bob Marley

“Man is a universe within himself.” – Bob Marley

“Your life is worth much more than gold.” – Bob Marley

“Judge not, before you judge yourself.” – Bob Marley

“Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time” – Bob Marley

“You just can’t live in that negative way….. make way for the positive day.” – Bob Marley

“I no have education. I have inspiration. If I was educated I would be a damn fool.” – Bob Marley

“Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley

“Road of life is rocky and you may stumble too, so while you talk about me, someone else is judging you.” – Bob Marley

“Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley

“Don’t worry about a thing, ’cause every little thing gonna be all right.” – Bob Marley

“In this bright future you can’t forget your past.” – Bob Marley

“In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.” – Bob Marley

“One love, one heart . . . Let’s get together and feel all right” – Bob Marley

“As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.” – Bob Marley

“True friends are like stars; you can only recognize them when it’s dark around you.” – Bob Marley

“Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.” – Bob Marley

“You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley

“Love, friendship, laughter… Some of the best things in life really are free.” – Bob Marley

“The most beautiful things are not perfect, they are special” – Bob Marley

“Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”- Bob Marley

“We got to fight the system, because God never made no difference between black, white, blue, pink or green. People is people, y’know. That’s the message we try to spread.”- Bob Marley

“God create you to be free. Free up yourself, otherwise you worthless. ”- Bob Marley

“One love, one heart. Let’s get together and feel all right.”- Bob Marley

“Light up the darkness. ”- Bob Marley

“The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?”- Bob Marley

“Overcome the devils with a thing called love.””- Bob Marley

“Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.”- Bob Marley

Which quote resonated with you the most?  Comment below!

20 of Dale Carnegie’s Most Influential Quotes From “How to Win Friends and Influence People”

Image Credit | Ragan Communications

Dale Carnegie is the best-selling author of “How to Win Friends and Influence People.” He helped people truly grasp how powerful interpersonal skills and public speaking could be to one’s life.

He was born into poverty in Missouri, and worked as a salesman and actor following his college graduation. Additionally, he began teaching public speaking classes which ended up becoming extremely successful. Carnegie was able to sell advice which if applied, could help people from all ages become successful.

Below are 20 of Dale Carnegie’s most influential quotes from his book, How to Make Friends and Influence People:

1. “A person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie

2. “Every successful person loves the game. The chance to prove his worth, to excel, to win.” –Dale Carnegie

3. “Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him.” – Dale Carnegie

4. “Pay less attention to what men say. Just watch what they do.” – Dale Carnegie

5.Ask questions instead of giving orders.” – Dale Carnegie

6. “There is only one way to get the best of an argument — and that is to avoid it.” – Dale Carnegie

7. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie

8. “To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie

9. “All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward.” – Dale Carnegie

To check out more Dale Carnegie quotes, click here!

10. “It raises one above the herd and gives one a feeling of nobility and exaltation to admit one’s mistakes.” – Dale Carnegie

11. “You can’t win an argument. If you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.” – Dale Carnegie

12. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie

13. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.” – Dale Carnegie

14. “Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.” – Dale Carnegie

15. “Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.” – Dale Carnegie

16. “Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie

17. “Criticism is dangerous, because it wounds a person’s precious pride, hurt his sense of importance and arouse resentment.” – Dale Carnegie

18. “By fighting you never get enough, but by yielding you get more than you expected.” – Dale Carnegie

19. “Winning friends begins with friendliness.” – Dale Carnegie

20. “Remember a name and call it easily and you have paid a subtle and very effective compliment.” – Dale Carnegie

Which one of these Dale Carnegie quotes resonated most with you and why?

Write for A2S

Facebook

Entrepreneurs

5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Mobile App

mobile app

The current trend of mobile apps has gathered different opinions. Some business owners think that the entire concept of mobile app development is a luxury which only big enterprises can afford. The other segment of people believe that mobile apps are the easiest way to bring a significant difference to the business. (more…)

Nirav Shastri is a Sr. Digital Marketing Strategist at Space-O Technologies, Mobile App Development Company. He has 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry that inspires him to share his knowledge and experience through articles. He also spends his time reading about new technology and watches motivational videos. If you have any query relating to business mobile app development, feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn.

1. Nick Peter

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I loved James Dean Quote. Its really inspiring. Thanks for sharing

2. Darinder

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:24 am

I Like Robin Sharma’s Quotes. Nice

3. Rashmita sachin

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I loved the quote of Winston Churchill

4. Angelica

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Great quotes, fantastic inspiration for every day!

5. ROBZEN

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:09 am

inspiring indeed

6. Paul

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:25 am

Think I might get James dean quote on me back

7. AnujRaj

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:12 am

It is very useful for my life.my is fully motivated………

8. Yellow_yron

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:45 pm

9. Rajesh

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Wow…Gr8 collection, yet again!

10. Heather

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm

can we have more?

• unnown

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:20 pm

• Sunki

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:43 am

Awesome testimony. Thanks for sharing

11. sori

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:04 am

really, these quotes are guidance forever human being life.
    thank you!

12. G. Barcelona

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:17 am

I will start my day with a HUGE YES TO SUCCESS!

13. Currency Michaels

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm

17. Adeel Ahmad

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:08 am

this is awsome information

18. Coye LeRocke

May 31, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I feel stronger already! Must add some of these quotes to my vision board.

19. Shiva Mahajan

May 14, 2013 at 12:12 am

thankyou very much ..i can do it.

20. fdsfsdfsd

23. “Humility is no substitute for a good personality.” – Fran Lebowitz

24. “Power is dangerous unless you have humility.” – Richard J. Daley

25. “Endless effort, endless humility, endless modesty.” – Rain

27. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.” – Yogi Berra

28. “Life is a long lesson in humility.” – James M. Barrie

32. “An actor should always let humility outweigh ambition.” – Anna Kendrick

Which one of these humility quotes resonated most with you and why?

16 Powerful Barack Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You to Live a Great Life

Image Credit | CNBC.com

2. “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.” – Barack Obama

10. “Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.” – Barack Obama

14. “One voice can change a room.”- Barack Obama

Which one of Barack Obama’s quotes resonated most with you?

41 Enlightening Bob Marley Quotes

“One love, one heart . . . Let’s get together and feel all right” – Bob Marley

“The most beautiful things are not perfect, they are special” – Bob Marley

“One love, one heart. Let’s get together and feel all right.”- Bob Marley

“Light up the darkness. ”- Bob Marley

“Overcome the devils with a thing called love.””- Bob Marley

“Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.”- Bob Marley

Which quote resonated with you the most?  Comment below!

Image Credit | Ragan Communications

5.Ask questions instead of giving orders.” – Dale Carnegie

8. “To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie

To check out more Dale Carnegie quotes, click here!

19. “Winning friends begins with friendliness.” – Dale Carnegie

Which one of these Dale Carnegie quotes resonated most with you and why?