36 Strength & Courage Quotes To Build You Up

Here is a collection of 36 Strength & Courage Quotes for a little inspiration to get you through those hard times.

Strength & Courage Quotes

“Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale

“Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” – Tony Robbins

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope” – Hal Lindsey

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

“The brave may not live forever, but the cautious dont live at all.” – Ashley L

“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown

“Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean

“True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.” – Unknown

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Chinese Proverb

“You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.” – Robin Sharma

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus

“Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen

“Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, “Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.” – Unknown

“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum LP

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee

“In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” ― Drew Barrymore

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” – Veronica Roth

“Your friends will believe in your potential; your enemies will make you live up to it.” – Tim Fargo

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”- Mahatma Gandhi

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J.K. Rowling

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius

“Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.”- Napoléon Bonaparte

“Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.”- Unknown

“A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” – Henry Kissinger

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F Kennedy

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller

We hope you enjoyed this collection of inspirational quotes. Share with us which one was your favorite and why?

I am the the Founder of Addicted2Success.com and I am so grateful you're here to be part of this awesome community. I love connecting with people who have a passion for Entrepreneurship, Self Development & Achieving Success. I started this website with the intention of educating and inspiring likeminded people to always strive for success no matter what their circumstances.I'm proud to say through my podcast and through this website we have impacted over 100 million lives in the last 6 and a half years.

1. Nick Peter

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I loved James Dean Quote. Its really inspiring. Thanks for sharing

2. Darinder

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:24 am

I Like Robin Sharma’s Quotes. Nice

3. Rashmita sachin

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I loved the quote of Winston Churchill

4. Angelica

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Great quotes, fantastic inspiration for every day!

5. ROBZEN

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:09 am

inspiring indeed

6. Paul

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:25 am

Think I might get James dean quote on me back

7. AnujRaj

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:12 am

It is very useful for my life.my is fully motivated………

8. Yellow_yron

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:45 pm

9. Rajesh

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Wow…Gr8 collection, yet again!

10. Heather

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm

can we have more?

• unnown

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:20 pm

This is my testimony went I thought it was impossible it was possible! There was a colleague at work who wad will to help me but decide to give up on me because of something I said that hurt her at this very moment my stress got worst during that time I tried ringing her to apologise and went to her office to find out what wad she so upset about and to talk it over but no respond from her and so she went to HR at the hospital where we worked to report me me I couldnt believe it I was in such shock and hurt, the following Tuesday I had an interview for a job ive been wanting for some time and dream of I just didnt want to face her or work in the hospital any more and so I went to see my manager at the time told her what hsppened and I dont want to work there any more at that time it was a Monday following day was the interview but the Lord spoke to me decided to go interview later that day got an email stating I got the job thanks to God his awesome!

• Sunki

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:43 am

Awesome testimony. Thanks for sharing

11. sori

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:04 am

really, these quotes are guidance forever human being life.
    thank you!

12. G. Barcelona

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:17 am

I will start my day with a HUGE YES TO SUCCESS!

13. Currency Michaels

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:48 am

Thank you!

14. Kiran

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Awesome information thnq

15. Motivational Speakers

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:26 am

Thanks, these quotes will fit on any fridge, desk or diary and add to anybodies day.

16. rado andrianina

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

help me to do this

• Mike Johns

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:18 pm

You do not need our help. You yourself are strong enough to do it yourself. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you too.

17. Adeel Ahmad

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:08 am

this is awsome information

18. Coye LeRocke

May 31, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I feel stronger already! Must add some of these quotes to my vision board.

19. Shiva Mahajan

May 14, 2013 at 12:12 am

thankyou very much ..i can do it.

20. fdsfsdfsd

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:35 pm

thank you.. I used these quotes just now to recharge myself 🙂

30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up

Michelle obama quotes
Image Credit: Crown Publishing

Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.

She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.

Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:

1. “When they go low, we go high.”

2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”

3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”

4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”

5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”

6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”

7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”

8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”

9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”

10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”

11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”

12.Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”

13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”

14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”

15. “Choose people who lift you up.”

16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”

17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”

18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”

19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”

20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”

21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”

22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”

23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”

24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”

25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”

26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”

27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”

28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”

29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”

30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”

What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!

90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!

Today we have 90 of the Beefiest Success & Motivation Quotes you should have tattooed on your body. (more…)

42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

35 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)

31 Highly Successful Women Share Their Most Powerful Quotes

Quotes by Powerful and Successful Women Female Success quotes

Here is a nice collection of some of the worlds most powerful quotes by successful women. (more…)