Richard Branson is an English businessman and investor. He is best known as the founder of Virgin Group. With a net worth of over $4.9 Billion and having more than 400 companies, he is one of the most highly respected CEOs in the world.
Here are 92 Richard Branson quotes:
1. “Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.” – Richard Branson
2. “Building a business is not rocket science, it’s about having a great idea and seeing it through with integrity.” – Richard Branson
3. “Screw it. Let’s do it.” – Richard Branson
4. “Learn from failure. If you are an entrepreneur and your first venture wasn’t a success, welcome to the club!” – Richard Branson
5. “My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will feel.” – Richard Branson
6. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
7. “My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will feel.” – Richard Branson
8. “Happiness is the secret ingredient for successful businesses. If you have a happy company it will be invincible.” – Richard Branson
9. “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.” – Richard Branson
10. “Whatever business you are in, every company can shoot for the start in their own way.” –Richard Branson
11. “Cover the downside.” – Richard Branson
12. “When you’re first thinking through an idea, it’s important not to get bogged down in complexity. Thinking simply and clearly, is hard to do.” – Richard Branson
13. “If you don’t have time for the small things, you won’t have time for the big things.” – Richard Branson
14. “Communication: the thing humans forgot when we invented words.” – Richard Branson
15. “Listen. Take the best. Leave the rest.” – Richard Branson
16. “If you don’t succeed at first, there’s no need for the F word (Failure). Pick yourself up and try, try again.” – Richard Branson
17. “Your company should act as a springboard for ambitious employees, not a set of shackles.” –Richard Branson
18. “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.” – Richard Branson
19. “If you spot an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got.” – Richard Branson
20th Richard Branson Quote –“Don’t become a slave to technology – manage your phone, don’t let it manage you.” – Richard Branson
21. “Engage your emotions at work. Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.” – Richard Branson
22. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
23. “You’ve got to take risks if you’re going to succeed. I would much rather ask forgiveness than permission.” – Richard Branson
24. “If you’re hurt, lick your wound and get up again. If you’ve given it your absolute best, it’s time to move forward.” – Richard Branson
25. “Take a chance. It’s the best way to test yourself. Have fun and push boundaries.” – Richard Branson
26. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” –Richard Branson
27. “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.” – Richard Branson
28. “Remember it’s OK to be yourself.” – Richard Branson
29. “Please be polite. Nothing in life should erode the habit of saying thank you to people or praising them.” – Richard Branson
30. “Chance favors the prepared mind. The more you practice, luckier you become.” – Richard Branson
31. “Life is a hell of a lot more fun if you say yes rather than no.” – Richard Branson
32. “Education doesn’t just take place in stuffy classrooms and university buildings, it can happen everywhere, every day to every person.” – Richard Branson
33. “The best way of learning about anything is by doing.” – Richard Branson
34. “Once a changemaker, always a changemaker but only a few swim against the tide.” – Richard Branson
35. “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.” –Richard Branson
36. “If you want swashbuckling action in your life, become an entrepreneur and give it a go.” –Richard Branson
37. “Life is a series of ups and clowns. Make it worth your wild!” – Richard Branson
38. “You can’t do a good business with a bad person. Find the right people to work with and you can’t go wrong.” – Richard Branson
39. “Don’t think what’s the cheapest way to do it or what’s the fastest way to do it…think ‘what’s the most amazing way to do it’.” – Richard Branson
40th Richard Branson Quote – “The best advice I could give anyone is to spend your time working on whatever you are passionate about in life.” – Richard Branson
41. “For a successful entrepreneur it can mean extreme wealth. But with extreme wealth comes extreme responsibility. And the responsibility for me is to invest in creating new businesses, create jobs, employ people, and to put money aside to tackle issues where we can make a difference.” – Richard Branson
42. “The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world.” – Richard Branson
43. “I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator.” – Richard Branson
44. “I was dyslexic, I had no understanding of schoolwork whatsoever. I certainly would have failed IQ tests. And it was one of the reasons I left school when I was 15 years old. And if I’m not interested in something, I don’t grasp it.” – Richard Branson
45. “The music industry is a strange combination of having real and intangible assets: pop bands are brand names in themselves, and at a given stage in their careers their name alone can practically guarantee hit records.” – Richard Branson
46. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” – Richard Branson
47. “Right now I’m just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath.” – Richard Branson
48. “I think it’s quite great to set yourself a big challenge, and then you’ve got another reason for keeping fit.” – Richard Branson
49. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ‘Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.” – Richard Branson
50. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
51 .” I wanted to be an editor or a journalist, I wasn’t really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going.” – Richard Branson
52. “If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline.” – Richard Branson
53. “So I’ve seen life as one long learning process. And if I see – you know, if I fly on somebody else’s airline and find the experience is not a pleasant one, which it wasn’t in – 21 years ago, then I’d think, well, you know, maybe I can create the kind of airline that I’d like to fly on.” – Richard Branson
54. “Well, the odds must be against anybody being able to fly around the world in a balloon on the first attempt. All of us who are attempting to go around the world in balloons are effectively flying in experimental craft because these craft cannot be tested.” – Richard Branson
55. “And you know, I’ve had great fun turning quite a lot of different industries on their head and making sure those industries will never be the same again, because Virgin went in and took them on.” – Richard Branson
56. “Through the right people focusing on the right things, we can, in time, get on top of a lot if not most of the problems of this world. And that’s what a number of us are trying to do.” – Richard Branson
57. “Nobody’s ever called me Sir Richard. Occasionally in America, I hear people saying Sir Richard and think there’s some Shakespearean play taking place. But nowhere else anyway.” – Richard Branson
58. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
59. “One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.” – Richard Branson
60. “Well, I think that there’s a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you’re likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line.” – Richard Branson
60th Richard Branson Quote – “Fortunately we’re not a public company – we’re a private group of companies, and I can do what I want.” – Richard Branson
62. “Ridiculous yachts and private planes and big limousines won’t make people enjoy life more, and it sends out terrible messages to the people who work for them. It would be so much better if that money was spent in Africa – and it’s about getting a balance.” – Richard Branson
63. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson
64. “You never know with these things when you’re trying something new what can happen. This is all experimental.” – Richard Branson
65. “There’s nothing like the endorphins from being fit, and the incredible endorphin rush that goes with that.” – Richard Branson
66. “Like getting into a bleeding competition with a blood bank.” – Richard Branson
67. “I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer.” – Richard Branson
68. “My philosophy is that if I have any money I invest it in new ventures and not have it sitting around.” – Richard Branson
69. “The funny thing is people won’t let me pay for things. I’ll be in a restaurant and the manager will say, ‘Oh no, it’s on the house.” – Richard Branson
70. “I cannot remember a moment in my life when I have not felt the love of my family. We were a family that would have killed for each other – and we still are.” – Richard Branson
71. “With the casino and the beds, our passengers will have at least two ways to get lucky on one of our flights.”– Richard Branson
72. “My mother was determined to make us independent. When I was four years old, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields. I got hopelessly lost.” –Richard Branson
73. “And obviously, from our own personal point of view, the principal challenge is a personal challenge.” – Richard Branson
74. “I’ve been very lucky. I come from a very close family.” – Richard Branson
75. “I’m a lad of the ’60s. I started a magazine to try and end the Vietnam war, but it was a number of years before I had the profile, the financial resources and the time to do more.” – Richard Branson
76. “We, we – as I say, we go in and shake up other industries and I think, you know, we do it differently and I think that industries are not quite the same as a result of Virgin attacking the market.” – Richard Branson
77. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Richard Branson
78. “Whatever your goal is you will never succeed unless you let go of your fears and fly.” – Richard Branson
79. “I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers, and that people flourish when they are praised.” –Richard Branson
80. “Hard-won things are more valuable than those that come too easily.” – Richard Branson
81. “To be successful you have to be out there, you have to hit the ground running.” – Richard Branson
82. “How slim the line is between genius and insanity and between determination and stubbornness.” – Richard Branson
83. “I view life as one big adventure. I’m always learning, and finding new things to try and challenges to overcome.” – Richard Branson
84. “My normal approach to life is to say screw it, let’s do it.” – Richard Branson
85. “Regretting not doing something is worse than regretting doing something. It means I can sleep with a clear conscience. We all have to fight for our values and protect the things that matter to us, but also appreciate the joys life brings.” – Richard Branson
86. “In the end, I’ve realized that legacy is not important except to your children and family and friends. When I am on my deathbed, I just want to feel as if I have loved and been loved, done some good in the world, and made a difference here and there.” – Richard Branson
87. “Business and awards don’t mean that much. There is nothing more important than the health of you and your loved ones. Life is certainly too short not to appreciate people who have been significant in it.”- Richard Branson
88. “It’s very important to take risks in life and business, but they need to be calculated — there is no point risking your neck for something with little chance of success.”- Richard Branson
89. “Investors buy into people and ideas, not numbers alone.”-Richard Branson
90. “Any manager who punishes their staff for expressing an opinion hasn’t got the faintest idea about leadership. People in charge should empower their employees, not scare them into silence.”- Richard Branson
91. “I take notes in every meeting, to keep the frame of mind to learn. I edit as I go along, and follow up with dates and tasks in order of importance. I couldn’t have written two autobiographies without them.”-Richard Branson
92. “I will continue questioning, questioning, questioning. I will never completely get to the truth, but I want my life to be one long strive to get there.”- Richard Branson
What’s your favorite Richard Branson Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below!
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
3 Simple Tips to Strengthen Your Emotional Intelligence for Better Relationships
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
3 Time-Effective Strategies That Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey Uses to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
5 Ways to Magnetize Your Audience
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Mindset Reframes Business Owners Can Use in 5 Minutes or Less for Greater Success
- Motivation4 weeks ago
The Guide to Staying Motivated While Working Alone
- Startups4 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
3 Impactful Ways to Building a Successful Business in Your First Year as an Entrepreneur
- Life2 weeks ago
3 Inspiring Lessons We Can Learn From Jim Carrey About the Law of Attraction
- Quotes2 weeks ago
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How an Entrepreneur Can Create a Truly Balanced Life