Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure.
Here are some of Joe Rogan’s best quotes:
1. “I love a success story, but even more than a success story; I like a dude who fucks his life up and gets his life together again story.” – Joe Rogan
2. “That’s my only goal. Surround myself with funny people, and make sure everyone has a good time and works hard.” – Joe Rogan
3. “Reality really is a theatre. There’s no other way to describe it. It’s all so nonsensical, ridiculous and chaotic.” – Joe Rogan
4. “Someone else’s success does not equal a failure for you.” – Joe Rogan
5. “The universe rewards calculated risk and passion.” – Joe Rogan
6. “If you can control what you eat, you can control all other aspects of your life.” – Joe Rogan
7. “Here’s the craziest thing about life, this is the thing that nobody really considers; you know as much about what life is all about as anybody who’s ever lived, ever. That’s the craziest thing about us. We’re all just kinda wandering through this going “‘You know what you’re doing?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Oh, I do too. I know what I’m doing.’ ‘Okay. Good, then.’” But really no one has a clue.” – Joe Rogan
8. “Work for that feeling that you have accomplished something…Don’t waste your time on this earth without making a mark.” – Joe Rogan
9. “If you are the greatest, why would you go around talking about it?” – Joe Rogan
10. “When someone comes along and expresses him or herself as freely as they think, people flock to it. They enjoy it.” – Joe Rogan
11. “There’s a direct correlation between positive energy and positive results in the physical form.” – Joe Rogan
12. “So instead of investing your time in a passion, you’ve sold your life to work for an uncaring machine that doesn’t understand you. That’s the problem with our society. And what’s the reward? Go home and get a big TV.” – Joe Rogan
13. “Once you understand what excellence is all about…you see how excellence manifests itself in any discipline.” – Joe Rogan
14. “There’s only one way to get good at anything; you surround yourself with the bad motherfuckers who are doing exactly you do and you forced yourself to keep up and inspire each other.” – Joe Rogan
15. “Life is strange. You keep moving and keep moving. Before you know it, you look back and thing, ‘What was that?’” – Joe Rogan
16. “If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.” – Joe Rogan
17. “Be cool to people. Be nice to as many people as you can. Smile to as many people as you can, and have them smile back at you.” – Joe Rogan
18. “I realized a long time ago that instead of being jealous you can be inspired and appreciative. It carries more energy to you. That can be an awesome and motivating force that can improve your life if you choose to be inspired and not jealous. One has no benefit whatsoever, the other is an incredible resource for creating momentum and improvement.” – Joe Rogan
19. “To really appreciate life you got to know you’re going to die.” – Joe Rogan
20. “Live your life like you’re the hero in your own movie.” – Joe Rogan
21. “People want their 15 minutes and are willing to do anything to get it.” – Joe Rogan
22. “I had a sense of who I was before I got famous.” – Joe Rogan
23. “I think that one of the reasons why people look towards the end of humanity is that people are afraid to die alone. If you die alone, the people you love will miss you, or if they die, you miss them – the sorrow is inevitable. When you truly love someone, the thought of losing them forever is horrible.” – Joe Rogan
24. “One of the most fascinating lessons I’ve absorbed about life is that the struggle is good.” – Joe Rogan
25. “The time you spend hating on someone robs you of your own time. You are literally hating on yourself and you don’t even realize it.” – Joe Rogan
26. “The key to happiness doesn’t lay in numbers in a bank account but in the way we make others feel and the way they make us feel.” – Joe Rogan
27. “I’m obsessed to extreme winners because I think there’s a madness to it. I truly believe that in order to truly be great at something you have to give into a certain amount of madness.” – Joe Rogan
28. “There’s a never-ending ocean of techniques out there.” – Joe Rogan
29. “The quicker we all realize that we’ve been taught how to live life by the people that were operating on the momentum of an ignorant past the quicker we can move to a global ethic of community that doesn’t value invented borders or the monopolization of natural resources, but rather the goal of a happier more loving humanity.” – Joe Rogan
30. “People for the most part can smell lies.” – Joe Rogan
31. “Life is about the pursuit of excellence. That pursuit is probably more exciting to me now more than ever.” – Joe Rogan
32. “We define ourselves far too often by our past failures. That’s not you. You are this person right now. You’re the person who has learned from those failures. Build confidence and momentum with each good decision you make from here on out and choose to be inspired.” – Joe Rogan
33. “Greatness and madness are next door neighbors and they often borrow each other’s sugar.” – Joe Rogan
34. “Haters are all failures. It’s 100% across the board. No one who is truly brilliant at anything is a hater.” – Joe Rogan
35. “In all my travelings, all my life adventures; I have to say I still don’t know what life is, absolutely no clue, and it is a subject that is constantly on my mind. One thing I do know for a fact is that the nicer we are to our fellow human beings, the nicer the universe is to us.” – Joe Rogan
36. “Kindness is one of the best gifts you can bestow…We know that inherently that feels great.” – Joe Rogan
37. “Excellence in anything increases your potential in everything.” – Joe Rogan
38. “You can’t measure what’s inside a man’s heart.” – Joe Rogan
39. “I truly believe that in order to truly be great at something you have to give into a certain amount of madness.” – Joe Rogan
40. “It’s very important to help people figure out how to manage life, to help people figure out how to think, help inspire them, help show them what can be gained from setting goals and achieving them and that excellent feeling – and that becomes contagious.” – Joe Rogan
41. “Write down things you want to improve. Write down things you won’t tolerate from yourself. Write down things you never want to see yourself do again.” – Joe Rogan
42. “Live your life like there is a documentary crew following you around and you are analysing your own behavior.” – Joe Rogan
43. “One thing I do know for a fact is that the nicer we are to our fellow human beings, the nicer the universe is to us.” – Joe Rogan
44. “The people I know that have the hardest time keeping it together emotionally are people that don’t work out.” – Joe Rogan
45. “Treat everyone as if they were you. If we really are one, then I am you and you are me.” – Joe Rogan
46. “It’s very possible that everybody is exactly the same at the core.” – Joe Rogan
47. “100% of all haters in the world are unrealised potential.” – Joe Rogan
48. “Pretend that your life was a movie and it started now, what would the hero do? What would the person that you respect do? What would the person that you admire, and inspires you do? Do that.” – Joe Rogan
49. “If things aren’t going the way you want them to go, then do something about it. Quit talking about your problems and go out and do something to fix them.” – Joe Rogan
50. “All the time that you spend complaining, you could instead be hustling. You could be chasing your dream. You could be figuring out what you’re doing wrong and improving your life.” – Joe Rogan
51. “Your attitude has a giant effect not just on your life, but on other peoples lives around you.” – Joe Rogan
52. “Get better at whatever you’re doing. So what if you suck at it now. Everybody sucks at everything when they start. But if you love it, and don’t lie to yourself, then get better at it.” – Joe Rogan
53. “Do things that are difficult. It’s very important to struggle. You don’t get to know yourself without struggle. You don’t know who you are until you get tested.” – Joe Rogan
54. “Faith itself is a horrible mechanism that stunts the growth of ideas. It also stunts the act of questioning, and it does this by pushing the idea that you have to have faith – and that nothing has to be proven.” – Joe Rogan
19 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Inspire You To Become Your Best Self
Tom Bilyeu is the co-founder of billion-dollar brand Quest Nutrition and the co-founder and host of Impact Theory. With the goal to help people unlock their potential, and actualize their dreams, Tom speaks to the greatest minds of today and spreads their knowledge throughout the world. Through his content and public speaking, he inspires his audience to become the best versions of themselves. (more…)
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
How to Protect Yourself From Other People’s Negativity
19 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Inspire You To Become Your Best Self
A Salesman’s Guide On What To Do When Your Prospect Misses Your Call
How to Write a Personal Destiny Statement in 3 Steps
How a Nighttime Routine Can Make You More Successful
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life1 week ago
Don’t Want To Feel Like A Failure Anymore? Stop Doing These 6 Things
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
7 Steps to Conquering the Fears That Are Holding You Back From Success
- Entrepreneurs6 days ago
4 Lessons You Can Learn From the Founder of Walmart, Sam Walton
- Entrepreneurs7 days ago
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
If You’re Looking for Success, Here Are 5 Ways to Find It
- Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
Tai Lopez’s 6 Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety as an Entrepreneur
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The 5 Most Popular Daily Habits of Ultra Successful People
- Life4 weeks ago
3 Ways to Bounce Back When Life Pushes You Hard