Every moment in our life is an experience. We can either choose to learn something from them or let them pass us by.
Over the past year I have made a conscious effort to:
- Stay curious
- See the good
Experiences help us develop a better perspective on life and I believe it is our perspective that determines our future success.
When seeing the good and staying curious, it will challenge us to learn from each experience. We will grow in ways we never thought possible. Adopting this mentality while working on building two companies has enhanced my perspective.
Below are the life lessons I have learned thus far:
37 Lessons Learned In Life
1. Life is NOT a marathon; it is a series of sprints.
2. You rarely have regrets when you have the courage to fail.
3. Focus on being productive, not busy.
4. Once you find your dream, risk everything to make it come true.
5. Your state of mind is the most important factor in the outcome of your life.
6. Those whose names are worth remembering never lived a life of ease.
7. You can take what life gives you or you can take what you want from life. Your choice.
8. It’s easy to get motivated but hard to stay disciplined.
9. Worrying never changes the outcome.
10. Most people quit because they look how far they have to go, not how far they have come.
11. If you don’t help yourself, you can’t help anyone else.
12. Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are.
13. Beliefs give direction to your life. Stand for something.
14. Find the good in others and you will find the good in yourself.
15. In order to have faith in your path, you do not need to prove that someone else’s path is wrong.
16. All change, even change for the better, will be accompanied by discomfort and hesitancy. Yet when you have an unrelenting belief in your mission, you charge ahead knowing everything will work out for the best.
17. If you’re going to do something, do something that matters.
18. You only have so much energy so stop wasting it by worrying about what others do or say. Keep doing what energizes you the most.
19. Your best friends should bring out the best in you.
20. Stop wishing to be something you are not. Instead recognize that you are unique and there is no one else in the world like you.
21. Everyone faces obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.
22. Don’t sit around and wait for someone else to make the change you want to see.
23. If you want something bad enough, you will make the time for it regardless of how busy you may be.
24. Jealousy comes from counting others blessings instead of your own.
25. You are either going to go through the pain of disappointment or discipline in your life. The latter makes the pain worth it.
26. If you don’t start building your dream you will be hired by someone else to build theirs.
27. No one is fearless. The difference between achievers and everyone else is that they take action despite their fears.
28. Be that friend and leader that everyone aspires to be like.
29. There will never be a perfect time so start today.
30. If what you do doesn’t make others better at what they do then you are not living up to your potential.
31. Everyone has what it takes. However most are not willing to give everything it takes to live out their dreams.
32. When you help someone accomplish something they never thought possible, it creates a ripple effect that positively influences the lives of many more.
33. If you treat others well and give each day your best, things start to work in your favor.
34. Trust actions not words.
35. The only moment that matters is the one that is happening right now.
36. Those who say it’s not about being the best know they will never be the best.
37. Want to know your past? Look into your present conditions. Want to know your future? Look into your present actions.
Featured Image: GANT Rugger Team Americano Ad Campaign
Here’s When Self Improvement Becomes Ineffective
I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on self-help books and seminars over the past three years. I’ve devoted thousands of hours reading blogs and listening to podcasts about personal growth and self-improvement with the goal of finding the answers that would “fix” me. After my divorce I became addicted to the idea that the answer to my happiness and healing was in a book, podcast or a blog. I kept waiting to read or hear that magic “Ah Ha” tip that would change my life forever. (more…)
Your Life Has a Meaning: Here’s How to Find Out What It Is
Knowing the purpose of one’s existence in the world is a lingering thought for everyone. Some people may interpret it as a quest, as they try out new adventures and learn new skills. Meanwhile, others may view it as a mystery that slowly reveals itself as they spend their time on Earth. They say that their complete realization of their purpose would not come in this life but the next. (more…)
10 Life Lessons I Learned in 2020 and What to Expect Next
The year 2020 has been full of ups and downs. And it is something that this generation has never been through before. And like most people, I put a lot of effort into planning, organizing, and setting goals for everything I wanted to achieve. The beginning of the year 2020 was great until the pandemic hit, everything changed. (more…)
10 Remarkable Lessons From an Unconventional School Teacher
Here’s When Self Improvement Becomes Ineffective
7 Ways to Face Adversity Using the Power of Extreme Ownership
Why Your Confidence Needs to Match Your Competence
5 Things You Can Learn From The 5am Club by Robin Sharma
Prepare Yourself for Prosperity With These 6 Success Habits
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
7 Days to Success: a Weekly Ritual to Become a Successful Entrepreneur
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Stop Apologizing for Pursuing a Successful Life
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Write Down Your Goals
- Life3 weeks ago
How to Discover the Fears That Impede Your Behaviors and Thwart Your Plans
- Life2 weeks ago
3 of the Most Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Sports
- Life3 weeks ago
How to Crush Fear, Beat Imposter Syndrome, and Create a Fulfilled Life
- Motivation2 weeks ago
How to Use the 3 Sins of Motivation to Achieve Your Goals
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Entrepreneurs: Here’s the Best Method to Help You Get Your Money Right