Setting goals and achieving them is the key to accomplish all that you want in life. If you ask any successful person you know, they would say that they owe a lot of their success to this one simple and powerful process of defining and achieving goals.
Honestly, most people do not have a very strong answer to “What are your goals?”. They would say anything that sounds pretty good or catchy to impress people around them. It’s quite intriguing to see, how with time, the goals seem to fade away.
I believe that there are no secrets to success. There are systems to success. The reason why most people do not accomplish the goals which they set out to achieve is because of the system they were exposed to. The first point you get to hear when you start setting or reading or discussing your goals is that the goals should be SMART goals. (SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Based.) Without any doubt SMART goals will set-up a baseline. However, with constantly changing times, goal setting is much beyond just being SMART.
Here is how I personally define SMART, this might sound very unconventional:
It is impossible for you to know what you are capable of, unless you allow yourself to reach for the things which you think are way beyond your reach. Most of us under-estimate the unimaginable potential we hold and settle for something less. Most goals we set are way within our comfort zone and within our reach. They are known to us and well within our control.
When you set goals that will make you stretch beyond what you think you are capable of reaching, you discover a new realm of possibility, which you had never imagined for yourself. That’s where the true treasure of your potential lies.
Next time, when you set goals, do ensure that they stretch you farther than you could’ve ever imagined. Remember you are only confined by the walls you build.
“What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” – Wayne Dyer
The likelihood of someone sticking to a goal is largely determined by the way the goals are defined. If the goals motivate you, you will certainly be willing to make that extra effort. Appreciate your goals and set high standard goals for yourself. The key is to set goals which are in alignment with your vision of yourself.
Write and share them with as much positive energy as you can. You must avoid the goals which sound impressive to others and that fail to appreciate your true self.
The reason most people fail to achieve their goals is not because of their inability to set goals but their inability to take that massive action required.
Goals without actions are just Dreams. You accomplish your goals when you define a massive action plan and not merely by speaking about them. Your actions are the true measure of who you are, what you stand for and what you believe in.
Believe in your goals and bond them well with a necessary action plan.
Reflect & Reward
As quoted earlier, with changing times it’s essential that we reflect on our goals and monitor what is working and what is not. We are more likely to move towards goals that bring us a clear sense of reward along the journey, as well as in reaching the destination.
While reflecting upon your goal, the purpose is to determine the next plan of action and also to know if there are any necessary corrections required in the flow of actions.
It’s imperative that you set aside a weekly “reflect and reward” cycle to monitor your progress in order to achieve your defined goals.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
Check whether the goals you set are transforming you to a better person. The goals you set, ultimately defines how you look at your life and the outcome you produce is a reflection of our inner being. Each goal you set, must transform you into a better human being. After you accomplish each of your goals, you must come out as a stronger, wiser and an evolved human being.
Most people exert all their time and energy only on setting SMART goals the old way and are left with very little or no energy in achieving them. In my passion of studying success, I learnt how successful people deliver top class outcome and remain unshaken in demanding times. A close look reveals that the key distinctive factor is in their ability to not just constantly set SMART goals the old way but fuel their energy by redefining their goals in the new SMART way. This empowers them and allows them to follow through until they achieve what they had set out to achieve.
Thank you for reading my article! What is your goal setting process like?
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
Some people seem to naturally know how to effectively communicate in a group setting. They can express themselves clearly and listen attentively without dominating the conversation.
Being a powerful communicator is important for several reasons, including building and maintaining relationships, achieving goals, resolving conflicts, improving productivity, leading and influencing others, advancing in your career, expressing yourself more confidently and authentically, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Effective communication is an essential life skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life.
1. Listen actively: Practice active listening by giving your full attention to the speaker and responding to what they are saying.
2. Use “I” statements: Speak from your own perspective and avoid placing blame or making accusations.
3. Avoid assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about what the other person is thinking or feeling.
4. Be clear: Express your thoughts and feelings clearly and concisely by getting to the point and avoid using jargon or overly complex language.
5. Show empathy: Show that you understand and care about the other person’s feelings.
6. Offer valuable insights: When speaking in a group, provide a valuable takeaway or actionable item that people can walk away with.
7. Be an active listener: Listen attentively and respond accordingly, incorporating your points into the conversation.
8. Choose the right time: Pick the most opportune time to speak to ensure that you have the group’s attention and can deliver your message without interruption.
9. Be the unifying voice: Step in and unify the group’s thoughts to calm down the discussion and insert your point effectively.
10. Keep responses concise: Keep responses short and to the point to show respect for others’ time.
11. Avoid unnecessary comments: Avoid commenting on everything and only speak when you have something important to say.
12. Cut the fluff: Avoid being long-winded and get straight to the point.
13. Prepare ahead of time: Sort out your points and practice them before speaking in a group.
14. Smile and be positive: Smile and nod along as others speak, to build a positive relationship and be respected when it’s your turn to speak.
15. Take responsibility: Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
16. Ask questions: Ask questions to clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.
17. Avoid interrupting: Allow the other person to finish speaking without interruption.
18. Practice active listening: Repeat what the other person said to ensure you have understood correctly.
19. Use your body language too: Use nonverbal cues such as eye contact, facial expressions, and body language to convey your message and build rapport.
20. Be aware of the tone of your voice: it should be calm and assertive, not aggressive or passive.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can improve your communication skills and become a more powerful communicator, which can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a more fulfilling life.
I you want to learn how to become more confident in life then you can join my weekly mentorship calls and 40+ online workshops at AweBliss.com so you can master your life with more success.
Dead Men Tell No Tales: How to Navigate a Mutiny as a Leader in 10 Steps
You’re the manager. You’re the supervisor. You’re the leader. But maybe your people don’t see it that way
How to Think Like a CEO for Your Future Success
A blueprint for CEOs to draw a disciplined strategy
Strategic thinking helps CEOs build successful businesses. It helps them establish everlasting enterprises. It is one of the key elements of decision-making. It is different from strategic leadership. It differentiates between leaders from managers. (more…)
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds on positive aspects and constructive activities. Sometimes we waste our precious time mentally and physically due to distractions arising out of technology. We must understand our priorities and learn how to focus on them religiously. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How You Can Start Networking in Style in 2023
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness