Before you can manipulate your mind for success, you need to understand in simple terms how your mind works.
First of all, your mind has a memory. Whether good or bad, your subconscious mind remembers patterns. One-offs it can forget, but something you do every day, it won’t forget.
This very truth can fuel your success or bring your life to a grinding halt of disappointment. The choice is yours amigo!
Patterns are the beginning of a habit. Once you run a certain pattern for 30-days or more, you’re stuck with it – and it becomes a habit. Breaking a habit requires extra mental energy and it’s not easy. Again, this can be good or bad as we’re about to see.
“Starting from small, it becomes big” – Mo Seetubtim
This quote is the second fundamental thing you must understand about your mind before you can manipulate it for success. Small things you do become much bigger later on.
Here’s a list of small activities that lead to bad habits:
– Having some chocolate every day leads to sugar cravings. This leads to sugar addiction which leads to weight gain. That’s one of the main ways people become fat pigs with stomachs hanging out over their pants, and no energy to walk up the stairs.
– Putting through the wrong fresh vegetable on the self-service checkout so you can save money. It seems harmless at the start until you get caught. Eventually, if you keep doing it, you become a thief. Thieves get caught and end up in jail.
– Taking credit for another person’s work in your career seems innocent enough. That’s until you’ve done it so much that you become delusional enough to think you have skills and experience that you don’t really have. This will lead you to seriously mess up a business you’re involved with because you lied in the first instance to get there. Liars and people that cause chaos in business are remembered for all the wrong things. Faking your experience and skills eventually makes you a liar.
These three situations above cause negative things to happen to you.
The same is also true for good habits. Here’s a list of those:
- Going to the gym every day, if done for 30-days or more, will begin to make you fit.
- Resisting sugar each day, if done for 30-days or more, will balance out your energy levels.
- Smiling at strangers, if done for 30-days or more, will make you happier.
- Speaking in front of strangers regularly, if done for 30-days or more, will make you a confident public speaker.
- Being compassionate towards strangers, if done for 30-days or more, will make you more empathetic.
- Showing your romantic partner you care, if done for 30-days or more, will make you an awesome lover – and you’ll end up happily married if you’re not already.
- Doing less so you can achieve your goals, if done for 30-days or more, will allow you to achieve your purpose in life – leading to fulfillment (the thing we all secretly crave). Reading daily, if done for 30-days or more, will accelerate your learning. This will make you smarter in the long run.
- Writing articles full of advice on a topic you know, if done for 30-days or more, will make you a blogger (like me).
- Throwing away to-do lists, and doing what you love, if done for 30-days or more, will help you achieve your real goals rather than everybody else’s wants and demands on you.
- Watching one hour less of videos on the internet, if done for 30-days or more, will give you time to work on your passion.
- Posting daily on your favorite social media channel and storytelling through your life and career, if done for 30-days or more, will 10X your online audience. That’s how you build a community of people and solve real problems.
- Seeing your imperfections, if done for 30-days or more, is how you quit trying to be perfect – it’s killing your success and no one is perfect.
- Showing kindness, if done for 30-days or more, is how you change the world.
I’m now hoping that you see a pattern. What you do consistently is producing your results – both good and bad. Force your mind to help make you successful by following thought patterns that lead to incredible habits.
Your habits are making up your identity. Your mind can either deliver you the habits of a loser, or the habits of a game changer who does the impossible.
Both of us have access to these two realities. Your habits begin from the patterns in your mind.
It’s time to start manipulating your mind for success.
If you want to increase your productivity and learn some more valuable life hacks, then join my private mailing list on timdenning.net
Here’s How to Achieve the Success You So Desperately Crave
Have you ever wondered what separates successful and unsuccessful people? Many people say success is relative. It may mean one thing to you and something else to the next person. Getting a hold of what defines success for you is an important step toward achieving it. Nobody wants to go through life having not achieved anything they truly desired. (more…)
7 Simple Habits That Will Make You More Successful
One of the first rules of success is to have good habits. Do you want to live your life to its fullest? It won’t happen if you just write and rewrite your goals. You have to develop new habits. Start today! (more…)
5 Simple Rules to Achieve Excellence in Your Professional Life
Beginning a journey towards achieving personal excellence requires courage, while continuing that journey is even more difficult. The difference between a winner and a loser can be easily determined by how bold an individual is in making decisions. Whereas the people that are stuck in between what to do and what not to do, high performers immediately take actions towards their goals. (more…)
Consistency: The Key Ingredient to Your Success
It always seems to happen the same way. You start a new habit. It’s a great habit. It’s making your day better. In fact, it seems like it will improve your life. If only you could remain consistent. Consistency is the thing that stands between us and achieving the goals we talk about wanting so much. (more…)
It’s What You Do On A ‘Bad Day’ That Matters.
3 Ways the Dalai Lama Inspires Radical Self Care in His Daily Routine
How to Properly Manage Your Time So You Can Fit More Into Your Day
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
- Quotes4 weeks ago
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
- Quotes4 weeks ago
31 Highly Successful Women Share Their Most Powerful Quotes
- Quotes4 weeks ago
42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Must Read Books That Will Skyrocket Your Productivity
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The 2 Behaviors That Will Guarantee Your Success
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
An Entrepreneur’s 7 Secrets to Owning Multiple Enterprises
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Lessons From a Race Car Driver: How to Prepare When There’s No Time to Practice
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Reasons Why You Aren’t Going to Reach Your Goals This Year