Cracking the code to truly unlock your potential in life or in business has been researched by many over the years. Everyone is looking for the “secret” to success. The truth is, the outcome of our pursuits in life comes down to the choices we make on a daily basis. Do we choose to play Xbox, watch reality tv and binge hours of Netflix or do we choose the things that are going to move the needle in our lives?
See, we are at choice from the moment we wake up to the moment we hit the sack. Therefore, choosing our time wisely is the most crucial piece of the puzzle when it comes to success. Making the right choices will allow you to create the space to incorporate daily habits that will catapult you forward in life and in business.
Here are 3 habits that will turn you into a High Performer.
1. Creating Space for Inner Work
Taking the time to self-reflect and meditate is one of the most profound experiences one can bring into their life. Not only will you begin to discover aspects of our life that you weren’t aware of but you will begin to gain the ability to manifest all your dreams and desires.
Not to mention, meditating on a daily basis increases inner wellbeing and joy. Two things that are absolutely crucial to become successful. If all of your time is spent in emotional disarray, it will be very difficult to progress. Meditation can help one remove the emotional drama from their life.
Once you begin to approach your life with your emotions kept aside, when you need them kept aside, you will see your life change in many profound ways. Note, the goal isn’t to remove emotions from your life and become a robot but to gain mastery over them and not let them rule your life.
2. Exercise and Healthy Diet
Creating space in your life for rigorous physical activity can enhance your life in many ways. Not only will you begin to hit goals you may have sought in the appearance department, but you will begin to get more focused. When you’re exercising on the daily, your energy levels rise. It becomes easier and easier to get in motion every day. It simply comes down to the law of inertia: an object in motion, stays in motion.
If that isn’t amazing enough on its own, throw in a healthy diet and now you have a recipe for unlocking some serious potential. No pun intended. In order to truly focus on your more productive tasks, you need to maintain mental clarity. It becomes an uphill battle to maintain that mental clarity if you are giving your brain and body the right fuel. It’s like putting the gasoline in a car that takes diesel.
When you put food in your body with little to no nutrition, your body has to go into overdrive just to process it. So not only are you not getting the nutrients you need but now a huge portion of your energy is being directed to your digestive system just to pass the food through. If all your energy is spent on digestion alone, your brain will be left high and dry.
“A high performer is someone who says, I want to be the best at what I’m doing.” – Brendon Burchard
3. The Not To-Do List
Everyone and their mother will tell you to focus on your list of tasks if you want to be highly productive. But when we make our lists of tasks, we are only adding things to do into our daily routine. If we are adding things that are going to move the needle in our lives, we need to make room and subtract the things that don’t.
This was picked up from Dean Graziosi and Tony Robbins. The Not To-Do List is a list of things that you are not going to do anymore. The list of things that you are certifying, by writing them down, that you will no longer take part in.
It could be a plethora of things like not going on social media during the daytime, not watching tv during the week & not hanging out with friends so much when you have things to do (especially if they’re toxic, then they sadly take the boot). It’s incredibly important to start holding yourself accountable by bringing some awareness to where your time is going. If you want to be successful, understand that TIME is your most valuable asset.
The Bottom Line
The truth is there is no real secret to success. Everyone has their own way of approaching their ambitions in life. But in order for us to figure out how we are going to get there (which there really is no destination, it’s a lifelong journey) we need to begin to start from within.
We need to peek inside ourselves, begin the work and simultaneously start taking action towards creating the lives we truly desire. Devise the plan of attack, make the commitment and TAKE ACTION. Emphasis on the action because most people will do the first two and never follow through and it leads them down the road of misery and unfulfillment.
Whether you become successful or not doesn’t depend on who you are so much as the choices you decide to make day in and day out, every minute of every day. And just know, habits like these are like tinder just waiting for you to set you ablaze.
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
Some people seem to naturally know how to effectively communicate in a group setting. They can express themselves clearly and listen attentively without dominating the conversation.
Being a powerful communicator is important for several reasons, including building and maintaining relationships, achieving goals, resolving conflicts, improving productivity, leading and influencing others, advancing in your career, expressing yourself more confidently and authentically, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Effective communication is an essential life skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life.
1. Listen actively: Practice active listening by giving your full attention to the speaker and responding to what they are saying.
2. Use “I” statements: Speak from your own perspective and avoid placing blame or making accusations.
3. Avoid assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about what the other person is thinking or feeling.
4. Be clear: Express your thoughts and feelings clearly and concisely by getting to the point and avoid using jargon or overly complex language.
5. Show empathy: Show that you understand and care about the other person’s feelings.
6. Offer valuable insights: When speaking in a group, provide a valuable takeaway or actionable item that people can walk away with.
7. Be an active listener: Listen attentively and respond accordingly, incorporating your points into the conversation.
8. Choose the right time: Pick the most opportune time to speak to ensure that you have the group’s attention and can deliver your message without interruption.
9. Be the unifying voice: Step in and unify the group’s thoughts to calm down the discussion and insert your point effectively.
10. Keep responses concise: Keep responses short and to the point to show respect for others’ time.
11. Avoid unnecessary comments: Avoid commenting on everything and only speak when you have something important to say.
12. Cut the fluff: Avoid being long-winded and get straight to the point.
13. Prepare ahead of time: Sort out your points and practice them before speaking in a group.
14. Smile and be positive: Smile and nod along as others speak, to build a positive relationship and be respected when it’s your turn to speak.
15. Take responsibility: Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
16. Ask questions: Ask questions to clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.
17. Avoid interrupting: Allow the other person to finish speaking without interruption.
18. Practice active listening: Repeat what the other person said to ensure you have understood correctly.
19. Use your body language too: Use nonverbal cues such as eye contact, facial expressions, and body language to convey your message and build rapport.
20. Be aware of the tone of your voice: it should be calm and assertive, not aggressive or passive.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can improve your communication skills and become a more powerful communicator, which can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a more fulfilling life.
I you want to learn how to become more confident in life then you can join my weekly mentorship calls and 40+ online workshops at AweBliss.com so you can master your life with more success.
Dead Men Tell No Tales: How to Navigate a Mutiny as a Leader in 10 Steps
You’re the manager. You’re the supervisor. You’re the leader. But maybe your people don’t see it that way
How to Think Like a CEO for Your Future Success
A blueprint for CEOs to draw a disciplined strategy
Strategic thinking helps CEOs build successful businesses. It helps them establish everlasting enterprises. It is one of the key elements of decision-making. It is different from strategic leadership. It differentiates between leaders from managers. (more…)
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds on positive aspects and constructive activities. Sometimes we waste our precious time mentally and physically due to distractions arising out of technology. We must understand our priorities and learn how to focus on them religiously. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Develop a Following of Passionate Fans Even Before Launch