Entrepreneurs are an optimistic lot. Naysayers might say “naïve.” But they have to be. Odds are against their success, but those who do succeed will provide for their families, solve customers’ problems, and possibly change the world in a big way.The best entrepreneur, therefore, has a healthy confidence that “I’ll be the one person in a thousand who makes it big.”
Still, even the most optimistic of entrepreneurs can have a bad day. Maybe the customers aren’t coming fast enough, or investors remain uninterested. Or maybe you’ve just been working for 24 hours straight and need to sleep. Whatever the reason, it’s important for entrepreneurs to get back on the positive side quickly, especially if they have employees looking to them to set the tone.
With that in mind, it’s helpful to have an arsenal of optimistic thoughts handy for those pessimistic moments.
12 Affirmations for the Entrepreneur
1. Go for it. Having something half done is worse than not having it all. Commit to doing everything you can to make it work.
2. There’s always a lag between doing something new and seeing results. Don’t be discouraged if things don’t look up right away.
3. If Plan A doesn’t work, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
4. Ambition is good, but don’t always live for the ending. Enjoy the process of building something from nothing, meeting customers’ needs, and providing jobs for your employees.
5. Do you need to look at the situation from a new perspective to find the solution? A coach, a friend, or a walk in the park can sometimes help you see new options.
6. When you fail, you’re one step closer to success.
7. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough or pushing yourself enough. What would you do if you had no fear? Go do that.
8. Believe in yourself and your vision. Some days, that will be all you have.
9. Related to that, trust your gut. Your instinct can be more instructive than a million books on entrepreneurship. Don’t ignore the small, nagging voice when it wants your attention.
10. Don’t rely only on yourself, though. You can’t do everything. Find a great team and do whatever is necessary to keep them close. The road to success — or failure — is more fun with people who believe and trust one another.
11. Listen to the naysayers just long enough to hear what you need to refine your business. Then, tune them out. It can be helpful to hear criticism, but you should surround yourself with people who want to help fulfill your vision.
12. Be in love with the problem more than you are with the solution. In other words, care more about solving the problem than solving it the way you think it should work. Sometimes, your first hypothesis is simply wrong, and you need to be open to trying new things.
It’s a challenge to start and run your own business. You won’t even imagine most of the obstacles you’ll face until you see them. But, success is 50 percent attitude, and if you give yourself a little pep talk when you’re struggling, you can keep your attitude in check.
Truly creating change requires a lot of work — and just the right amount of optimism.
How Learning to Say ‘No’ Can Improve Your Business
The word “no” is a unique word that despite its negative connotations, is capable of positive consequences when used correctly. For example, when someone asks you to do something you don’t want to do, and you say no, you immediately know that someone is unhappy with such a response. However, in your mind, it feels like a positive outcome, because you’ve prevented yourself from doing something you don’t want to do. (more…)
How Leaning Into Your Discomfort Can Create the Comfortable Life That You Envision
Have you ever heard the phrase “If you do what’s hard now, your life will become easy—but if you do what’s easy now, your life will always be hard?” Whether you have or haven’t, there’s quite a bit of truth in the saying. However, the real question is how can a person truly make sense of the message that’s being conveyed, unless they know where they’re headed in life. (more…)
5 Ways You Can Supercharge Your Sales Courage Today
Sales can be hard. Whether you’re asking someone to buy a ticket, idea, or program, it’s not a skill that comes naturally to most people. But like any skill, it can be learned. With practice (and a little bravery), you will get better at selling. (more…)
It’s Time You Understand That Your Media Plan is Your Business Plan
10 Powerful Tips to Help you Refuel Your Passion
Live Your Way To Happiness With Delayed Gratification
How Learning to Say ‘No’ Can Improve Your Business
3 Reasons Why the Worst Day of Your Life is the Best Day of Your Life
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life4 weeks ago
Don’t Want To Feel Like A Failure Anymore? Stop Doing These 6 Things
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
5 Productivity Shifts You Need to Make to Have Your Best Year Yet
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Lessons You Can Learn From the Founder of Walmart, Sam Walton
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Books to Help You Learn How to Write Better and More Effectively
- Life3 weeks ago
How to Protect Yourself From Other People’s Negativity
- Quotes3 weeks ago
19 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Inspire You To Become Your Best Self
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How a Nighttime Routine Can Make You More Successful