Marshall Bruce Mathers III, known professionally as Eminem, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, and actor.
Eminem is considered one of the greatest hip-hop artists of all time.
Here are 87 Eminem Quotes:
1. “God gave you them shoes to fit you, so put them on and wear them. Be yourself man, be proud of who you are. Even if it sounds corny, don’t let no one tell you, you ain’t beautiful.” – Eminem
2. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
3. “Cause sometimes, you just feel tired. Feel weak. And when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you. You gotta find that inner strength, and just pull that shit out of you. And get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter.” – Eminem
4. “Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them…But when I say I’m going to do something, I have to do it.” – Eminem
5. “I realized, ‘Yo, I can’t do anything in moderation. I don’t know how.” – Eminem
6. “If there’s not drama and negativity in my life, all my songs will be really wack and boring or something.” – Eminem
7. “I try to treat all the money I’m making like it’s the last time I’m going to make it.” – Eminem
8. “I started learning how to not be so angry about things, learning how to count my f—ing blessings instead. By doing that, I’ve become a happier person, instead of all this self-loathing I was doing for a while.” – Eminem
9. “Success is my only option, failure’s not.” – Eminem
10. “If you have enemies, good that means you stood up for something.” – Eminem
11. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.” – Eminem
12. “Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.” – Eminem
13. “Don’t let them say you ain’t beautiful. They can all get fu#ked just stay true to you.” – Eminem
14. “Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned.” – Eminem
15. “When you’re a little kid, you don’t see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It never became an issue until I was a teenager and started trying to rap.” – Eminem
16. “It sometimes feels like a strange movie, you know, it’s all so weird that sometimes I wonder if it is really happening” – Eminem
17. “I’m just a little bit sicker than the average individual I think.” – Eminem
18. “Imma be what I set out to be without a doubt undoubtedly.” – Eminem
19. “You’d have to walk a thousand miles in my shoes just to see what its like to be me!!” – Eminem
20th Eminem Quote –“Don’t let them tell you ain’t beautiful.” –Eminem
21. “But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail.” – Eminem
22. “Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism.” – Eminem
23. “Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity. To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?” – Eminem
24. “Before I was famous, when I was just working in Gilbert’s Lodge, everything was moving in slow motion.” – Eminem
25. “That’s why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it.” – Eminem
26. “You better lose yourself in the music, the moment. You own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo” – Eminem
27. “You can try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay ’em, But you won’t take the sting out these words before I say ’em” – Eminem
28. “It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me. Admittedly I probably did it subliminally for you.” – Eminem
29. “Yeah, it’s been a ride I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one. Now some of you might still be in that place. If you’re trying to get out, just follow me, I’ll get you there.” – Eminem
30. “Why be a king,when you can be a god?” – Eminem
31. “You don’t get another chance. Life is no Nintendo game.” – Eminem
32. “We’ll walk this road together, through the storm. Whatever weather, cold or warm.” – Eminem
33. “I don’t do ‘black music,’ I don’t do ‘white music’…I make fight music, for high school kids.” – Eminem
34. “And I am, whatever you say I am. If I wasn’t, then why would I say I am?” – Eminem
35. “The moment I used my adversity to my advantage, my career exploded.” – Eminem
36. “Thanks cuz your hate is what gave me this strength.” – Eminem
37. “A normal life is boring.” – Eminem
38. “They can trigger me. But they’ll never figure me out.” – Eminem
39. “I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There’s no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.” – Eminem
40th Eminem Quote – “If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don’t back down.” – Eminem
41. “Nobody likes to fail. I want to succeed in everything I do, which isn’t much. But the things that I’m really passionate about, if I fail at those, if I’m not successful, what do I have?” – Eminem
42. “People can try to reinvent themselves. I don’t think you can really change who you are, though, because who you are is pretty much where you came from and what you’ve done up to now.” – Eminem
43. “You can make something of your life. It just depends on your drive.” – Eminem
44. “Be proud of who you are.” – Eminem
45. “In my mind I’ma fighter, my heart’s a lighter, my soul is the fluid. My flow sparks it right up.” – Eminem
46. “You gotta find that inner strength and just pull that s**t out of you. And get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall on your face and collapse.” – Eminem
47. “We sing for these kids who don’t have a thing.” – Eminem
48. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
49. “I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I’m not ashamed of anything.” -Eminem
50. “Hip-hop is ever changing but you’ll always have the pack. And you’ll always have those people who are separated from the pack.” – Eminem
51. “Sporadic thoughts will pop into my head and I’ll have to go write something down, and the next thing you know I’ve written a whole song in an hour.” – Eminem
52. “The writing process, the way I go about it is I do whatever the beat feels like, whatever the beat is telling me to do. Usually when the beat comes on, I think of a hook or the subject I want to rap about almost instantly. Within four, eight bars of it playing I’m just like, ‘Oh, OK. This is what I wanna do’.” – Eminem
53. “Honestly, I’d love to be remembered as one of the best to ever pick up a mic, but if I’m doing my part to lessen some racial tension I feel good about what I’m doing.” – Eminem
54. “I don’t think I’ve ever read poetry, ever. I’m not really book-smart.” – Eminem
55. “There was certainly, like, a rebellious, like, youthful rage in me. And there was also the fact of no getting away from fact that I am white, and you know, this is predominantly black music, you know.” – Eminem
56. “Five or six songs leaked from the original version of ‘Encore.’ So I had to go in and make new songs to replace them.” – Eminem
57. “I have a slight bit of OCD, I think. I’m not walking around flipping light switches. But when I say I’m going to do something, I have to do it.” – Eminem
58. “I need to keep working on myself for a while.” – Eminem
59. “Yeah, I did see where the people dissing me were coming from. But, it’s like, anything that happened in the past between black and white, I can’t really speak on it, because I wasn’t there. I don’t feel like me being born the color I am makes me any less of a person.” – Eminem
60. “Say there’s a white kid who lives in a nice home, goes to an all-white school, and is pretty much having everything handed to him on a platter – for him to pick up a rap tape is incredible to me, because what that’s saying is that he’s living a fantasy life of rebellion.” – Eminem
61.” Ultimately, who you choose to be in a relationship with and what you do in your bedroom is your business.” -Eminem
62. “Hip-hop saved my life, man. It’s the only thing I’ve ever been even decent at. I don’t know how to do anything else.” – Eminem
63. “A lot of my rhymes are just to get chuckles out of people. Anybody with half a brain is going to be able to tell when I’m joking and when I’m serious.” – Eminem
64. “I didn’t have nothin’ going for me… school, home… until I found something I loved, which was music, and that changed everything.” – Eminem
65. “It creeps me out sometimes to think of the person I was. I was a terrible person. I was mean to people.” – Eminem
66. “I was a smart kid, but I hated school.” – Eminem
67. “Anybody with a sense of humor is going to put on my album and laugh from beginning to end.” – Eminem
68. “There was a while when I was feeling like, ‘Damn, if I’d just been born black, I would not have to go through all this’.” – Eminem
69. “I stopped watching TV because of ‘The Wire.’ Like, ‘The Wire’ ruined everything for me because I don’t even want to watch anything else now.” – Eminem
70th Eminem Quote –“You know, not to sound corny or nuthin’, but I felt like a fighter comin’ up, man. I felt like, you know, I’m being attacked for this reason or that reason, and I gotta fight my way through this.” – Eminem
71. “Rap was my drug.” – Eminem
72. “The emotions in a song – the anger, aggression – have got to be legitimate.” – Eminem
73. “I’ve accomplished enough with the music that I haven’t had to go out there and do other things to over-saturate.” – Eminem
74. “Honestly, I never really put the mic down.” – Eminem
75. “I felt like I had a really bad case of writer’s block… Music is so therapeutic for me that if I can’t get it out, I start feeling bad about myself – a lot of self-loathing.” – Eminem
76. “Why is it so hard for people to believe that white people are poor?! I wouldn’t say I lived in a ghetto; I’d say I lived in the ‘hood. The same friends I had back then are the same people on tour with me now.” – Eminem
77. ” I want to solidify as an artist and show that as I grow as a person and make mistakes and learn from them, I’m going to grow artistically.” – Eminem
78. “Well, I’m working all the time to stay out of trouble!” – Eminem
79. “I do say things that I think will shock people. But I don’t do things to shock people. I’m not trying to be the next Tupac, but I don’t know how long I’m going to be on this planet. So while I’m here, I might as well make the most of it.” – Eminem
80. “Certainly I’m not going to sit on the Internet all day and read what Sam from Iowa is saying about me. But I’m a sponge. I’ve always been a sponge.” -Eminem
81. “Throughout my career, I fed off the fuel of people not being able to understand me.” – Eminem
82. “I’m very much a creature of habit.” – Eminem
83. “I always say this about my music, and music in general: Music is like a time capsule. Each album reflects what I’m going through or what’s going on in my life at that moment.” – Eminem
84. “I think my first album opened a lot of doors for me to push the freedom of speech to the limit.” – Eminem
85. “I’ve been running a lot, taking care of myself.” – Eminem
86. “The album requires a certain focus of mine that I can’t really explain – let’s just say it’s all I can really do while I’m doing it.” – Eminem
87. “I always felt that if I was going to do a movie, I wanted it to be authentic.” – Eminem
What’s your favorite Eminem Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
4 Signs You Need Support in Your Business & How to Pinpoint Where You Need It
7 Financial Health Strategies for Young Entrepreneurs
3 Tips To Supercharge Your Visualizations
(Infographic) 9 of the World’s Most Influential Female Entrepreneurs
8 Essential Qualities That Define Great Leadership
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Quotes2 weeks ago
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Why It’s So Important To Break Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Motivation3 weeks ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn from The King of the Jungle
- Life2 weeks ago
3 Ways to Uncover Your Blind Spots and Live Life on Your Terms
- Life4 weeks ago
If You Want to Avoid Failure Once and for All, Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
- Quotes3 weeks ago
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
- Entrepreneurs3 days ago
(Infographic) 9 of the World’s Most Influential Female Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make