Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor, model, producer, director, businessman, investor, writer, philanthropist, former professional bodybuilder, and politician.
Schwarzenegger served two terms as the 38th Governor of California, won the Mr. Universe title at age 20, won the Mr. Olympia title 7 times, was the highest paid actor ever in Hollywood, and has an estimated net worth of $300 million.
Schwarzenegger remains the greatest, and most influential, bodybuilders of all time and is one of the most recognizable movie stars in the world.
Here are 62 unforgettable Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes:
1. “I always stay hungry, never satisfied with current accomplishments.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, expect to win.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. “You can have results or excuses, but not both.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Everybody pities the weak. Jealousy you have to earn.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. “Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
9. “If you’re going to wear gloves when you lift, just make sure they match your purse.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100%.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
12. “Dreams are for dreamers. Goals are for achievers.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
13. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
14. “The most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pump.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
16. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “Every morning you have 2 choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
18. “I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
19. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
20th Arnold Schwarzenegger Quote – “Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “If you want to turn a vision into a reality, you have to give 100% and never stop believing in your dream.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
22. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
24. “My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don’t think about it, I just have it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
26. “I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
27. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
28. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
29. “I didn’t leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service. I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
30. “It’s simple, if it jiggles, it’s fat.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
31. “Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
33. “I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
34. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
35. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
36. “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
37. “’I’ll be back’ always sounded a little girly to me.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
38. “I’m addicted to exercising and I have to do something every day.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
39. “Well, you know, I’m the forever optimist.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
40th Arnold Schwarzenegger Quote – “Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
41. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
42. “My own dreams fortunately came true in this great state. I became Mr. Universe; I became a successful businessman. And even though some people say I still speak with a slight accent, I have reached the top of the acting profession.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
43. “Start wide, expand further, and never look back.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
44. “You can scream at me, call me for a shoot at midnight, keep me waiting for hours – as long as what ends up on the screen is perfect.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
45. “If it’s hard to remember, it’ll be difficult to forget.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
46. “I came to Hollywood and within a decade I was one of the biggest action stars of all time.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
47. “I have a private plane. But I fly commercial when I go to environmental conferences.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
48. “If you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
49. “I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago and they still work. I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago and it still works.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
50. “I know a lot of athletes and models are written off as just bodies. I never felt used for my body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
51. “I was striving to be the most muscular man, and it got me into the movies. It got me everything that I have.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
52. “If my life was a movie, no one would believe it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
53. “If it bleeds, we can kill it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
54. “I went from being the Terminator to being the governator.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
55. “I have a love interest in every one of my films: a gun.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
56. “Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
57. “My relationship to power and authority is that I’m all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
58. “People should make up their own mind about what they think of me.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
59. “I don’t suffer of anything that I’ve lost.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
60. “I have inhaled, exhaled everything.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
61. “I have plenty of money, unlike other Hollywood celebrities or athletes that have not invested well.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
62. “I would never exchange my life with anybody else’s.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Quotes and Advice for Success
What’s your favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up
Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.
She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.
Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:
1. “When they go low, we go high.”
2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
12. “Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”
13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
15. “Choose people who lift you up.”
16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”
24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”
26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”
27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”
30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”
What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!
90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!
5 Ways to Magnetize Your Audience
If You Want to Avoid Failure Once and for All, Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
How to Create a Winning Startup Culture
8 Ways to L.E.V.E.R.A.G.E Your Story and Make Your Book Your New Business Card
How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Legitimate Business
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
If You Want to Be Successful Stop These 3 Toxic Habits
- Life4 weeks ago
What The Lion King Can Teach You About Self-Esteem
- Life4 weeks ago
Meditation for Beginners: How It Works and Where to Start
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
3 Mindset Reframes Business Owners Can Use in 5 Minutes or Less for Greater Success
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Overcome Stage Fright in 5 Simple Steps
- Motivation3 weeks ago
The Guide to Staying Motivated While Working Alone
- Startups3 weeks ago
51 Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Dream Startup
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
9 Support Networks All Entrepreneurs Need to Succeed in Business