5 Viktor Frankl Quotes to Reshape Your Perspective Today
Highly regarded as one of Viktor Frankl’s greatest works, “A Man’s Search For Meaning” highlights Dr. Frankl’s perseverance and survival through the Auschwitz concentration camp. His insights, both harrowing and enchanting, can be readily applied as a sort of spiritual compass for the modern-day man or woman.
With more distracting information than ever available today, most people quietly yearn for wisdom. Rather than fabricate a guidance system that may but probably won’t be applicable to your unique situation, I’ve leveraged one of the finest minds in recent historical memory to forge a more universal guidance system.
Here are 5 of my favorite and most applicable excerpts from one of Dr. Frankl’s most classic writings:
1. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response.”
This is where emotional agility resides. Always, even if only for a split-second, we’re given a choice in our response after an event unfolds. Things become increasingly complicated when we either forget we have a choice or don’t believe we have one (even though, in essence, you’re choosing not to believe it).
Taking five full seconds to process events prior to responding — especially the ones we’re taken aback by — shifts the balance of power back in our favor. This space between is our mental fortress — the command center for life-altering actions to be triggered. Make sure you treat it as such.
2. “The more one forgets himself — by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love — the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself.”
Some of the hardest, yet most freeing advice I’ve ever received is the statement “It’s not about you.” There are moments in life when we “do the right thing” and fill with spiritual joy. We don’t think about who may have been watching, if we’ll get credit, or how it may come back around. We just do it.
Those moments when we get outside of ourselves and stand for a greater purpose deliver the onset of lasting fulfillment. The times where you light up not because of the recognition you’ve received, but because you committed an act of true nobility are the one’s when you leave your mark on the world in a positive manner. The more you look to be a moon instead of the sun, the happier you will be along the way.
3. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning.”
You’ve heard it before: “Life has no meaning except for the meaning we give it.” While this understanding does give off a grim outlook, it’s actually quite the contrary. This grants us the freedom to assign whatever we see fit. When we realized a meaning isn’t necessarily fixed, we can sift through our options until we land on what’s most empowering.
In the book, Frankl recounts a story of a boy dying an early death. He shares how the boy once saw a situation unfold where he revered a terminally ill person’s courage and dignity in handling ultimate demise. Instead of cursing the heavens upon his own diagnosis, the boy stated fate was granting him a similar opportunity.
Luckily for most of us, our everyday experiences aren’t life or death. This is the case, however, until it’s not. The fragility and beauty of life are collapsed. It’s essential we maximize our time and minimize our suffering to make the most of it. Don’t cling to the first thing that shows up when a tough situation presents itself. Scan your optional meanings and make a wise, empowering decision.
4. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
The majority of suffering occurs today when the blueprint of someone’s life doesn’t match reality. This gap between expectation and actuality is where pain resides. We can usually do a few things to shift the occurrence of reality, but much of it is outside our locus of control. To continue closing the gap, we must change the hard expectations we have for our lives.
Immediately after, feelings of resignation may show up, like we’re compromising what we deserve. However, the lasting change can be found in our values and what we place at highest importance. For example, many people want things like love and passion in their lives, but only if it’s packaged a certain way. Perhaps other desire success, but it must be distinct type of success. Reevaluating what we want the most versus what we want right now can be a prudent “saving grace” for making the most out of difficult situations.
5. “For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best.”
As Don Miguel Ruiz asserts in “The Four Agreements,” always doing your best is critical to life working for you. Who gets the pick of the litter in terms of fame and fortune is damn-near a crapshoot, but there will be far less spoils for any of us to garner unless each of us does our best. This is where a certain degree of faith is required to continue making sacrifices for the sake of your contribution to the world, even if no one is watching.
The silver lining for those of us reading this article that we get to choose. Engaging in activities we legitimately enjoy puts us in a better state, which increases the likelihood we will be kind and supportive of others as we come in contact with them.
Life is hard enough for each individual. When left to our own devices, our minds often wander into darkness – sometimes unlikely to return. It is with this in mind, we do our best. We continue getting up, helping others, and doing as much of what we love as time permits. We may not shake the world this way, but we can certainly move it.
Which one of Viktor Frankl’s quotes is your favorite and why? Let us know in the comments below!
Change Your Mindset
10x Powerful Grant Cardone Quotes That Have Changed My Life
Ten powerful quotes by Grant Cardone have profoundly impacted my life and helped me achieve my goals
Grant Cardone is a renowned entrepreneur, motivational speaker, Real Estate mogul, and author known for his powerful and inspiring quotes that have impacted the lives of millions of people. In this article, we will delve into the top 10 quotes that have had a profound impact on my life and the lives of others. (more…)
Change Your Mindset
80 Inspirational Quotes About Purpose to Fuel Your Passion
If you’re seeking inspiration and motivation to discover your purpose in life, look no further than these purpose quotes. Finding your purpose can be a challenging and daunting task, but it’s a crucial step towards living a fulfilling life. These quotes provide wisdom and insight into the importance of purpose and how to pursue it.
Whether you’re feeling lost or searching for direction, these purpose quotes can provide clarity and guidance. From famous philosophers and authors to modern-day thought leaders, these quotes offer a diverse range of perspectives on purpose.
Take some time to reflect on these purpose quotes and consider how they resonate with your own journey. Remember that discovering your purpose is a personal and unique experience, but these quotes can serve as a source of encouragement and inspiration along the way.
So, if you’re ready to unlock the power of purpose in your life, start by exploring these insightful purpose quotes. With determination, focus, and a positive mindset, you can discover your purpose and live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Here are 80 Inspirational Quotes about Purpose
1. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
3. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Your purpose is not just a job or a career, it’s a calling from God that inspires you to make a difference in the world.” – Joel Brown
5. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
6. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.” – Robert F. Kennedy
7. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
8. “Your purpose in life is to use your unique gifts and talents to make a positive impact on the world around you.” – Sir Ken Robinson
9. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
10. “The purpose of life is to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect.” – Unknown
12. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
13. “Your purpose in life is to use your gifts and passions to help others, and in doing so, find joy and fulfillment for yourself.” – Unknown
14. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
15. “The purpose of life is to find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.” – Stephen Covey
16. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
17. “Your purpose in life is to create something that outlasts you.” – Matthew McConaughey
18. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “The purpose of life is to find your own way, and to find your own path, and to follow it.” – Unknown
20. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
21. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
22. “The purpose of life is to make your heart sing and your soul dance.” – Unknown
23. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
24. “The purpose of life is to be a light to others, to show them the way, and to help them find their own path.” – Unknown
25. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
26. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
27. “The purpose of life is to find your passion and pursue it. – Unknown
28. “You were born with a purpose. You have something to offer the world that no one else can.” – Marie Forleo
29. “Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.” – Ryan Blair
30. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “The meaning of life is to give life meaning.” – Ken Hudgins
32. “The purpose of life is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “Your purpose in life is to find your voice and give it a voice.” – Stephen Covey
34. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
35. “Your purpose in life is to find your own path, and to follow it, no matter what anyone else says.” – Unknown
36. “When you find your purpose, everything else falls into place.” – Frida
37. “Your purpose is not to impress others, but to express yourself.” – Unknown
38. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “Find your purpose, and then give your whole heart to it.” – Unknown
40. “You have a purpose in life. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.” – Unknown
41. “Purpose is the reason you are here. Passion is what makes you stay.” – Michael Jordan
42. “The purpose of life is to create, to give, to love, and to leave a legacy.” – Unknown
43. “The purpose of life is not to be perfect, but to be authentic.” – Unknown
44. “Your purpose is to live the life that is right for you, not the life that others expect of you.” – Kobe Bryant
45. “Your purpose in life is to make a positive difference in the world, no matter how small.” – Richard Branson
46. “The purpose of life is to find truth, and to live it, no matter what.” – Joel Brown
47. “Your purpose in life is to create a life that you love, and to share that love with others.” – Unknown
48. “Your purpose in life is not to be successful, but to live a meaningful life that aligns with your values and passions.” – Unknown
49. “Finding your purpose is a journey, not a destination.” – Unknown
50. “The purpose of life is to use your gifts and talents to make the world a better place.” – Dwayne Johnson
51. “The purpose of life is to be yourself, and to express yourself fully in the world.” – Unknown
52. “Your purpose in life is to live with intention, to pursue your passions, and to make a positive impact on the world.” – Unknown
53. “Your purpose in life is not just to exist, but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
54. “The purpose of life is to grow, to learn, to evolve, and to become the best version of yourself.” – Unknown
55. “Your purpose in life is to live a life that is true to yourself, and that inspires others to do the same.” – Unknown
56. “The purpose of life is to find joy in the journey, and to create a life that brings you happiness and fulfillment.” – Dwight Howard
57. “Your purpose in life is to make a difference in the lives of others, to be of service, and to contribute to the greater good.” – Myles Munroe
58. “The purpose of life is to discover your own path, and to have the courage to follow it, no matter where it leads.” – Jay Shetty
59. “Your purpose in life is to be the best version of yourself, and to inspire others to do the same.” – Unknown
60. “The purpose of life is to create something that will outlast us, to leave a positive impact on the world, and to make a difference in the lives of others.” – Elon Musk
61. “Your purpose in life is to embrace your unique gifts and talents, and to use them to create a life that is truly your own.” – Unknown
62. “The purpose of life is to seek out new experiences, to learn, to grow, and to find meaning in every moment.” – Unknown
63. “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” – Myles Munroe
64. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
65. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
66. “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” – Stephen C. Hogan, author and entrepreneur
67. “When you have a strong enough why, you can tolerate any how.” – Tony Robbins
68. “Purpose is not a destination, it’s a journey. It’s not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Evan Carmichael
69. “If you are not passionate about it, forget it.” – Jerry Greenfield, co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s
70. “You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.” – Rick Warren
Here are some of my most shared quotes about purpose:
1. “Without purpose, you’re like a ship without a rudder, drifting into the abyss, never reaching your destination.” – Joel Brown
2. “Purpose is the compass that will guide you on your journey to greatness.” – Joel Brown
3. “Purpose is not just a destination, it’s a journey, a process of self-discovery and growth.” – Joel Brown
4. “The most successful people in the world have a clear sense of purpose, a burning desire to achieve their dreams.” – Joel Brown
5. “Your purpose is your passion, the thing that makes you come alive and gives your life meaning.” – Joel Brown
6. “Purpose gives you the courage to take risks, to try new things, to step outside of your comfort zone.” – Joel Brown
7. “The key to unlocking your full potential is to discover your God given purpose, and then pursue it with all your heart.” – Joel Brown
8. “When you have a strong sense of purpose, you can overcome any obstacle and achieve anything you set your mind to.” – Joel Brown
9. “Your purpose is not just about what you do, it’s about who you are and what you stand for.” – Joel Brown
10. “Purpose is the driving force behind all great achievements. When you have a clear sense of purpose, nothing can stop you.” – Joel Brown
Read more success & entrepreneurship lessons from the founder of Addicted2Success Joel Brown
Which quote is your favorite quote about Purpose? Leave a comment below.
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Elvis Presley’s words of wisdom through these quotes continue to inspire us to chase our dreams and never give up on our ambitions.
Elvis Presley was a true artist who believed in the power of hard work and dedication.
Let us take a cue from the King of Rock and Roll and let Elvis Presley’s quotes guide you to be the best version of yourself.
Here are 51 Inspirational Elvis Presley Quotes:
1. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music” – Elvis Presley
2. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God” – Elvis Presley
3. “I don’t want to be just a memory” – Elvis Presley
4. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business, live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
5. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
6. “My work is my life, I put everything I am into it” – Elvis Presley
7. “I’m just trying to do the best I can” – Elvis Presley
8. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
9. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king” – Elvis Presley
10. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
11. “I’m the king of rock and roll, but I didn’t invent it” – Elvis Presley
12. “I’m not trying to be sexy. It’s just my way of expressing myself when I move around.” – Elvis Presley
13. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
14. “I’m just an entertainer, that’s all.” – Elvis Presley
15. “I try to give my audience a little of what they came for, a little of what they didn’t expect.” – Elvis Presley
16. “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Elvis Presley
17. “The only thing that can change my mind is a better idea.” – Elvis Presley
18. “I don’t think I have ever been as relaxed on stage as I am now.” – Elvis Presley
19. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
20. “I just want to be remembered as a good performer.” – Elvis Presley
21. “I’ve left my mark, and I hope it’s a good one” – Elvis Presley
22. “If you can’t find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.” – Elvis Presley
23. “I’m not a politician. I’m just an entertainer” – Elvis Presley
24. “I’m a one-man army” – Elvis Presley
25. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
Here’s an Elvis Presley Picture Quote
26. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king.” – Elvis Presley
27. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music.” – Elvis Presley
28. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God.” – Elvis Presley
29. “I don’t want to be just a memory.” – Elvis Presley
30. “I’m just trying to do the best I can.” – Elvis Presley
31. “I’m not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.” – Elvis Presley
32. “I’m the first one to say I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’ve also had a lot of successes.” – Elvis Presley
33. “I’m always looking for new ways to express myself and push the boundaries of what I can do.” – Elvis Presley
34. “I’m not afraid to take risks and try new things, even if it means going against the norm.” – Elvis Presley
35. “I’m not just a singer, I’m an entertainer. I want to give my audience a show they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
36. “I’m not in the music business for the fame or the money, I’m in it because I love it.” – Elvis Presley
37. “I’m not just a musician, I’m a storyteller. I want to take my audience on a journey through my songs.” – Elvis Presley
38. “I don’t believe in being a one-hit wonder. I want to have a long and successful career.” – Elvis Presley
39. “I’m not just a performer, I’m a student of music. I’m always learning and growing as an artist.” – Elvis Presley
40. “I’m not just a singer, I’m a performer. I want to give my audience an experience they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
41. “Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.” – Elvis Presley
42. “Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn’t do anything but just jiggle.” – Elvis Presley
43. “…the image is one thing and the human being is another…it’s very hard to live up to an image.” – Elvis Presley
44. “I ain’t no saint, but I’ve tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God…I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world.” – Elvis Presley
45. “Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.” – Elvis Presley
46. “When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times…I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend – without a song.’ So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.” – Elvis Presley
47. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business – live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
48. “The first time that I appeared on stage, it scared me to death. I really didn’t know what all the yelling was about. I didn’t realize that my body was moving. It’s a natural thing to me. So to the manager backstage I said, ‘What’d I do? What’d I do?’ And he said “Whatever it is, go back and do it again.” – Elvis Presley
49. “We do two shows a night for five weeks. A lotta times we’ll go upstairs and sing until daylight – gospel songs. We grew up with it…It more or less puts your mind at ease. It does mine.” – Elvis Presley
50. “I’ve never gotten over what they call stagefright. I go through it every show. I’m pretty concerned, I’m pretty much thinking about the show. I never get completely comfortable with it, and I don’t let the people around me get comfortable with it, in that I remind them that it’s a new crowd out there, it’s a new audience, and they haven’t seen us before. So it’s got to be like the first time we go on.” – Elvis Presley
51. “‘Til we meet again, may God bless you. Adios.” – Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley’s legacy lives on as a true icon of music and entertainment:
He left an indelible mark on the world with his unique style and undeniable talent. Elvis broke barriers and set the standard for generations to come, and his influence can still be felt in music today. He truly was the King of Rock and Roll, and his legacy will continue to inspire for many years to come.
What’s your favorite Elvis Presley quote? Share it with us below!
Change Your Mindset
108 Inspirational Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Never Give Up
Over the past few years, it seems like the world is falling to pieces. There’s been COVID, wars, mass layoffs, and depression is at an all time high. During these times, it’s hard to stay strong. It can also feel like giving up is our only option. The reason why we think like this is because we end up focusing on things we cannot control, instead of on the things we can control. (more…)
How to Ignite Passion in Others for Success
Trouble Staying in the Moment? Try This Mindfulness Practice
Unlock The Power Of Emotional Intelligence: Deepen Connections and Win More Clients
3 Simple Steps to Living Your Best Life Right Now
How To Build Rapport: The Secret Sauce to Long-Term Sales Relationships
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice4 weeks ago
7 Tips to Master Your Time and Energy to Boost Business Success
Life3 weeks ago
7 Habits That Helped My Daily Productivity
Life3 weeks ago
3 Simple Activities Proven to Skyrocket Your Personal Growth
Master Sales Techniques4 weeks ago
The Art Of Active Listening: A Key Ingredient To Sales Success And Stronger Relationships
Life3 weeks ago
How You Can Climb Life’s Mountain Top No Matter the Terrain
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Gaslight Yourself Effectively for Success
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Build the Most Powerful Connections for Epic Success
Master Sales Techniques2 weeks ago
How To Build Rapport: The Secret Sauce to Long-Term Sales Relationships