Clive Staples “C.S” Lewis was an English novelist, lecturer, poet, Christian apologist, lay theologian, broadcaster and academic. He is most recognized from his works such as The Chronicles of Narnia, The Screwtape Letters, and Space Trilogy.
He is also known for his apologetic writings such as The Problem of Pain, Mere Christianity and many others. The writings of Lewis have been translated into 30 languages, selling millions of copies.
While C.S. Lewis was alive, his net-worth was estimated around 10 million dollars.
Here are 45 C.S Lewis Quotes:
1. “Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror.” – C.S Lewis
2. “Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness.” – C.S Lewis
3. “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God.” – C.S Lewis
4. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S Lewis
5. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.” – C.S Lewis
6. “All get what they want; they do not always like it.” – C.S Lewis
7. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S Lewis
8. “The Past is frozen and no longer flows, and the Present is all lit up with eternal rays.” – C.S Lewis
9. “Nothing you have not given away will ever really be yours.” – C.S Lewis
10. “God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.” – C.S Lewis
11. “In our own case we accept excuses too easily; in other people’s, we do not accept them easily enough.” – C.S Lewis
12. “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C.S Lewis
13. “A pleasure is not full grown until it is remembered.” – C.S Lewis
14. “Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man.” – C.S Lewis
15. “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.” – C.S Lewis
16. “We do not want merely to see beauty . . . We want something else which can hardly be put into words – to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.” – C.S Lewis
17. “Forgiveness does not mean excusing” – C.S Lewis
18. “The heart never takes the place of the head: but it can, and should, obey it.” – C.S Lewis
19. “When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” – C.S Lewis
20. “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” – C.S Lewis
21. “Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having.” – C.S Lewis
22. “I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” – C.S Lewis
23. “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts.” – C.S Lewis
24. “If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” – C.S Lewis
25. “No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good.” – C.S Lewis
26. “God has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. You are as much alone with him as if you were the only being he had ever created.” – C.S Lewis
27. “We’re not doubting that God will do the best for us; we’re wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” – C.S Lewis
28. “Though our feelings come and go, his love for us does not.” – C.S Lewis
29. “We are mirrors whose brightness is wholly derived from the sun that shines upon us.” – C.S Lewis
30. “If a man thinks he is not conceited, he is very conceited indeed.” – C.S Lewis
31. “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods.” – C.S Lewis
32. “The door on which we have been knocking all our lives will open at last.” – C.S Lewis
33. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S Lewis
34. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different…” – C.S Lewis
35. “Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbour; act as if you do, and you will presently come to love him.” – C.S Lewis
36. “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.” – C.S Lewis
37. “I sometimes wonder if all pleasures are not substitutes for joy.” – C.S Lewis
38. “It is not your business to succeed, but to do right; when you have done so, the rest lies with God.” – C.S Lewis
39. “To walk out of His will is to walk into nowhere.” – C.S Lewis
40. “Thirst was made for water; inquiry for truth.” – C.S Lewis
41. “‘Being in love’ first moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep the promise.” – C.S Lewis
42. “To love at all is to be vulnerable” – C.S Lewis
43. “Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive.” – C.S Lewis
44. “Reality is not neat, not obvious, not what you expect.” – C.S Lewis
45. “One road leads home and a thousand roads lead into the wilderness.” – C.S Lewis
What was your favourite C.S Lewis Quote? Leave the quote in the comments section below.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
How NFTs Are Revolutionizing the World of Gaming
How to Build a 7-Figure Business: Early-Stage Planning
A Better Framework to Make Smart Decisions
The 3 Most Important Things I Learned About Personal Growth
How to Use Emotions to Make Confident Decisions
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life3 weeks ago
Practicing Self-Devotion: 3 Ways Towards a More Mindful and Compassionate You
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
15 Ways to Become a More Successful Entrepreneur
- Motivation4 weeks ago
What Is Dark Motivation and How Can I Use It to My Advantage?
- Life4 weeks ago
5 Self-Appreciation Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Growth Mindset Adjustments That Double Revenue and Build Freedom
- Life4 weeks ago
3 Business Optimization Strategies That Create a Fulfilled Life
- Motivation2 weeks ago
How to Stay Motivated to Achieve Your Goals
- Life2 weeks ago
4 Boss Level Growth Strategies That Create an Optimized Life