A number of these stock market legends have predicted huge crashes, have been the backing behind very successful, world renowned companies and a few of them have even made their millions to billions in just days.
Here are 22 must know investor quotes by some of the worlds greatest investors.
The Top 22 Investment Quotes
Warren Buffett (Net Worth $39 Billion) – “‘Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.”
George Soros (Net Worth $22 Billion) – “I’m only rich because I know when I’m wrong…I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes.”
Carl Icahn (Net Worth $13 Billion) – “You learn in this business: If you want a friend, get a dog”
David Rubenstein (Net Worth $2.8 Billion) – “Persist – don’t take no for an answer. If you’re happy to sit at your desk and not take any risk, you’ll be sitting at your desk for the next 20 years.”
Ray Dalio (Net Worth $6.5 Billion) – “More than anything else, what differentiates people who live up to their potential from those who don’t is a willingness to look at themselves and others objectively.”
Alisher Usmanov (Net Worth $18.1 Billion) – “First of all I trust my own instinct, experience that I gained over years and feeling when the moment is right for buying shares. That is what one calls intuition.
Carlos Slim (Net Worth $69 Billion) – “Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity.”
Eddie Lampert (Net Worth $3 Billion) – “This idea of anticipation is key to investing and to business generally. You can’t wait for an opportunity to become obvious. You have to think, “Here’s what other people and companies have done under certain circumstances. Now, under these new circumstances, how is this management likely to behave?”
T. Boone Pickens (Net Worth $1.4 Billion) – “The older I get, the more I see a straight path where I want to go. If you’re going to hunt elephants, don’t get off the trail for a rabbit.”
Charlie Munger (Net Worth $1 Billion) – “If you took our top fifteen decisions out, we’d have a pretty average record. It wasn’t hyperactivity, but a hell of a lot of patience. You stuck to your principles and when opportunities came along, you pounced on them with vigor.”
Jim Cramer (Net Worth $100 Million) – “As long as you enjoy investing, you’ll be willing to do the homework and stay in the game. That’s why I try to make the show so entertaining, because if you aren’t interested, you’ll either miss the opportunity to make money in the market or not pay enough attention and end up losing your shirt.”
Michael Milken (Net Worth $2.1 Billion) – “My experience indicates that most people who’ve accumulated a great deal of wealth haven’t had that as their goal at all. Wealth is only a by-product, not the original motivation.”
David Tepper (Net Worth $5 Billion) – “This company looks cheap, that company looks cheap, but the overall economy could completely screw it up. The key is to wait. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to do nothing.”
Benjamin Graham – R.I.P (Net Worth Unknown) – “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. This means that he should be able to justify every purchase he makes and each price he pays by impersonal, objective reasoning that satisfies him that he is getting more than his money’s worth for his purchase.”
Louis Bacon (Net Worth $1.4 Billion) – “As a speculator you must embrace disorder and chaos.”
Paul Tudor Jones (Net Worth $3.2 Billion) – “Were you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always, first and foremost protecting your butt. After a while size means nothing. It gets back to whether you’re making 100% rate of return on $10,000 or $100 million dollars. It doesn’t make any difference.”
Peter Thiel (Net Worth $1.5 Billion) – “Value investors look at cash flows. If a company can maintain present cash flows for 5 or 6 years, it’s a good investment. Investors then just hope that those cash flows—and thus the company’s value—don’t decrease faster than they anticipate.”
Bruce Kovner (Net Worth $4.3 Billion) – ” My experience with novice traders is that they trade three to five times too big. They are taking 5 to 10 percent risks on a trade when they should be taking 1 to 2 percent risks. The emotional burden of trading is substantial; on any given day, I could lose millions of dollars. If you personalize these losses, you can’t trade.”
Rene Rivkin (Net Worth $346 Million) – “When buying shares, ask yourself, would you buy the whole company?”
Peter Lynch (Net Worth $352 Million) – “I think you have to learn that there’s a company behind every stock, and that there’s only one real reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.”
John Templeton (Net Worth $20 Billion)– “The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.”
John (Jack) Bogle (Net Worth $4 Billion) – “If you have trouble imagining a 20% loss in the stock market, you shouldn’t be in stocks.”
Article By Joel Brown
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
Defining Your Own Success: A Step by Step Guide
5 Characteristics of Athletes You Need for Business Success
5 Changes in Your Habits That Will Help You Thrive
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
4 Non-Financial Factors to Measure Success as an Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
4 Tips for Making the Leap From Employee to Entrepreneur
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Dos and Don’ts When Starting a Business With a Friend
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How Are You Defining Your Success as an Entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
5 Strategies for Building the Ultimate Company Culture
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How I Turned an Unpaid Internship Into a Business
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Things I’ve Learnt From Selling Private Jets to 7 Figure Coaching Programs