Usain Bolt is highly regarded as the fastest man alive. Now retired, he has won over 20 Olympic Gold Medals and has broken multiple records during his career as a track all-star. His speed has gained him the nickname ‘lightning bolt’ and his reputation has helped him become an international celebrity. Due to his athletic success, he is admired by thousands and respected by millions more as a motivational figure who achieved the impossible.
Here are some of Usain’s best quotes:
1. “No matter how far you get ahead of me, I’m gonna catch you. That’s my mentality that I go there with” – Usain Bolt
2. “Don’t think about the start of the race.” – Usain Bolt
3. “Worrying gets you nowhere. if you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.” – Usain Bolt
4. “I don’t think limits.” – Usain Bolt
5. “One thing I’ve learned over the years from my core set, the last one is the most important one. Because that’s when you start improving. That’s when the work pays off now. Because your legs are dead and you gotta push your body. It’s like moving past a barrier” – Usain Bolt
6. “If I get to be a legend, I’ve achieved my goal” – Usain Bolt
7. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Usain Bolt
8. “Learning the mind is as important as understanding the body” – Usain Bolt
9. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in determination.” – Usain Bolt
10. “There are better starters than me, but I’m a strong finisher.” – Usain Bolt
11. “I know what I can do so it doesn’t bother me what other people think or their opinion on the situation.” – Usain Bolt
12. “I wouldn’t say I’m a phenomenon, just a great athlete” – Usain Bolt
13. “Manners is the key thing. say, for instance, when you’re growing, you’re walking down the street, you’ve got to tell everybody good morning. Everybody. You can’t pass one person.” – Usain Bolt
14. “Every season, for me, it’s like starting from scratch again” – Usain Bolt
15. “I’d like to say to all my fans out there, thanks for the support. And to all my doubters, thank you very much because you guys have also pushed me.” – Usain Bolt
16. “A lot of legends, a lot of people, have come before me. But this is my time.” – Usain Bolt
17. “But anybody who steps into the lane beside you is the biggest competition because they made it to the finals.” – Usain Bolt
18. “People like to see showdowns” – Usain Bolt
19. “Repeating is harder than anything else.” – Usain Bolt
20. “My name is Bolt, Lightening Bolt.” – Usain Bolt
21. “I think the key thing is to train hard and you definitely need competition, you definetly need races because I believe over the years that training helps you but you have to compete against other people who’re a high level to build you up, make you know what else you need to work on.” – Usain Bolt
22. “I work hard, and I do good, and I’m going to enjoy myself. I’m not going to let you restrict me.” – Usain Bolt
23. “You can get beat any day” – Usain Bolt
24. “For me, I’m focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I’m working on it.” – Usain Bolt
25. “Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, effort, sacrifice, and sweat. How will you pay for your goals?” – Usain Bolt
26. “When people see your personality come out, they feel so good, like they actually know who you are.” – Usain Bolt
27. “I’ve worked hard over the years, I’ve been injured and I’ve worked hard through it, and I’ve made it.” – Usain Bolt
28. “You have to se yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success.” – Usain Bolt
29. “I like to have fun, just stay relaxed.” – Usain Bolt
30. “I definable know I’m going to be working a lot more with my foundation when it comes to developing the kids in Jamaica.” – Usain Bolt
31. “There are things that bother me. I try not to let them, but they do” – Usain Bolt
32. “I try to lead by example.” – Usain Bolt
33. “I think they have not learned over the years that the more you talk, the more I will want to beat you.” – Usain Bolt
34. “You have good days and bad days.” – Usain Bolt
35. “All I have to do to work on transition and technique.” – Usain Bolt
36. “I don’t put myself under pressure.” – Usain Bolt
37. “I don’t like losing anyways.”- Usain Bolt
38. “Win from within” – Usain Bolt
39. “I remember once, actually the first race I ran, I fell.” – Usain Bolt
40. “I think my acceleration is very good. That’s the key for me.” – Usain Bolt
41. “It’s always been a wake-up call to get beaten.” – Usain Bolt
42. “When I was younger, I always wanted to impress, to be good for my country, to make them feel good, and sometimes that meant I didn’t focus on myself enough. I learned I had to put myself first. And it’s fine because I want for me the same thing that they want for me, which is to win.” – Usain Bolt
43. “My hunger is always there.” – Usain Bolt
44. “Sometimes you lose sight of what’s going on around you.” – Usain Bolt
45. “I don’t think about records.” – Usain Bolt
46. “It’s a great feat for me to have broken my world record.” – Usain Bolt
47. “I will run against anybody.” – Usain Bolt
48. “Easy is not a option..No days off..Never Quit..Be Fearless..Talent you have Naturally..Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.” – Usain Bolt
49. “I know what to do and I go and execute.”-Usain Bolt
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
8 Life Changing Benefits of Journaling Daily
5 Quick Ways to Combat Stress as an Entrepreneur
5 Effective Tricks Successful Entrepreneurs Use in Their Business Negotiations
Here’s What You Should Do When You’re Overloaded With Work
3 Ways You Can Help Your Children Develop Good Learning Habits
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Things You Can Start Doing Today to Succeed With ZERO Talent
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
A Salesman’s Guide to Everyday Conversation With Strangers
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
4 Things You Should Do if Your Drive for Success is Taking a Toll on Your Mental Health
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How Positive Self-Talk Boosts Motivation and Productivity
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Embrace a Growth Mindset to Achieve an Infinite Amount of Success
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Key Steps to Becoming a Successful Blogger