If you’re ready to take your performance and success to the next level, Ed Mylett is your go-to guy for heartfelt and honest inspiration. By using core values and personal responsibility, Ed’s words can keep you motivated and focused.
Ed Mylett is a life and business strategist, peak performance expert, and sought after keynote speaker. Not only does Ed talk the talk, he also walks the walk. He considers himself a “team-made” millionaire, giving credit to those around him who hustle just as hard as he does. His podcast, The Ed Mylett Show, is top-rated on iTunes Business, and he has nearly 2 million followers on Instagram.
Here are 10 of Ed Mylett’s most powerful quotes:
1. “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.”
Respect, trust, and loyalty aren’t free; they’re built one day at a time through honesty and integrity. People don’t respond to what you say, they respond to, and remember, what you do. Keeping your word and being a person of integrity in every part of your business leaves a lasting impression.
2. “The instant you accept responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you acquire the power to change it.”
Your success is 100% up to you. You control how you respond to situations and circumstances. The moment you embrace responsibility is the moment you begin to make opportunities for yourself and acquire the power to change your own life for the better.
3. “Where you are now in life is the sum of the decisions you’ve made.”
The decisions we make each day either move us toward our goals or further from them. Your choices have brought you to now, and the decisions you make today will determine where you go tomorrow. If you don’t like how the math of your life is adding up, you can change the sum by making different decisions starting right now.
4. “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.”
Success starts with believing that you are worthy of having what you want. But, if you don’t fundamentally like yourself, you’ll waste precious time and energy stuck in negative thought patterns. Find mentors and role models who will support you, yet also tell you the truth. Identify your superpowers and use them to the fullest. Focus your efforts on living your values and watch your self-confidence and self-esteem grow.
5. “If it’s not going to matter in 5 years, DO NOT spend more than 5 minutes being upset by it.”
Your time and energy are limited. Would you rather spend them working on things that will move you forward, or holding a grudge over something that can’t be changed and won’t matter five years from now? Wisdom comes from learning the lesson within the upsetting situation. Once you have the wisdom, you can let go of the situation and get back to working on being successful in the present.
6. “Whoever is trying to bring you down is beneath you. They can make NO IMPACT on your life as long as you don’t let them.”
You are the only person who can allow someone else to bring you down. Rising above petty situations and continuing to focus on your strengths shows others, and yourself, that you’re a person of integrity. Your feelings and pride may be hurt, but by staying professional and focused, you maintain momentum toward your goals.
7. “What you allow is what will continue.”
We teach people how to treat us in several ways. If you say negative things about yourself, others will learn it’s OK for them to say negative things about you. If you respect yourself through healthy habits and boundaries, others will learn how to respect you too. Your success depends on surrounding yourself with the right people and opportunities that allow you to learn and grow, all while being respected and supported.
8. “The thing that’s going to kill your dream is the obsession about what other people are going to think about you.”
The fastest way to doubt yourself and stop your progress is to get overly obsessed about what other people think about you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and some people will judge you. The real question is: will you let their judgment squash your passion? Remember, the judgment of others often has more to do with them and their issues, than with you.
9. “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.”
Your strength grows when you face challenging moments and decide to find a way through them. This may mean taking a step back, regrouping, adjusting your strategy, and trying another route. Or, it may mean letting go of something you really thought you wanted so it can be replaced by something bigger and better. You grow stronger by staying curious, following your intuition, and looking at challenges as opportunities.
10. “It’s what you do when you aren’t motivated that determines success or failure.”
Everyone has limits, and it’s natural for motivation to wane over time. When this happens, it’s crucial to examine your mindset. Being unmotivated happens to everyone; it’s an opportunity to look closely at when you need to power through and when you may need to step away to avoid burnout, overwhelm, or other health challenges. By balancing what absolutely must be done along with rest and relaxation time, you set yourself up for long term success.
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Elvis Presley’s words of wisdom through these quotes continue to inspire us to chase our dreams and never give up on our ambitions.
Elvis Presley was a true artist who believed in the power of hard work and dedication.
Let us take a cue from the King of Rock and Roll and let Elvis Presley’s quotes guide you to be the best version of yourself.
Here are 51 Inspirational Elvis Presley Quotes:
1. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music” – Elvis Presley
2. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God” – Elvis Presley
3. “I don’t want to be just a memory” – Elvis Presley
4. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business, live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
5. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
6. “My work is my life, I put everything I am into it” – Elvis Presley
7. “I’m just trying to do the best I can” – Elvis Presley
8. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
9. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king” – Elvis Presley
10. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
11. “I’m the king of rock and roll, but I didn’t invent it” – Elvis Presley
12. “I’m not trying to be sexy. It’s just my way of expressing myself when I move around.” – Elvis Presley
13. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
14. “I’m just an entertainer, that’s all.” – Elvis Presley
15. “I try to give my audience a little of what they came for, a little of what they didn’t expect.” – Elvis Presley
16. “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Elvis Presley
17. “The only thing that can change my mind is a better idea.” – Elvis Presley
18. “I don’t think I have ever been as relaxed on stage as I am now.” – Elvis Presley
19. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
20. “I just want to be remembered as a good performer.” – Elvis Presley
21. “I’ve left my mark, and I hope it’s a good one” – Elvis Presley
22. “If you can’t find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.” – Elvis Presley
23. “I’m not a politician. I’m just an entertainer” – Elvis Presley
24. “I’m a one-man army” – Elvis Presley
25. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
Here’s an Elvis Presley Picture Quote
26. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king.” – Elvis Presley
27. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music.” – Elvis Presley
28. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God.” – Elvis Presley
29. “I don’t want to be just a memory.” – Elvis Presley
30. “I’m just trying to do the best I can.” – Elvis Presley
31. “I’m not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.” – Elvis Presley
32. “I’m the first one to say I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’ve also had a lot of successes.” – Elvis Presley
33. “I’m always looking for new ways to express myself and push the boundaries of what I can do.” – Elvis Presley
34. “I’m not afraid to take risks and try new things, even if it means going against the norm.” – Elvis Presley
35. “I’m not just a singer, I’m an entertainer. I want to give my audience a show they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
36. “I’m not in the music business for the fame or the money, I’m in it because I love it.” – Elvis Presley
37. “I’m not just a musician, I’m a storyteller. I want to take my audience on a journey through my songs.” – Elvis Presley
38. “I don’t believe in being a one-hit wonder. I want to have a long and successful career.” – Elvis Presley
39. “I’m not just a performer, I’m a student of music. I’m always learning and growing as an artist.” – Elvis Presley
40. “I’m not just a singer, I’m a performer. I want to give my audience an experience they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
41. “Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.” – Elvis Presley
42. “Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn’t do anything but just jiggle.” – Elvis Presley
43. “…the image is one thing and the human being is another…it’s very hard to live up to an image.” – Elvis Presley
44. “I ain’t no saint, but I’ve tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God…I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world.” – Elvis Presley
45. “Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.” – Elvis Presley
46. “When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times…I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend – without a song.’ So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.” – Elvis Presley
47. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business – live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
48. “The first time that I appeared on stage, it scared me to death. I really didn’t know what all the yelling was about. I didn’t realize that my body was moving. It’s a natural thing to me. So to the manager backstage I said, ‘What’d I do? What’d I do?’ And he said “Whatever it is, go back and do it again.” – Elvis Presley
49. “We do two shows a night for five weeks. A lotta times we’ll go upstairs and sing until daylight – gospel songs. We grew up with it…It more or less puts your mind at ease. It does mine.” – Elvis Presley
50. “I’ve never gotten over what they call stagefright. I go through it every show. I’m pretty concerned, I’m pretty much thinking about the show. I never get completely comfortable with it, and I don’t let the people around me get comfortable with it, in that I remind them that it’s a new crowd out there, it’s a new audience, and they haven’t seen us before. So it’s got to be like the first time we go on.” – Elvis Presley
51. “‘Til we meet again, may God bless you. Adios.” – Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley’s legacy lives on as a true icon of music and entertainment:
He left an indelible mark on the world with his unique style and undeniable talent. Elvis broke barriers and set the standard for generations to come, and his influence can still be felt in music today. He truly was the King of Rock and Roll, and his legacy will continue to inspire for many years to come.
What’s your favorite Elvis Presley quote? Share it with us below!
108 Inspirational Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Never Give Up
Over the past few years, it seems like the world is falling to pieces. There’s been COVID, wars, mass layoffs, and depression is at an all time high. During these times, it’s hard to stay strong. It can also feel like giving up is our only option. The reason why we think like this is because we end up focusing on things we cannot control, instead of on the things we can control. (more…)
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Today we have decided to feature some of the world’s top inspirational life quotes for you to love, share and remember. These quotes are those little reminders we all need every now and then and some are powerful enough to inspire us for the whole week. (more…)
55 of Drake’s Most Memorable Motivational Quotes
Drake is arguably one of the best artists in music today. What a lot of people don’t know about him is his extreme motivation to reach a certain level of success, not just in music, but also in life and other business ventures he is involved in. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively