If you’re ready to take your performance and success to the next level, Ed Mylett is your go-to guy for heartfelt and honest inspiration. By using core values and personal responsibility, Ed’s words can keep you motivated and focused.
Ed Mylett is a life and business strategist, peak performance expert, and sought after keynote speaker. Not only does Ed talk the talk, he also walks the walk. He considers himself a “team-made” millionaire, giving credit to those around him who hustle just as hard as he does. His podcast, The Ed Mylett Show, is top-rated on iTunes Business, and he has nearly 2 million followers on Instagram.
Here are 10 of Ed Mylett’s most powerful quotes:
1. “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.”
Respect, trust, and loyalty aren’t free; they’re built one day at a time through honesty and integrity. People don’t respond to what you say, they respond to, and remember, what you do. Keeping your word and being a person of integrity in every part of your business leaves a lasting impression.
2. “The instant you accept responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you acquire the power to change it.”
Your success is 100% up to you. You control how you respond to situations and circumstances. The moment you embrace responsibility is the moment you begin to make opportunities for yourself and acquire the power to change your own life for the better.
3. “Where you are now in life is the sum of the decisions you’ve made.”
The decisions we make each day either move us toward our goals or further from them. Your choices have brought you to now, and the decisions you make today will determine where you go tomorrow. If you don’t like how the math of your life is adding up, you can change the sum by making different decisions starting right now.
4. “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.”
Success starts with believing that you are worthy of having what you want. But, if you don’t fundamentally like yourself, you’ll waste precious time and energy stuck in negative thought patterns. Find mentors and role models who will support you, yet also tell you the truth. Identify your superpowers and use them to the fullest. Focus your efforts on living your values and watch your self-confidence and self-esteem grow.
5. “If it’s not going to matter in 5 years, DO NOT spend more than 5 minutes being upset by it.”
Your time and energy are limited. Would you rather spend them working on things that will move you forward, or holding a grudge over something that can’t be changed and won’t matter five years from now? Wisdom comes from learning the lesson within the upsetting situation. Once you have the wisdom, you can let go of the situation and get back to working on being successful in the present.
6. “Whoever is trying to bring you down is beneath you. They can make NO IMPACT on your life as long as you don’t let them.”
You are the only person who can allow someone else to bring you down. Rising above petty situations and continuing to focus on your strengths shows others, and yourself, that you’re a person of integrity. Your feelings and pride may be hurt, but by staying professional and focused, you maintain momentum toward your goals.
7. “What you allow is what will continue.”
We teach people how to treat us in several ways. If you say negative things about yourself, others will learn it’s OK for them to say negative things about you. If you respect yourself through healthy habits and boundaries, others will learn how to respect you too. Your success depends on surrounding yourself with the right people and opportunities that allow you to learn and grow, all while being respected and supported.
8. “The thing that’s going to kill your dream is the obsession about what other people are going to think about you.”
The fastest way to doubt yourself and stop your progress is to get overly obsessed about what other people think about you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and some people will judge you. The real question is: will you let their judgment squash your passion? Remember, the judgment of others often has more to do with them and their issues, than with you.
9. “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.”
Your strength grows when you face challenging moments and decide to find a way through them. This may mean taking a step back, regrouping, adjusting your strategy, and trying another route. Or, it may mean letting go of something you really thought you wanted so it can be replaced by something bigger and better. You grow stronger by staying curious, following your intuition, and looking at challenges as opportunities.
10. “It’s what you do when you aren’t motivated that determines success or failure.”
Everyone has limits, and it’s natural for motivation to wane over time. When this happens, it’s crucial to examine your mindset. Being unmotivated happens to everyone; it’s an opportunity to look closely at when you need to power through and when you may need to step away to avoid burnout, overwhelm, or other health challenges. By balancing what absolutely must be done along with rest and relaxation time, you set yourself up for long term success.
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
4 Reinvention Strategies Leaders Can Learn From Legally Blonde
What I Learned as a Young Entrepreneur and Why You Should Take Notes
A 3 Step Process to Deal With Negative Emotions as an Entrepreneur
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Crypto News4 weeks ago
Why Defi Is Hot Right Now and How Safemoon Will Dominate Crypto
- Life2 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Non-Financial Factors to Measure Success as an Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
3 Powerful Business Growth Strategies That Help Leaders Rise Above Mediocrity
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Tips for Making the Leap From Employee to Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How Are You Defining Your Success as an Entrepreneur?
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Things I’ve Learnt From Selling Private Jets to 7 Figure Coaching Programs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Brain Dump: A Powerful Method for Increasing Productivity