Good guys don’t always win and bad guys don’t always lose. It isn’t a black and white world out there and if you think the decisions you make in your life or in your business will always be 100% right or 100% wrong, you’re going to have a hard time making decisions and taking actions to be successful!
Sometimes we need a little inspiration when we’re trying to tackle subjective terms like “success” and I for one, take my inspiration where I find it whether it’s on the movie screen, or on the back of the cereal box.
X-Men’s classic “bad guy” Magneto is a great example of learning a principle of success from a strange person in an unusual place. Sure, on the surface he generates and controls magnetic fields to manipulate metal and controls electromagnetic force fields, but did you ever wonder why he became a “bad” guy? At the core of the issue was his belief that action was the right response to dealing with obstacles (in his case, how mutants were treated).
Professor X, the classic “good guy” believed that pacifism and education was the best answer to dealing with conflict. Magneto’s choice shows us why it’s important to always stop and see why someone else chose a different path or reacts to situations differently than you do. If you can understand why they have chosen a course of action, you can take that into account in your response.
This gives you the edge.
Bad girl Mystique carries her own lesson that should be absorbed today. If you know anything about Mystique, you know she changes rapidly, shape shifting into different forms according to the needs of the moment.
How can you be like Mystique? Can you look at a situation and change your look, your words, your ideas just enough to blend in or stand out and get noticed? She’s smart and she’s fast. In today’s world opportunities come up quickly, you’ll need to be nimble on your feet and ready to change and adapt to take the best advantage of them. Long gone are the days of taking a week or more to think about your options and whether or not you might pursue an opportunity, by then someone else will have snapped it up.
Don’t worry; it isn’t all lessons learned from the “bad” guys in the X-Men world.
Cyclops, with his laser beam focus, is the X-Men team’s leader in the field. Like his eye, he focuses on what needs to be done, uses his laser focus and takes action to make things happen. One of the most common pitfalls people face today is being unfocused about where to put their energy. Multi-tasking takes over and then the force of decisions made and actions taken is diluted and people become ineffective.
We can also learn to be more like Beast, currently the Vice Principal at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning in the X-Men storyline. He has superhuman strength and stamina. He’s agile and he has super reflexes.
While we can’t get superhuman strength and stamina, we can experience more success by making the mind-body connection. Feed your body good nutrition, get regular exercise, get health goals to increase your physical fitness, but don’t forget to exercise your brain my being willing to continuously learn. Learning doesn’t start or end in a classroom or with a high school or college diploma. Whether you read books, join masterminds, listen to audio courses, take community education classes or go to school to learn a new skill, learning shouldn’t end and successful people do it for their whole life.
Then there’s Rogue.
Rogue absorbs powers, memories, and even people’s personalities through skin-to-skin contact. While we can’t do that and wouldn’t want all the trouble those powers have caused her, we can realize that we can learn from other people who have lived and been successful before us. It’s important to seek out stories from successful people in all different industries and learn from both their success and their mistakes. Why reinvent the wheel? By emulating and absorbing their memories, powers (what they’re great at) and even a little bit of the parts of their personality that helped them become successful, we can get there much faster than if we did it alone.
So, if you were paying attention, X-Men really can teach us a lot about success.
Magneto teaches us to understand that our “enemy” really might just have a different opinion, different life circumstances and a different outlook than our own. Mystique models how to adapt to any situation and be quick on your feet so you can be in the right place at the right time. Cyclops applies laser focus, leads and takes action to make things happen. Beast takes care of his mind and his body, committing to health and lifelong learning and Rogue demonstrates the power in absorbing memories, personalities and skills from those who have already learned these lessons and experienced success.
When you watch the next X-Men movie, maybe you’ll see everything a little bit differently next time. If you look, I’m sure you’ll find many more hidden lessons of success that you can apply to your own life. It’s better than reading the cereal box again, right?
Speaking of X-Men, checkout this guy who created Wolverine Claws in his own home garage! Pure Craziness!!!
Feature image originally appeared on: SciFiNow
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
Some people seem to naturally know how to effectively communicate in a group setting. They can express themselves clearly and listen attentively without dominating the conversation.
Being a powerful communicator is important for several reasons, including building and maintaining relationships, achieving goals, resolving conflicts, improving productivity, leading and influencing others, advancing in your career, expressing yourself more confidently and authentically, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Effective communication is an essential life skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life.
1. Listen actively: Practice active listening by giving your full attention to the speaker and responding to what they are saying.
2. Use “I” statements: Speak from your own perspective and avoid placing blame or making accusations.
3. Avoid assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about what the other person is thinking or feeling.
4. Be clear: Express your thoughts and feelings clearly and concisely by getting to the point and avoid using jargon or overly complex language.
5. Show empathy: Show that you understand and care about the other person’s feelings.
6. Offer valuable insights: When speaking in a group, provide a valuable takeaway or actionable item that people can walk away with.
7. Be an active listener: Listen attentively and respond accordingly, incorporating your points into the conversation.
8. Choose the right time: Pick the most opportune time to speak to ensure that you have the group’s attention and can deliver your message without interruption.
9. Be the unifying voice: Step in and unify the group’s thoughts to calm down the discussion and insert your point effectively.
10. Keep responses concise: Keep responses short and to the point to show respect for others’ time.
11. Avoid unnecessary comments: Avoid commenting on everything and only speak when you have something important to say.
12. Cut the fluff: Avoid being long-winded and get straight to the point.
13. Prepare ahead of time: Sort out your points and practice them before speaking in a group.
14. Smile and be positive: Smile and nod along as others speak, to build a positive relationship and be respected when it’s your turn to speak.
15. Take responsibility: Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
16. Ask questions: Ask questions to clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.
17. Avoid interrupting: Allow the other person to finish speaking without interruption.
18. Practice active listening: Repeat what the other person said to ensure you have understood correctly.
19. Use your body language too: Use nonverbal cues such as eye contact, facial expressions, and body language to convey your message and build rapport.
20. Be aware of the tone of your voice: it should be calm and assertive, not aggressive or passive.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can improve your communication skills and become a more powerful communicator, which can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a more fulfilling life.
I you want to learn how to become more confident in life then you can join my weekly mentorship calls and 40+ online workshops at AweBliss.com so you can master your life with more success.
Dead Men Tell No Tales: How to Navigate a Mutiny as a Leader in 10 Steps
You’re the manager. You’re the supervisor. You’re the leader. But maybe your people don’t see it that way
How to Think Like a CEO for Your Future Success
A blueprint for CEOs to draw a disciplined strategy
Strategic thinking helps CEOs build successful businesses. It helps them establish everlasting enterprises. It is one of the key elements of decision-making. It is different from strategic leadership. It differentiates between leaders from managers. (more…)
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds on positive aspects and constructive activities. Sometimes we waste our precious time mentally and physically due to distractions arising out of technology. We must understand our priorities and learn how to focus on them religiously. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Develop a Following of Passionate Fans Even Before Launch