Anybody can be successful. But most people will never be successful.
There’s tons of advice out there on how to become successful, but some of this advice may actually hold you back from accomplishing great things. There are myths surrounding success. It’s hard to be successful until some of these myths are debunked.
There are many misconceptions people have about success. These ways of thinking are holding you back from doing what’s necessary to do something that matters.
Here are five myths that are holding you back:
1. Talent doesn’t matter
Of course it does. We’ve all heard sayings like, “hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” That’s not always the case. If you’re five foot three it doesn’t matter how hard you work, you’re probably not going to play in the NBA.
It’s important to discover your strengths. Focus on what you’re good at. Hard work will push you past people who don’t work as hard as you do, but only if it’s in an area you’re suited for.
2. You have to be humble
You’re told to be humble and modest. You’re told not to draw attention to yourself because it makes you look arrogant. This form of humility is called outward humility.
Most people are humble on the outside but selfish on the inside. On the outside they appear modest but on the inside they are selfish because they think they deserve more than what they have but they aren’t willing to work for it. They will complain and wish their circumstances will change but they aren’t willing to change themselves.
Real humility comes from within. Inner humility comes from doing work. It comes from taking the time to learn and develop yourself. It comes from putting in the necessary hours and paying the price. If you’ve taken the time to improve yourself then you should be confident in your abilities.
“Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head.” – A. R. Rahman
3. Positive thinking = success
There’s a documentary called “The Secret,” and the premise of it is that all you have to do is visualize the things you want and the universe will find a way to deliver them to you. Want a new car? Place a picture of that car on your wall and visualize having it and then BOOM, you’ll have a new car.
Positive thinking is necessary, but it’s only powerful when combined with actual effort. Don’t be fooled into thinking that simply wanting success will make it a reality. Everybody wants success, but few people are willing to do the work it takes to be successful.
4. Knowledge is power
Learning opens new doors for you. The statement “knowledge is power,” is almost correct. The application of knowledge is power. It’s great to read dozens of business books, but they can’t substitute for building a business in real life. If you want to be successful, take the knowledge you’ve gained and put it to practice.
5. Fear can be conquered
You’ve been told that you have nothing to fear but fear itself. You’ve been told that you can will your way into feeling no fear. Fear never goes away, but you can learn to take action in the face of fear. You don’t necessarily defeat fear, but you work alongside it, letting it push you and keep you on your toes.
“I’m not saying that everyone should swim with sharks, but sometimes you have to jump over your own shadow in order to learn something that you will never forget for the rest of your life. Then you know you can conquer your fears.” – Heidi Klum
What are you going to do today to inch your way closer to successes? Don’t let the myths surrounding success hold you back from living the life of your dreams. Feel the fear and take action.
Use your knowledge to start taking the necessary steps to reach your goals. Build a life around your talents and strengths and have the confidence to shine brightly because you know who you are, what you want, and where you’re going.
Which myth is holding you back? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
Some people seem to naturally know how to effectively communicate in a group setting. They can express themselves clearly and listen attentively without dominating the conversation.
Being a powerful communicator is important for several reasons, including building and maintaining relationships, achieving goals, resolving conflicts, improving productivity, leading and influencing others, advancing in your career, expressing yourself more confidently and authentically, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Effective communication is an essential life skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life.
1. Listen actively: Practice active listening by giving your full attention to the speaker and responding to what they are saying.
2. Use “I” statements: Speak from your own perspective and avoid placing blame or making accusations.
3. Avoid assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about what the other person is thinking or feeling.
4. Be clear: Express your thoughts and feelings clearly and concisely by getting to the point and avoid using jargon or overly complex language.
5. Show empathy: Show that you understand and care about the other person’s feelings.
6. Offer valuable insights: When speaking in a group, provide a valuable takeaway or actionable item that people can walk away with.
7. Be an active listener: Listen attentively and respond accordingly, incorporating your points into the conversation.
8. Choose the right time: Pick the most opportune time to speak to ensure that you have the group’s attention and can deliver your message without interruption.
9. Be the unifying voice: Step in and unify the group’s thoughts to calm down the discussion and insert your point effectively.
10. Keep responses concise: Keep responses short and to the point to show respect for others’ time.
11. Avoid unnecessary comments: Avoid commenting on everything and only speak when you have something important to say.
12. Cut the fluff: Avoid being long-winded and get straight to the point.
13. Prepare ahead of time: Sort out your points and practice them before speaking in a group.
14. Smile and be positive: Smile and nod along as others speak, to build a positive relationship and be respected when it’s your turn to speak.
15. Take responsibility: Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
16. Ask questions: Ask questions to clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.
17. Avoid interrupting: Allow the other person to finish speaking without interruption.
18. Practice active listening: Repeat what the other person said to ensure you have understood correctly.
19. Use your body language too: Use nonverbal cues such as eye contact, facial expressions, and body language to convey your message and build rapport.
20. Be aware of the tone of your voice: it should be calm and assertive, not aggressive or passive.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can improve your communication skills and become a more powerful communicator, which can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a more fulfilling life.
I you want to learn how to become more confident in life then you can join my weekly mentorship calls and 40+ online workshops at AweBliss.com so you can master your life with more success.
Dead Men Tell No Tales: How to Navigate a Mutiny as a Leader in 10 Steps
You’re the manager. You’re the supervisor. You’re the leader. But maybe your people don’t see it that way
How to Think Like a CEO for Your Future Success
A blueprint for CEOs to draw a disciplined strategy
Strategic thinking helps CEOs build successful businesses. It helps them establish everlasting enterprises. It is one of the key elements of decision-making. It is different from strategic leadership. It differentiates between leaders from managers. (more…)
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds on positive aspects and constructive activities. Sometimes we waste our precious time mentally and physically due to distractions arising out of technology. We must understand our priorities and learn how to focus on them religiously. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Develop a Following of Passionate Fans Even Before Launch