Have you ever heard someone say that talent is the key to success? I haven’t and even writing it right now sounds weird. Yes, talent is an advantage in many situations, but this world is flooded with broke talented people so let’s not sweat that too much. You can develop obsession which beats talent and squeezes you the best juice of your success.
Have you ever felt the need to get something or become someone? You were waking up thinking about it, while you ate; it was on your mind 24/7, and you felt obsessed. This driven force is the power we all need to break through and score like self-made champions. It is the state of mind which you can literally develop within yourself and use all the benefits without being discouraged by not having as much talent as others.
Since I know I am not the only one who has seen people with nothing, make it to the top with their obsession, I have listed 4 ways which can be essential to your success and substitute the lack of talent you are missing:
1. No space for complaining
The first place you want to start to work on is your mind and mindset. Remember that no one cares what you are complaining about and it is only limiting your potential. Since a positive mental attitude is a crucial step to make up for not being the most talented person in the room, think twice before you decide to slip again and draw in negativity.
Years ago, my mind was very dark and pessimistic. I kept thinking about the worst, which filled me up with anger and robbed me of any hope for a better life. My outcome was, as you can imagine, as dark as my mind because I designed it this way.
Having negative thoughts from time to time is part of being a human since we all get upset or frustrated. The important thing here is to realize it and change your thoughts instantly. If you catch yourself thinking negative, name 3 things which you are grateful for on the spot. What happens is that you will change your mental state and after a few attempts, it will become a habit. If you master your mind, you can practically learn anything.
“Be obsessed or be average” – Grant Cardone
2. No feelings. Pure focus
No. I am not trying to tell you to become a monster who doesn’t feel anything. What I mean by this is that many people put too much importance on their feelings which then, defines their results. Feeling of being tired, feeling of frustration, and feeling of not having enough time for fun. If you want to beat any obstacle on your journey, you have to accept the fact that no matter how you feel, you must go on.
You must push forward; you must do this one extra task, resolve one additional problem. You’ll discover that when you direct your focus more to what you need to do than the way you currently feel. Most of the time you forget about your lousy mental state and enjoy accomplishing and resolving things which matter.
3. Become the hardest worker you can be
Nothing beats the talent better than hard work and hustle. Build strong work moral, and you will be able to beat anyone and anything. Even if you currently work at the job you don’t like and plan to quit there, still give it 100%. Not because of the company, your colleagues or your egocentric boss but because of yourself. It will build up your reputation and your confidence. From this point on you’ll know that you did your best possible and eventually you will do the best in everything.
Adapt to an attitude of a hustler and a hard worker. It will help you keep moving forward when you are tired or exhausted. I bet you already know that nothing brings more satisfaction and results than work well done. Yes, the mindset is critical, yes belief is something you must have, but if you don’t put enough action in it and become persistent, you will hardly see any real results. Commitment and dedication to what you want are one of the most crucial keys to beating the talent you are lacking.
“Determination becomes obsession and then it becomes all that matters.” – Jeremy Irvine
4. Find your strengths and practice until you create a talent
Another key thing to do is to find your strengths and use them. People often focus on what they don’t know and what they suck at. When you build a business online or offline, you are not going to know everything. That’s why you hire people or ask for help from close ones, and you focus on things you are good at.
After you do that, practice. I can’t stress enough how committed practice and consistent training will improve your skill set and affect the overall result. Talent is nothing compared to dedication and perseverance one person can develop and master. Do you think that those great athletes and sports stars become who they are just because the runner was born with long legs and basketball player tall? NO! They have thousands of hours of practice behind them, and that made them the best.
What is your obsession? What is your strength? Share your story with us and leave a comment below!
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
Some people seem to naturally know how to effectively communicate in a group setting. They can express themselves clearly and listen attentively without dominating the conversation.
Being a powerful communicator is important for several reasons, including building and maintaining relationships, achieving goals, resolving conflicts, improving productivity, leading and influencing others, advancing in your career, expressing yourself more confidently and authentically, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Effective communication is an essential life skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life.
1. Listen actively: Practice active listening by giving your full attention to the speaker and responding to what they are saying.
2. Use “I” statements: Speak from your own perspective and avoid placing blame or making accusations.
3. Avoid assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about what the other person is thinking or feeling.
4. Be clear: Express your thoughts and feelings clearly and concisely by getting to the point and avoid using jargon or overly complex language.
5. Show empathy: Show that you understand and care about the other person’s feelings.
6. Offer valuable insights: When speaking in a group, provide a valuable takeaway or actionable item that people can walk away with.
7. Be an active listener: Listen attentively and respond accordingly, incorporating your points into the conversation.
8. Choose the right time: Pick the most opportune time to speak to ensure that you have the group’s attention and can deliver your message without interruption.
9. Be the unifying voice: Step in and unify the group’s thoughts to calm down the discussion and insert your point effectively.
10. Keep responses concise: Keep responses short and to the point to show respect for others’ time.
11. Avoid unnecessary comments: Avoid commenting on everything and only speak when you have something important to say.
12. Cut the fluff: Avoid being long-winded and get straight to the point.
13. Prepare ahead of time: Sort out your points and practice them before speaking in a group.
14. Smile and be positive: Smile and nod along as others speak, to build a positive relationship and be respected when it’s your turn to speak.
15. Take responsibility: Take responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
16. Ask questions: Ask questions to clarify any confusion or misunderstandings.
17. Avoid interrupting: Allow the other person to finish speaking without interruption.
18. Practice active listening: Repeat what the other person said to ensure you have understood correctly.
19. Use your body language too: Use nonverbal cues such as eye contact, facial expressions, and body language to convey your message and build rapport.
20. Be aware of the tone of your voice: it should be calm and assertive, not aggressive or passive.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can improve your communication skills and become a more powerful communicator, which can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a more fulfilling life.
I you want to learn how to become more confident in life then you can join my weekly mentorship calls and 40+ online workshops at AweBliss.com so you can master your life with more success.
Dead Men Tell No Tales: How to Navigate a Mutiny as a Leader in 10 Steps
You’re the manager. You’re the supervisor. You’re the leader. But maybe your people don’t see it that way
How to Think Like a CEO for Your Future Success
A blueprint for CEOs to draw a disciplined strategy
Strategic thinking helps CEOs build successful businesses. It helps them establish everlasting enterprises. It is one of the key elements of decision-making. It is different from strategic leadership. It differentiates between leaders from managers. (more…)
How to Focus Your Mind on Your Goals in 2023 Constructively
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds
In this world of distractions due to information overload, it has become a big challenge to focus our minds on positive aspects and constructive activities. Sometimes we waste our precious time mentally and physically due to distractions arising out of technology. We must understand our priorities and learn how to focus on them religiously. (more…)
Failing is More Important Than Succeeding
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Why Entrepreneurial Innovation Matters More Than Ever
20 Ways You Can Become a Powerful Communicator
5 Indicators of Unresolved Attachment Trauma
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Stand Out as a Leader in 2023 & Beyond
Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
How You Can Start Networking in Style in 2023
Life4 weeks ago
The 7 Hidden Signs You’re Self-Sabotaging Your Progress
Success Advice3 weeks ago
The Dark Side of Success: How to Identify and Avoid Toxic Leaders
Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Every Successful Business Needs a Co-founder
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Fast Track Your Career for Guaranteed Success
Life2 weeks ago
Grit: The Key to Your Ultimate Greatness
Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
How to Lose a Team in 10 Days: Are You a True Leader?