Here are 101 ways to make a living online.
Like To Talk?
1. Blog for Ad Revenue – Start a blog on a topic you love, build up a reader base and make money from ads on your site.
2. Be a Forum Moderator – Keep out the spam and build a community and you can earn a little cash on the side moderating forums.
3. Write Articles for Websites – Content is King on websites. Keeping sites updated with fresh, high quality content is a chore for website owners and often outsourced. If you’re a good writer with experience in an area you can make a living off of it.
4. Be a Guest Author – Some higher quality sites will pay between $50 – $400 for a solid article on a topic their readers are interested in. The results are never assured with this method, but the rewards are much higher.
5. Get Paid to Post in Forums – No one wants to post in an empty forum, so webmaster will hire forum posters to help kick start their forum and make it look active. Get paid between $0.10 – $0.25 per post to help get a forum started.
6. Start a Podcast – Basically the same as with a blog, but with audio or video. Talk about what you want and make money from the ads.
7. Get Paid for Forums You Already Talk On – Many forums offer a revenue share program where you can run your own ads on threads you create. This is something Destroy Debt offers. Take advantage of it.
8. Translate Documents – Automated translation is no substitute for humans. If you speak a second language, translate documents and get paid.
9. Be a Life coach or Counselor – Many people would rather talk to a counselor through the safety of the Internet. Offer your advice at an hourly rate.
Are You A Gamer?
10. Farm Gold – Regardless of which online game you like to play there’s always people selling in game money for real money. It may be against the terms of the game but it isn’t illegal. Just make sure you’re making more than your subscription fee.
11. Participate in Gaming Tournaments – If you’re good enough consider entering gaming tournaments. Several of them give away serious cash and prizes.
12. Buy In-Game Real Estate – This was popularized by Second Life. Buy and develop land in the game and it can fetch you cash in the real world. You could become a millionaire like Ansche Chung.
13. Open an In-Game Store – Another one from Second-Life. Many people have made big bucks selling tshirts, pets, and just about anything else you can imagine in the game.
14. Be a Tester – A paid game testing job is hard to come by, since so many people will do it for free, but they do exist.
Would You Like To Be A Middle Man?
15. Put a US Face on an Overseas Business – People outsource overseas because it’s much cheaper. However due to communication problems and some bad experience people are also weary of it. Find some workers overseas you can trust who have a particular talent, and open a US store front offering that service. Charge the premium rates for a US company and “oversee” the overseas work.
16. Organize Forum Posters – When starting a forum many webmasters will hire posters to get it started. Paying 50 people $5 each is a pain and you never know the kind of work you’ll get. Put together a team and provide a one stop shop for webmasters.
17. Offer Client Referral Exchanges – Programmers often will get more projects at one time than they can handle and have to refer them off. Pay these programmers 10% to refer clients to you, and charge other developers 20% to send referrals to them. Pocket the difference. The same is true with other professions.
18. Be a Link Broker – Many people want to buy quality links for their websites while others want to sell them. Be the middleman to make these connections and make a profit on the price difference.
19. Sell Websites and Domains for Others – Some people have quality websites or domains but either don’t know how or don’t have the time to go about selling them. Provide this service and charge a 10% fee.
20. Refer Others to Jobs – Many firms will pay referral bonuses of $500-$1,000+ for referring the right candidate for a job. Develop relationships with recruiters and scour job boards for candidates that fit. Make the connection and pocket the cash.
Can You Program?
21. Write Software for Resale – I’ve personally bought tools on a number of occasions I knew I could write myself just because they were cheap enough to justify buying them instead of spending the time to write it.
22. Write a Web Component – I’m sure you’ve bought fancy drop down menus, charting, comboboxes, etc before. If not with your own money than for a project at work. Write a component like this and sell it.
23. Develop Websites for Others – This is kind of a no-brainer. Do some side work, you can probably charge 2-3x per hour what you get paid for your day job. Sites like Rent A Coder and Elance can put you in contact with buyers.
24. Automate Manual Jobs and Charge per Job – I’ve seen several people asking for forms to be populated from Google Maps or Yahoo Answers data. Write a quick app to do this, but charge per entry the same as if you were manually doing it.
25. Extend Existing Software – Create a plugin, build a storefront package on top of Amazon Web Services, make a bulletin board system more SEO friendly, or whatever you dream up. By extending the functionality of existing software, you can quickly build a user base.
26. Start Your Own Search Engine – Not from scratch, Google provides a great API for you to build your own custom search engine. Build one around a certain topic, provide a better design or give out random prizes. When people search from your site and click on the ads, you get credit.
27. Build Canned Websites for Resell – Create a website for a particular industry once, give it a descent admin and then resell copies of it over and over. Just swap out the logo, a few images and you’re good to go. This works especially well for affiliate marketing websites.
Ever Heard Of eBay?
28. Sell Your Junk on Ebay – The packaging and mailing is a pain, but it sure beats having a garage sale.
29. Buy Other Peoples Junk and Sell it on Ebay – Go to garage sales and resell for higher, or buy bulk discontinued items and sell them off individually.
30. Sell Other Peoples Junk on Ebay for Them – There’s a store on virtually every corner that does this now. Why not you?
31. Create a Virtual Store on Ebay with Drop Shipping – Create a wide storefront with tons of products. The beauty is, by working with a private label drop shipping company you don’t have to actually have these products. Just order one when you make a sale and they’ll ship it out for you, with your name on it. You don’t have to deal with the packaging either!
Don’t Mind Working In The Real World?
32. Take Stock Photos – Take clever photographs and sell them for stock photos on other websites. Sites like iStockPhoto.com allow you to sell the same photo to hundreds of websites.
33. Make Stuff to Sell Online – If you can quilt, sew, work with wood or are descent at any other task, you can make it and sell it online.
34. Enter Data for Google Maps – Google is currently paying people to take photos of businesses and enter basic data such as hours of operation. Go to the local business complex next to the grocery store and you can knock out 50 of these in a few hours.
Got Some Money To Invest?
35. Flip Websites or Domains – There are countless websites and domains for sell every day at places like DigitalPoint, SitePoint and DnForum. Find the bargains and turn them around for a quick profit.
36. Buy Profitable Websites and Keep Them – The standard going price for a small profitable website is 10-12 months earnings. Buy some gems, hang onto them past 10-12 months and reap the benefits.
37. Learn the Art of PPC Arbitrage – Put up a simple website that has ads, affiliate programs or some other source of revenue. If you can find the right terms and buy traffic to the site cheap enough, it’s possible to make a profit on the difference on what you buy the traffic for and what you sell it for.
38. Become a Day Trader – Better know what you’re doing on this one because it’s just as easy to loose money with it as make it. But it can be quite profitable if you know what you’re doing.
39. Convert E-Currency – There are several forum posts everyday for people who want to convert some EGold money into Paypal money, etc. Offer this service and charge a 5%-10% fee for it.
40. Buy a Fancy Machine – Buy a high tech printer, engraver or automated sewing machine and charge people for the items you can produce with it.
Good With Photoshop?
41. Design Logos – Every good business needs a good logo. You may be just the person to provide it.
42. Design Websites – Why stop with the logo, entire websites need to be designed. I am horrible at design so hired Evermark to design this site. Other webmasters are hiring too.
43. Design Ads – Webmasters still need design work after the site is created. Create banners and other professional ads for websites.
44. Draw Cartoons – You may have noticed our section of debt cartoons. I can tell you I didn’t draw them, it was Dan from GibbleGuts.com. Start your own cartoon business.
45. Design T-Shirts – Come up with a nice image or some interesting text and sites like CafePress will help you slap it on a t-shirt and sell it.
46. Design a Seal – Here’s a little secret, most of those “authority seals” you see really don’t mean anything. They just look like they give a site credibility, so webmasters are willing to buy them because they improve the conversion rate. Create your own, make up some guidelines and charge $300 for websites to use it.
47. Create Digital Scrap Booking Templates – People love to scrapbook and some prefer to do it on the computer. Create templates for every occasion that allow your customers to just slide in their own photos.
48. Make Clipart and Icons – People still need these. Another option is comment graphics for sites like MySpace. Build packages of these, give a few away for free and sell the rest.
49. Create MySpace Backgrounds – Don’t stop at the comment tags. Myspace is a gold mine for selling simple customizations if you’re good at it. Create some nice backgrounds and cash in.
50. Make Photoshop Brushes and Filters – If you’re a true wiz at Photoshop, extend its functionality and you can make a fortune.
Have An Artistic Touch?
51. Edit Photos for Others – You can restore old photos, or give existing ones an artistic touch, nice frame, etc. My brother offers this service for kid’s sports pictures at Zongker Team Pics.
52. Create Video Montages – Have people email you a stack of photos and put together a nice DVD to music for weddings, anniversaries, reunions, funerals, etc.
53. Create Photo Mosaics – You know those nifty pictures that are made up from 500 smaller pictures. Have customers send you the digital images they want to use and you can create these automatically with software like Andrea Mosaic.
54. Record Songs and Sell Online – That is if you don’t suck. With online downloads, record labels are becoming a thing of the past. If you got the goods, sell it online at places like Arkade.
55. Sell Artwork Online – If you can paint, draw, sketch, make caricatures, etc try selling them online. You may be surprised how many people are willing to buy it.
56. Compose Midi’s – Create either your own original creation or your interpretation of more popular songs and sell them as midi’s or ring tones.
57. Make Videos – Sites like Revver and Break will share ad revenue or even pay you for your videos. Make something clever and upload it.
58. Contribute to a Collection – Whether it’s a recipe, short story, poem or whatever. You may not be able to sell it alone, but could get royalties from contributing it to a collection.
Have More Time Than Talent?
59. Submit to Social Bookmarking Sites – Just look at the Digital Point Forums and you’ll see tons of people paying for someone to Digg or Stumble their site. You’ll be considered the scum of the earth by the users of these sites, but will have a few extra bucks in your pocket.
60. Get Paid to Surf – You won’t make much, you’ll be giving up your privacy and possibly be installing malware, but this list wouldn’t be complete without the obligatory get paid to surf reference.
61. Take Surveys – A few sites will pay you to complete surveys. Not always in cash, but sometimes you can get free samples or points to buy products with.
62. Get Free Samples – You probably won’t find free cash, but hey stock up on all the free samples, mouse pads and other junk you can find! There are tons of freebie sites who’ve done the hard work of finding these freebies for you.
63. Enter Contests – If you’ve got some time to kill, enter a few contests. You may not win the beach house, but I’ve personally won free pizza’s, cell phone accessories and flowers from some local online contests.
64. Data Entry – Here’s ole faithful. People often need data moved from one type of document to another, or written/verbal notes dictated. It’s work pretty much anyone can do.
65. Become a Virtual Assistant – Occasionally people want research done on anything from finding a certain car but don’t have time to do it themselves. Provide this research service for them and charge by the hour. It’s a real industry with it’s own organization.
66. Get Paid to Search – With sites like Winzy you can win prizes for searching.
Do You Know HTML?
67. Make Blog/Forum Templates – Pick a popular blog or forum software, design some nice templates for it and sell them.
68. Create MySpace Layouts – This is essentially the same task as the blog templates, but an entirely different market. You may even be able to reuse the same template for both purposes.
69. Start an Online Store – Order products wholesale, or drop shipped and create your own storefront.
70. Start an Affiliate Website – Don’t want to deal with the headaches of selling your own products? Refer visitors to someone else’s products and earn a commission.
71. Open a Virtual Storefront – Building your own affiliate site is still too much work for you? Then don’t, open a virtual storefront hosted by someone else, using sites like Art.com and CardCommission.com.
72. Offer Paid Reviews From Your Website – Other website owners will pay you to review their website on your site or blog. Make from $10-$50 each or more by offering these reviews.
73. Start a Directory – Build up a quality listing of sites on a given topic and get other sites to link to this resource. Then start selling premium listings in this directory.
Are You Tech Savvy?
74. Resell Web Hosting – You can find several sites offering reseller hosting packages atWebHostingTalk. You just rent the server space, split it up and resell it. Occasional support is required.
75. Host Game or Chat Servers – Set up a Linux box in a datacenter and you can run voice chat and game servers off of it that are available 24×7. People will pay to use them.
76. Host Forums – There’s software like SebFlipper that will allow you to host hundreds of separate forums from a single web server. Charge your members to host a forum with you, or offer it for free and run ads on all the pages.
77. Install Applications for Others – People are constantly getting hung up and asking for help with installs on websites. Install software for them and charge a fee for it.
78. Answer Tech Questions – Sites like ExpertBee provide a place for people to ask questions and specify a price they will pay for the answer.
79. Start an Uptime Monitoring Service – There’s software packages out there that will check a website for uptime, send alerts and provide reports. Buy one of these packages and resell the hosted service.
80. Offer Hosted Email – Setting up an email server, blocking spam and making sure it’s locked to relaying is a pain for most webmasters. Provide an easy way for them to outsource the whole service to you.
81. Provide Application Testing – Manually test websites on different OS and browser combinations and provide a report of your findings.
82. Provide Load Testing – Put a heavy traffic load against websites an provide a report of how it responded.
83. Offer an Offsite Backup Service – Rent a server and massive amounts of storage space from a datacenter and provide remote storage space via FTP or other method for a monthly fee per gigabyte of storage.
84. Start a Domain Registrar – Sites like TuCows will let you create your own private label domain registrar where you’ll benefit from not only the initial sale, but from renewals.
85. Sell SSL Certificates – Another service offered by TuCows and others is the ability to resell SSL certificates.
Have A Knack For SEO?
86. Be a Link Builder – Someone who can find good quality links for a website is worth their weight in gold. Become a link builder and charge per link or by the hour.
87. Submit to Directories – Filling out the forms to submit to directories is a pain but important for webmasters. Most will gladly pay to have someone else do it for them.
88. Be a Consultant – Review websites and recommend changes to help improve search engine rankings. Slap it together in a professional looking report and you can charge several hundred to a few thousand dollars per website.
Know Something About Something?
89. Become an About.com Guide – About.com will pay you a very nice percentage of ad revenue from the section you’re a guide of.
90. Write eBooks – These are hard to sell but if you really have the info others want you can make it work.
91. Teach an Online Course – Many colleges are looking for part time teachers for both their online and in-classroom courses.
92. Sell Instructional Videos – It’s got to be something people want, but if you’re truly an expert on a topic, others will pay to learn what you know.
93. Start a Subscription Website – Provide new scrapbooking techniques, recipes or any other advice on a regular basis and charge for a membership.
Are You Opinionated?
94. Review Software – Developers are looking for honest feedback on their work and are willing to pay for it. Use a site like SoftwareJudge to get paid for providing this feedback.
Don’t Have A Conscience?
95. MySpace Blast People – Create an account, recruit all the friends you can and then send them bulletins with advertisements. You’ll loose a lot of ‘friends’ but you will make some money at it.
96. Do Homework for Others – It’s completely wrong of course, but you can get paid to do it.
Don’t Mind Annoying Your Friends?
97. Sell Products Via Email – Gone are the days of Avon, Tupperware and Arbonne parties. Just email your friends and family the the current specials and have them email back the orders.
98. Send Out Cards – Another great program for marketing to your friend and family is SendOutCards. They send out physical Christmas, birthday and other cards on your behalf and pay for referrals.
99. Refer Them to Surveys – Not only can you fill out surveys yourself, now there’s a second tier where you can refer friends to take surveys and earn money and gifts for doing so.
Don’t Want To Actually Work?
100. Sell Unused CPU Cycles – Why do work yourself when your computer will do it for you? Sites likeCPU Share let you sell your extra computer cycles. Just make sure you’re making enough to cover the cost of electricity.
Want More Traditional Work?
101. Telecommute – Hit up your favorite online job board for jobs marked as telecommute. Most you can do entirely online from your home.
5 Steps to Financial Mindfulness
5Financial mindfulness might sound like some vague abstraction, but it’s really a simple concept. The idea is that when you increase your awareness of not just your spending habits but your thoughts and feelings about money itself, you can have a better relationship with your finances.
Achieving financial mindfulness isn’t linear. It’s a mix of both practical and emotional approaches — building up your financial health with tangible tips, but also decluttering your mind and building up your self-esteem. Essentially, by taking ownership of your actions and thoughts, you can achieve true financial mindfulness.
Here, you’ll find just a handful of tips to get you started on the path of financial mindfulness:
1. Look at your income objectively
We often look at our paychecks disapprovingly. Maybe we wish we had made more; maybe we’re cursing Uncle Sam for taking a bigger chunk than we expected. But when it comes to financial mindfulness, you can’t get caught up in the emotion of your paycheck. When you stop worrying about how much money you don’t have and start focusing on what you do have, you can have a clearer outlook and a better relationship with your financial situation overall.
2. Assess what you’ve been avoiding
Whether it’s that credit card bill, student loan or empty savings account, look at it, and I guarantee you’ll feel less stressed about it. How so? Well, whether it’s finances or a fight with your partner, problems seem to get bigger when you avoid acting. So, when it comes to your financial health, be mindful of the things you’ve been avoiding.
For example, maybe you’ve been afraid to look at your credit score because you missed a few payments and think it’s gone down. Today, many credit card companies offer a dashboard to access your credit score and interact with it so it feels less like an arbitrary number and more like something you can control.
Many times, you can even play with metrics to see how making changes to your habits or payments can affect your score. So, whether it’s your credit score or your savings account, by confronting what you’ve been afraid to know or deal with, you put the power to take control back in your own hands.
3. Build up your financial self-esteem
Setting large financial goals are like setting New Year’s resolutions — if they’re too big, you’re never going to get around to doing them. So, if you want to start saving money, start by making the effort to put away just 5% every month. While this might seem like a small amount, the mindful act of doing so is going to kick-start your goal and build up your self-esteem. Once that happens, you’ll be able to set bigger goals, too.
4. Clean house
Literally, clean your house. Make it a seasonal habit of going through your closet, your pantry and your home and taking an assessment of what you already have. When you can see all of your possessions, it’s easier to be mindful of what you actually need and helps eliminate frivolous spending.
“All money is a matter of belief.” – Adam Smith
5. Think before you swipe
A lot of experts will tell you to carry around cash so you can be more mindful of spending. But the fact of the matter is, that’s not always practical. What you can do however, is make a mental note every time you swipe. The action of being more conscious and less distracted while swiping can really help you feel more in control.
Think about it like this — you start buying $4 cappuccinos on your way to work while commuting with a coworker. For the first few swipes, it might seem like just a few bucks. But if you start taking the time to mentally check in while swiping, you’ll start to realize what that money can add up to in the long run.
Either that’s money you could be saving and allocating towards bills, or simply be putting to use on things you’d enjoy more. When you’re mindful, you have more choices.
How Video Games Made Me A Multi-Millionaire
How I made $3M in 15 weeks with a brand new business.
And how video game theory made me a multi-millionaire…
First, let me clarify – this isn’t my first company, but that shouldn’t distract you from the true and honest reality that you can replicate what I am about to teach you.
Yet before I lay out a strategy, let me warn you, if you have never played an RPG video game, like Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo II™, then the following will likely fly right over your head and you should download any RPG game that has a SKILL TREE and here is why…
In life everything you do, unlocks new opportunities, yet every single business strategy, project management system, and business framework I have seen, fail to incorporate this fundamental reality into their daily business operations.
And this is where game theory and specifically the importance of understanding how skill trees in popular RPG video games play a critical role in my past success and soon to be yours.
Every game ever, shows you the ENTIRE skill tree, and allows for you to see the end destination and the beginning of the decision you are about to make.
You put a skill point into “Firebolt” and then level it up to say level 5, and you unlock “Firewall”, repeat, and you unlock “Meteor” and so on and so forth, but because you can see the entire skill tree, you know where to put your skill points in order to unlock the most powerful skills as early as possible.
Now for those of you that are lost in all this video game jargon, essentially in video games, as you level up through quests or fighting monsters you gain experience, similar to how you do in real life reading books and reading or watching “How To” videos and articles on the internet to learn about a new skill, industry, or craft like marketing or copywriting for instance.
The more time you invest, the greater your experience and hopefully your skill, and just like how in real life your resume builds up, you unlock higher and higher paying jobs based on your skill level and accolades; In video games, specifically RPG games, it is the exact same.
This entire methodology however is simplified for children of all ages to play, and that is where the genius of game theory applies to building easy to execute business plans that anyone can follow to achieve wealth and rapid growth, while at the same time avoiding many of the pit falls and traps that kill motivation and businesses before they have a chance to truly thrive in the world.
So what is so genius about this “game theory” I keep referring to?
It is the very categorization by gaming companies and how they layout objectives in such a simple and intuitive way that a child as young as 6 years old, can recognize and make not only the correct decision, but also achieve taking the shortest path to success if they know only the starting point and the desired end result – that is so absolutely genius.
“The definition of genius is taking the complex and making it simple.” – Albert Einstein
As Albert Einstein says, genius is in the simplest of practices, but the irony is that many are mislead by gurus pushing complex solutions to create the illusion of authority and prestige, and as a consequence (even those of you reading this) will overlook simple executable systems that all age ranges and backgrounds can follow, because their simplicity makes you so wary and cautious of their efficacy because of your prior conditioning to look for complex solutions over those that simply and directly solve your problems.
This symptom of being conditioned to only give attention to complex solutions, is a corrosive dogmatic ideology that has created a disease I like to call “analysis paralysis” amongst every day people and especially entrepreneurs and business executives of whom I coach with great frequency, to help recover from this metaphorical paralysis that can cost millions or worse – their business.
So in order to help you now, to help you understand the value of the solution I am about to outline below, you have to consciously make a single commitment to me while reading this, you have to take a deep breath and blink three times.
And while I could go into the psychology as to why this will help you remember what I am about to say, I will keep it short – you have been reading this long article of text, straining your eyes, while constantly both consciously and subconsciously connecting different phrases and key points made above against your wealth of personal life experiences to determine how well they either do or do not relate to you. You do this in order to determine if you can exact true actionable value in this post that will help you get ahead or solve a problem – all actions which naturally stress you out and lessen your attention span.
We, humans are natural problem solvers with an innate desire to win.
So by a simple micro-commitment to your future, such as blinking three times to give your eyes a short break and taking a deep breath (which you may or may not have noticed you have decreased the frequency and depth of your breathing when you started focusing on this article,) will all help combat the stress chemical (cortisol) in the brain, and increase overall retention. After all, the classes you were likely best at in high school and perhaps college (if you attended), were the classes you had the most fun in. Where you smiled and laughed the most, both two textbook reactions that release serotonin and dopamine (the happy chemicals) that kill cortisol (the stress chemical) and help you not only narrow in your focus, but also greatly retain more information.
Fascinating, right? Now STOP!
Pay attention or everything you have read to this point will vanish and be forgotten in the void a thousand new experiences, you are bound to experience today. HOWEVER, if you are committed to making a positive change in your life, if you are committed towards your future success, get closer to the screen, stop skimming the text and read WORD by WORD, for I fear if you do anything else, you may miss the simplicity of the solution I am about to provide by your haste to get to the end.
Each word I use from here on out is carefully crafted and I implore you to re-read not only the following section but the entirety of this article again, and then in the company of friends, to thoroughly retain and then talk over the strategy covered until YOU fully understand – this is for YOU – not THEM.
Step 1 – Start with the end in mind, but leap with clear conscious where others misguidedly step
In game theory and in this article, I gave you a glimpse about the depth of the topic we would dive into at the start in order to prepare you for the next set of information and the next and so on. In game theory, this is no different than you having a basic skill such as typing on a keyboard, which aids you in being able to complete more complex tasks such as navigating the internet, blogging, copywriting, and more. Every bit of prior information and experience, unlocks the next opportunity.
For those of you feeling numbed by the common sense above, thinking “of course you need to know how to type before you can navigate the internet” you have already failed this lesson. For you could never type and instead use speech or any variety of inputs such as a simple computer mouse to complete the task… and this is where you need to kill past prejudice about the simplicity of things, to allow for the genius of game theory come to life.
Having a firm and CLEAR understanding of where your starting point is (where you currently are now in your life at the time of reading this), and the resources that are available to you like money, time, and assets in the form of experience or relationships that you can withdraw from ( know that every relationship is like a bank account that can go bankrupt ) for any of the prior mentioned resources, and MAPPING all of these resources out before you, is the single most IMPORTANT action you can EVER do because…
It allows you to identify your ORIGIN, ground zero, your base, the lowest point at which you will ever be if you are truly investing in yourself and have already started taking notes with a pen and paper by this point of the article.
You need to write down, all of the resources I mentioned above, how you spend your time, your income, the valuable assets you have from the device you are reading this on, to your car and any other miscellaneous valuable things in your possession including junk which could be repurposed ( this list will be LONG ) and any valuable connections, etc.
STOP! Remember how I said genius is in simplicity?
Why are you falling into the SAME TRAP of pursuing complex solutions?
Consider for a moment, how can you know what is valuable or what you should write down when you DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOUR GOAL?!
I gave you a NEW PROBLEM disguised as a solution that you believed would advance you closer to your GOALS, without giving any context as to what is considered valuable. Subconsciously in your innate desire to win and solve the problem, you already started thinking of things – or worse, already committed to writing them down without knowing the END GOAL of why you are writing anything down to begin with.
Again, and this is the last time I will test you, as any room for future confusion will only hurt your ability to learn what you need to from this experience, you need to LISTEN and become a student. Kill any and all form of ego, pride, and status you believe you have – only through abandoning those distractions will you reveal your ORIGIN and with complete and total CLARITY, understand that you are truly at the STARTING point and no closer nor farther away.
It is incredibly important that for the purpose of the remainder of this article you think about nothing else but YOURSELF and reflect on everything I will say in the context of where YOU want to go with YOUR LIFE in the context of the two following questions :
What fulfills YOU, makes you HAPPY?
Who do YOU want to be in the FUTURE?
Take your time to answer both of these before continuing to read the remaining steps to understanding the genius of game theory and how to apply it in the context of YOUR LIFE, because any LACK OF CLARITY will cause you to misstep, instead of take the actions that will progress you by LEAPS and bounds closer towards your goal.
Once you have a CLEAR idea of what the answer to both of these questions is, write them down. It doesn’t have to be organized in any way, it doesn’t need to be even in complete sentences or even words at all, it can be in any form that makes sense to YOU. Remember, this is not for others, this is for YOU and how YOU hit your life goals.
Once you have your answers written down, a FUTURE is created. Now we can get to work – as you now have both pieces that are NECESSARY to successfully utilize game theory to it’s fullest extent as I have to achieve success.
You have an ORIGIN and a DESTINATION, the two points that even a 6 year old can connect the dots between to find the shortest path.
Remember how I said ego, pride, and the status you believe you have would only serve to distract you?
Do any of those things truly matter if a 6 year old is on the same playing field as you at being able to connect the dots between two points?
That is why I told you, to be a student, a BLANK SLATE, as are children who are still eager to learn how the world works.
Now get ready for the GAME part of the theory.
Final Step – Work Backwards From Failure
This is how NASA put a man on the moon, they used game theory, defining the two points above, to discover their ORIGIN and their END POINT, and then proceeded to work backwards from failure.
Luckily, achieving your goals is likely easier than putting a man on the moon. If what you are about to read is properly followed, you will learn the system by which even NASA and the billionaire elite operate, as well as 6 year old children who all realize that FAILURE is only the temporary status of a MISUNDERSTOOD dependency of SUCCESS.
Consider for a moment, you have both the INPUT and OUTPUT of a PROBLEM, does it matter what you put in-between as long as the ORIGIN equals the DESTINATION in the end?
If I have a desire to make 382.18 equal 3,000,000 does it matter whether I use multiplication, division, addition, subtraction or any other process in-between to make the numbers equal one another in the end?
And when you realize how powerful that concept is, you will have fully grasped the power of game theory and how anything becomes possible for anyone with the willingness to UNDERSTAND that FAILURE is only a TEMPORARY status of a MISUNDERSTOOD dependency of SUCCESS.
To put it plainly, the secret to success is not wealth, money, status, or power – it is through finding fulfillment through understanding failure.
It may take you a few years to fully grasp that last statement, but if you know the ORIGIN and the desired DESTINATION of any given problem, then all that’s left is to work backwards from failure.
Pay special attention to what I am about to say next.
Most people when they start a project, they just dive in and try to build as they go versus looking at the entire landscape to see where the points of resistance, obstacles, and death traps are.
DO NOT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!
Furthermore, most business owners and consultants tend to create roadmaps for businesses from the ORIGIN, however this is an incredibly TOXIC and limiting approach to scaling any company.
Consider this, if I asked you how to build a $100M million dollar company right now, would you know which questions to ask yourself and which actions you should do first in order to have the GREATEST IMPACT for the LEAST amount of capital or resources?
No, because you are thinking from the BOTTOM UP, you essentially are forced to think small because you are likely looking at your available resources and going “what can I initially build with X tiny budget to make more money so I can afford the next step”.
And just that question alone, can create “analysis paralysis” where you are so caught up in trying to make the right decision with what little funds or resources you may have, that you unintentionally stress yourself out as a result, and make rash emotionally clouded decisions.
However, if you follow game theory and instead worked BACKWARDS from your DESTINATION/GOAL, and repeatedly asked yourself the question of, “What ways can I achieve this?”, then instead of having to constantly try and figure out what the next step is or even beat yourself up whether you are asking the right question, all you have to do is continuously list actions that are necessary to achieve the last step.
You solve for failure.
To achieve this GOAL, I can do A, B, or C action to get there, and to A,B, or C action, these are the things I need to do in order to make sure those happen, and so on and so forth. You KEEP DOING THIS until you can not break down the dependencies (requirements) of any one action any further.
And without you even knowing it, you will have discovered that the actions that are all listed at the very bottom of what will look like an upside down tree, have become so granular and simple, that any one of them have become STARTING points, that all lead to your DESTINATION.
Do not be afraid to spend a week or more doing this, it is by far a lot more efficient and smarter to spend a day to sharpen your axe to cut down a tree in a few short swings, than spend an entire day hacking away at a tree with a blunt axe.
By the time you get done, it should look like a really large triangle of sorts, with rows that have the least amount of steps at the top and dozens if not hundreds of steps or actions on the very bottom row.
Now, you might consider you are done and that you have the most thought out business plan in the world and there is no possible way you could fail, and while you will certainly out perform others who do not plan, still have skipped an incredibly important step.
You haven’t written down what any of these actions will COST you in terms of time and money.
You likely don’t want to retire and start living your dream life at 65, when you’re so old that you can break a hip riding a jet ski. So now the question becomes, which path will get you to your DESTINATION the fastest for the least amount of time, money, and effort?
Right now, just by looking at the web of possible futures you have created for yourself there is no context or way of telling which path is the easiest and which one will cost you the most or stress you out the most.
What you will read next, is the MOST IMPORTANT step of game theory, and if followed incorrectly will render everything you have done up until this point useless.
In order to add context to this massive web of possible actions and steps before you and to make the entire thing so easy to understand that even a 6 year old can answer the question of “Where do we start?”, we need to add two values.
The first, the time it will take to find and have SOMEONE ELSE do that task.
The second, the amount of money it will cost to have SOMEONE ELSE do that task.
Consider for a moment, what is the #1 trap you hear most entrepreneurs and business owners falling into?
That they get so caught up IN their business instead of ON it, right?
So why would I have you write down the amount of time or money it would cost YOU to do any of the tasks that you have written out?
If you don’t know the time or cost it would take to do a task on your decision tree, ask someone who would know, utilize your network. If you do not have someone in your network, jump on LinkedIn and look up people who are in positions at companies who can.
Make educated estimates, but do not GUESS.
The goal of game theory is to give you the shortest executable path to achieve your end DESTINATION/GOAL and to answer the question that has probably been nagging in the back of your mind of “Where do I start?”.
Once you have filled out the answers to these two questions above for every action you have in your decision tree, have likely made all of your friends feel like you’ve fallen off the deep end and become some mad genius – the real fun starts.
It is time to find the shortest path to success.
You have thousands of ways you can succeed, thousands of ways you can solve the problem of how to get from where you are now to where you want to be, and there is NO WRONG ANSWER, just a series of shorter and longer paths that will get you there.
It’s time to get out a blank notepad and a calculator and get to work. Start adding up which path will take the LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME AND MONEY to get you to your desired end DESTINATION.
Sound like a lot of work? Work smarter, not harder.
Do not calculate paths from the bottom up, start from your DESTINATION and then work backwards yet again. Only follow the path that has the SMALLEST time and monetary commitments, and repeat until you get to the end.
I suggest that you highlight this path as you go in green, as this is the SHORTEST possible path. When you reach the very last action at the bottom, which should be the easiest action you can do today to start on the path of SUCCESS, you have officially found your point of ORIGIN.
In doing everything above, you have literally created a roadmap and system so simple, that if you were to show a 6 year old, they would be able to follow it, and in doing so you have freed yourself from every possible entrepreneurial trap and mental block that would ever get in-between you and the future you are trying to create.
As a consultant, public speaker, and as a serial entrepreneur myself, the greatest barrier I have found that prohibits people from achieving any form of success, is that they (especially business owners and executives) mistake action for progress.
By following game theory and the exercise above, you’ve fundamentally done what 99.9% of people in this world have failed to do. You have predicted the future.
It sounds wild, but in life nearly every person you meet, never considers the consequences of their actions beyond any immediate sense.
That is why 99.9% of people happily exchange time for money, they wake up and go to work because the immediate result is money.
They are too distracted or stressed by relationships, money, how they look and what people think of them, that they never take a moment to step back and consider if the actions they are doing each and every day lead to any true progress. That is the cause of every major world problem.
There isn’t a single school in the nation that teaches you to THINK like this article does. They all teach you to REACT, instead of carefully predict each move you make with calculated precision.
Following the traditional way of thinking will make your life progress no differently than if you were to have a single bow and arrow and fire it with all your might, only to then spend time chasing down the arrow (the direction of your life) to fire it again, only to end up wherever it is that you end up.
Whereas game theory and methodology that I have explained above will allow for you to accomplish each and every desire you ever have in this life.
It is like having that same bow and arrow, but having a clear and defined target to aim for. Instead of exerting all of your effort and strength into aimless progress, your life becomes a series of precise and calculated accomplishments, that all line up to the culmination of the ultimate goal in life – fulfillment.
Whatever you seek in life, whether you seek to create multiple multi-million dollar businesses as I have, to travel the world, to be present with friends and family, or to press the boundaries of human ability or imagination, the drive you have to achieve that goal, the thing you are seeking is called fulfillment.
No book, nor article, nor advice by any “guru” has ever come as close to answering how to achieve the true success or fulfillment as well as game theory does.
This is not just a theory, it is act, the dedicated craft of predictive thinking that is not taught in universities or schools, nor by the internet’s most followed influencers nor business gurus, but the one trend you will find amongst all billionaires and top performers of any industry or craft, is that they all do it.
None of their actions are by chance. Each decision is carefully crafted to set themselves up in the best possible position to achieve the next goal.
If I can give any more of my parting wisdom in this post than I have already, it is that anything easily earned is never truly valued. Our goals are our goals in life because they are hard, because they are worth earning. If they were easily obtained, we wouldn’t task ourselves with trying to accomplish them for they would have no value to us.
The true secret of success, is that success isn’t about having a lot of money, it is about finding fulfillment, a sense of purpose and meaning and pride, in every action you do.
How could you not be happy with a life like that?
A life where you never regret any decision?
That is the true meaning of success, the pursuit of happiness.
Utilizing this way of predictive thinking as I have outlined in the article above, will help you diagnose any problem you have in your life, allow for you to achieve anything you can imagine, and the only limitation of what you can achieve or become in this life, is the belief that you can.
This is the very process I go through with all of my clients, business partners, managers within my companies, and entrepreneurs and executives I coach at private masterminds that I frequently host.
Now that you have the keys to success, and the very blueprint for what has helped me become a multi-millionaire and hit $3M in 15 weeks with my latest company (as was the original title and reason why you clicked on this article), what will you do with it?
Will you study this article and use it to achieve your dreams?
Or will you let life’s distractions distract you from this little gem and will everything you read fade away in time with life’s every day events?
Nobody in this world will ever care about your dreams coming true, so if you don’t make them real, who will?
Thanks for reading!
I can’t wait to see how you apply game theory and this model of predictive thinking in your own life, and if you understand the importance of immersing yourself in the right environment and people, and want to immerse yourself deeper in a culture of select people who think this way, then you can use this very theory to figure out how to get ahold of me and become part of the community of people I surround myself with.
Don’t worry it’s not that many steps to achieve success there 😉 I’m pretty easy to get ahold of…
5 Non-Negotiable Things Millionaires Do Every Day
No matter how busy you are, if you’re an entrepreneur, there are some things you should aim to do every single day. With that in mind, there are some habits that millionaires do on a daily basis that you can adopt in your days.
Below are 5 non-negotiables to include in your daily routine every single day:
1. Reviewing Your Goals
Every morning successful people review their goals to keep focused on what they are waking up for; so they can align their tasks for the day with their goals. Viewing your goals means that you have to write them down first so you’re clear on what you want to achieve.
Looking at them only once a week or once a month isn’t good enough because you will lose focus easily since there are many distractions in this day and age. Writing down your goals for the day and viewing them regularly is a good habit to form. When you’re going to set your schedule for the day and have your goals in front of you always ask yourself, “Will this task get me closer to my goals?” If not, then perhaps you shouldn’t be doing it at all.
“Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.” – Les Brown
2. Completing Your MIT First Thing
MIT stands for Most Important Task. This is the task that has the greatest impact on your bottom line and propels you dramatically closer to your goals. This can change throughout your life as your goals change or you and your business go through different stages of maturity.
There’s an important thing to note here, doing your MIT first thing after you wake up and after your morning routine is essential, as you never know what distractions could come up throughout the day. It also keeps you productive since after completing it you will feel fulfilled knowing that you have completed the most important task of the day.
In fact, in most cases, completing your MIT of the day in the morning means that you could do whatever you want for the rest of the day if you choose to do so.
Learning isn’t optional if you want to keep growing throughout your life. Surely, you wouldn’t want to stay in the same spot where you are right now for the next 10 years would you?
Learning is not about just reading books. In fact, many millionaires consume their knowledge through audiobooks on fast speed so they can consume more in less time and during a commute. It’s no wonder audiobooks have become more popular in recent years.
Nonetheless, this isn’t about audiobooks or physical books. It’s about not letting your hate for reading that most people have stop you from learning and growing. You can be creative about the way you consume your knowledge. Ideally you want to spend at least 60 minutes per day learning and growing your mind so you can enhance your skills and creativity to do different things.
4. Physical Wellbeing
If you want to be a high performance individual then you must take care of your body. The last thing we want is for your body to fail you when you most need it. Be careful about what you put into your body and make sure you are active throughout the day to keep your energy up.
One of the ways I’ve found to be helpful to keep your energy up throughout the day is to jump around, do some jumping jacks or some pushups whenever you are feeling a bit low on that energy.
Exercising 2 or 3 times a week is good, yet that’s not what we are talking about here. What I’m talking about here is just being active everyday, whether it’s a rest day or not. You can go out for a walk or do something light each day.
“Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. Viewing Your Finances
Yes, everyday have a look at your bank account. If it depresses you to look at then perhaps that’s something we need to work on, don’t you think? Not looking at them isn’t the solution, it’s just trying to pretend the problem is not there. The point of looking at your finances is similar to when you look at your goals, except with one slight difference.
When you look at your finances it’s not only to keep you focused on growing them, but also to keep track of how you’re doing financially and whether they’re getting better or worse over time.
You can act successful and pretend your business is doing fine but your finances never lie. By looking at your finances you’re giving yourself a reality check and you’ll be able to know if what you’re doing is working or not.
Remember to focus on your daily goals, complete your most important tasks, learn every day, take care of your wellbeing ,and review your finances to ensure you’re progressing every single day.
Which one of these 5 non-negotiable routines resonated with you the most and why? Let us know your thoughts below!
10 Secrets to Success From Clickfunnels Top Affiliate Spencer Mecham
Are you looking to be an affiliate? You have to acquaint yourself with a couple of tips which guarantee great success. Affiliate marketing you will not get paid until some kinds of actions are taken by the readers.
Identified and explained hereunder are ten secrets for successful affiliate marketing which are proven to guarantee higher values to your readers and the likely maximization of success:
1. Aim at meeting the needs of your target market
Your reader is by far your best asset. When appropriately satisfied, the chances of them taking the necessary courses of actions are raised. For this to happen, you have to understand them inside and out. Do so by inquiring about their pain points, their tastes and preferences, and their expectations of your blog.
Yogita Aggarwal avers that promoting the wrong product is a sure path to failure. To mitigate this, you have to conduct thorough market research.
2. Maintain a fair degree of trustworthiness
Readers are generally smart, and they can easily spot an affiliate link when they come across one. You should not attempt to promote an irrelevant product or bombard them with too many adverts. They will just lose interest, leave and possibly never come back.
You should hence aim at building a pool of repeat visitors. They are the ones who are more likely to drive traffic to your site, place orders and refer others to your site. You can only build good relationships by marketing quality content.
As you do this, be sure to prioritize value addition by sharing only those products which you are confident of being relevant, valuable and sincerely helpful to your readers. Make it a point of disclosing any links or relationships you have with your vendors. This will go a long way in solidifying the trust.
3. Be passionate about what you are doing
It is essential to be passionate about what you are doing or attempting to do. It is almost impossible to succeed in what you do if you don’t truly love it. Avoid marketing only for the sake of money. It is only then that you will be able to generate new ideas and marketing perspectives which are crucial for the success in the field.
“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. Approach the issue one step at a time
Do you desire to manage $5,000 in your first month? Hold on! You will first and foremost have to achieve $1 then $10 and eventually someday to $5,000+. This requires time. You will have to comprehend the psychology and behaviors of your client base first and foremost. After doing that, you will be able to build on that information for higher profit margins.
5. Be helpful
To maximize the possibility of eliciting positive responses from your readers, you have to go further than just letting them know of the existence of your products. Take some time to provide in-depth reviews of the products on sale. Highlight their features and offer brief explanations of just how beneficial they could be to the user.
Preferably, share a personal testimonial or case study in the affiliate link in your review. These build trust and verification which in turn enhance the experience of the visitors considerably. Higher sales will naturally follow after that.
6. Be an ambassador
Instead of promoting the products as a marketer, you are strongly advised to develop them as though they were your own. To do this:
- Review the products by laying particular emphasis on why you think they are better than their competitors.
- Produce tutorials showcasing their use or services.
- Put in place a landing page to enlighten your referrals rather than merely pointing them to your site.
- Recommend one product alongside why you prefer it. This will help undecided buyers make rational decisions.
- Enforce some bonuses for the high-value affiliates and joint ventures deals
The steps above will let your affiliates make their decisions from a more informed position. On the same note, they will enable you to gain added influence and authority for your own, not to mention deepening relationships between your provider and you.
“Trust is built with consistency.” – Lincoln Chafee
7. Uphold great transparency in your affiliate relationships
It is necessary that you uphold a significant degree of transparency in your affiliate relationships. Your readers will definitely appreciate your honesty and will gladly contribute to your earnings. They will often track any dishonesty readily. This will definitely scare them away from your site and drive them to the websites of your competitors.
To further stand out of the crowd, you might want to offer a bonus for any action taken from your site. This is extremely useful when in a field that is saturated with many other players.
8. Choose the various affiliate products keenly
Take some time to go through the list of various products that are available. In particular, match them with the expectations, tastes, and preferences of your target market. As you promote them, alter the ads every now and then, attempt different graphics and texts to find the most effective ones.
You will have to spend some time before arriving at the best formula possible. While at it, you will also realize the need to rotate or alter ads from time to time to captivate the attention of the audience well.
Generally speaking, digital ads are better options. They have higher conversion rates and generate higher commission rates. For maximum profits, consider promoting products that are highly priced and those that renew each month.
9. Work on a strong reputation within your niche
Affiliate marketing is generally more sophisticated and highly profitable. Rather than building one-page campaigns, focus on putting in place a sales funnel, assets, and other things which have a higher value. Identify the best niche and stick to it. These steps will not only earn the trust of your visitors but also develop stronger relationships with your advertisers.
10. Generate and post high-quality content
Your content marketing strategy should be your highest priority. The content serves as the foundation and the lifeblood upon which your site is hinged. Readers will only be interested in your site if it contains helpful and valuable content.
This being the case, you should aim at excellent furnishing contents and effective monetizing strategies which are proved to work out well. You will lose readers if you make the slightest attempt to compromise your content. That, of course, will lead to the forfeiture of the opportunity to make any money from your adverts like referral-based and cost-per-click.
All said and done, the quality of your content is the single most contributing factor of the credibility of your blog, website, or business. Hence it is in your best interest to invest heavily in it if you ever hope to make any meaningful success!
Which one of the above 10 secrets to success from Spencer Mecham resonated most with you? Let us know your thoughts below!
5 Steps to Financial Mindfulness
How Video Games Made Me A Multi-Millionaire
5 Non-Negotiable Things Millionaires Do Every Day
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Ways Successful People Stay Healthy
- Life4 weeks ago
Don’t Wait for Permission to Chase Your Dreams
- Life4 weeks ago
How to Breathe Life Into Your 10-Year Vision by Joel Brown
- Life4 weeks ago
Your Gut Feeling Is More Important Than You Think
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Signs You Can Turn Your Life Around Even if It Seems Impossible
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Why Focus Is the Key to Faster Success if You Have Too Many Goals
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Tai Lopez’s 6 Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety as an Entrepreneur
- Life3 weeks ago
Follow These 5 Steps to Radically Transform Your Negative Mindset