Success Advice

10 Reasons Why Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Is So Successful

Dwayne the rock johnson
Image Credit: The Guardian

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has reached greater success than most could ever imagine. Professional wrestling brought his charismatic style to millions of people and the wrestling world quickly adopted him as one of their most liked wrestlers. After dominating for years, Dwayne Johnson gained the attention of Hollywood producers, this allowed Dwayne to branch off and find success as an actor. However, there are many reasons why Dwayne rose to fame and high levels of success.

Read on for a look into how Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has become so successful.

1. He Is Very Charismatic

Dwayne Johnson The RockWhen Dwayne is in public, he is very charismatic. He electrifies the room like no other person can. This has allowed him to appeal to many people. Everyone just wants to see what he will do next and this has been a major point of his success.

Without being charismatic, Dwayne Johnson may never have transitioned from minor fame to the mega success he is today.

2. He Possesses A Competitive Nature

Dwayne The Rock Johnson twitterBeing competitive has been the driving force behind his success. Everything that he does, he puts his all into it whether it be wrestling or acting.

If people do not work hard, they do not achieve their dreams. This is something that separates him from everyone else. He wants to be the best at all times and will not settle for anything less.

3. He Is Very Entertaining

The Rock Dwayne JohnsonPersonality has a lot to do with his success, especially in acting. Dwayne always finds a way to relate to his fans. Whether it be the “people’s eyebrow” or his radiant smile, he finds ways to make the audience more involved. He is the person everyone roots for simply because he is so likable.

4. He Has A Successful Family

dwayne the rock johnson familyFamily connections have a lot to do with The Rock getting his start in wrestling. After his football career came to an end, he had help from his father who was a former wrestler. In fact, his grandfather, uncles and cousins were all wrestlers as well.

In essence, he joined the family business and learned what it takes to succeed from his father.

5. He Follows His Dreams

the rock wrestlingEverything in life has a purpose for Dwayne. No matter what his dreams were, becoming a wrestler, acting or football, he did extremely well because he wasn’t afraid to follow his dreams. Without the drive to succeed and be the best, he might not have excelled the way he has.

Dwayne Johnson followed his dreams, but more importantly, he did everything in his power to transform them into a reality.

6. He Works His Ass Off!

Dwayne Johnson in the gymDuring his “Once in a Lifetime Documentary” on USA, The Rock recalled his football failures. He mentioned that it devastated him, but made him work harder when training to be a wrestler.

Dwayne recalls training for hours each day and contributes his hard working ethic to his success.

7. He Found a Mentor

Dwayne The Rock Johnson MentorDwayne Johnson had a rough childhood and was arrested nine times by the time he was 17. He was headed down the wrong path and needed an immediate change. Luckily, his childhood football coach reached out to him and asked him to join football to stay out of trouble. His coach, a probation officer, started a football team to keep kids off of the streets and doing something productive.

8. He Learns From His Failures

Dwayne JohnsonWhen his football career ended and he hit rock bottom, Dwayne Johnson was forced to move back in with his parents. His life was in shambles, he spent 10 years training to be a football player before his dream ended. However, he attributes this to his success because hitting rock bottom made him realize that he has to work even harder to reach his dreams.

9. He Surrounds Himself With Great People

dwayne johnson fast fiveDeciding to be friends with good people changed his life dramatically. If he would have stayed with the same crowd, he might have been thrown in jail. He knew that certain aspects of his life had to change, so he cut out all of the bad people in his life. This allowed him to feed off of their success and grow as a person.

10. Dwayne Takes Risks

dwayne johnson rockTaking risks has enabled Dwayne Johnson to venture from wrestling to acting. If he wasn’t successful in acting, he might have passed up his fame in wrestling. Since the sport is very unforgiving, time away could have resulted in him not being a fan favorite anymore. However, he took the risk and has become a very successful actor.

Dwayne Johnson should be an inspiration to everyone. The decisions he made in life are what ultimately led to his success. Oftentimes, his life took a turn for the worse and the end of his football career was a major turning point in his life. Instead of giving up, he dedicated himself to aiming high and becoming a wrestler. Shortly after, he became one of the most well known wrestlers of all time and is now on the road to be a highly acclaimed hollywood actor and role model for all who are willing to be the best that they can be.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Quotes

“Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort. And we control both.”- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

“Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

“In 1995 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

Be the person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, “aww shit.. they’re up”. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

Think back 5 yrs ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead 5 yrs andwhat you want to accomplish. Be Unstoppable. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

“If something stands between you and your success – move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

“Success isn’t overnight. It’s when everyday you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.” Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Picture Quote

Article By Joel Brown | Addicted2Success.com

1. Craig T. Bradley

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm

The Rock gives very inspiring thoughts. The lord up a above give you all the tools you need to be successful.

• Joyce Stanley

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:22 am

Yes. Following humans is a sure fire way to be disappointed. Gods word will never fail. Jesus lived by his Fathers word and so should we. Thanks for the thought.

2. charles

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I like the one about getting a little better everyday, if you could do this you would be amazing in your later years of life.

3. molly salaivao

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:49 am

Hey! guys did you know he is one of my favourite hero in the world!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Lionheart

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I love the Rock! He’s not only entertaining, but an intelligent individual. I’m happy for his success and hard work that it took to get there. I as a Husband and a Father long for this kind of achievement. Very inspirational and motivating. Thank you for posting.

The Lioneart

5. tyrone powers

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm

amazing article; I’m bookmarking this. I recently started look to th Great One for inspiration/motivation with bodybuilding and reaching for my dreams in general. He really is an amazing cat and I know that one day I’ll build myself and name up to the point that I’ll be able to meet him.

6. arjun

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

big big big big big big fan sir…
    i want to c dwayne once in my life

u r my inspiration sirrr
    big big big big…………..
    i cant say anything..no words…………………………………….

• molly salaivao

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:51 am

true brooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Eve Alex

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:38 pm

One major part of his life and success is his confidence and his ability to say “I can and will succeed”. Not all of us have that and not all of us have met a mentor. I try to motivate my children and people that I meet every day. Many of my ideas, I share freely with others and some may see this as a “give away” but I see it as helping others and “passing it on”.

I met him at the UK premier of Race To Witch Mountain. when he sign a very special DVD. Unfortunately my children missed out on a photo with him. That would have made their dreams come true and would have given them the much needed motivation that they so desperately need.

The “I can and will succeed” comes at a price that many cannot afford, emotionally and physically. But he is a great Team Leader and we admire him from afar. We will one day have some success, one day……

8. monicamcnamara

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:17 am

I was delighted when Dwayne spoke to me and extra on the set of walking tall.and had his pic taken with me 2x My agency and my doctor all women framed and put that on thier desks and i got tons of attention from casting just from that kindness .dwayne u are aremarkable person in so many ways and i am always your faithful fan<3

9. Rosa Elia Rodriguez

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

The Rock is a great inspiration he lights a spark in our soul to get moving and to achieve more and not settle for less. He is truly blessed .

• Joyce Stanley

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:55 am

True 🙂

10. Joyce Stanley

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I loved this article.. its true that no one can give you success .. You have to see what you want then work at attaining it.. hes done wonderful with his talents ..touching so many hearts.. its a cruel world filled with people needing hope..and forgiveness. I never knew about him being arrested.. Now if anyone hadnt seen “The Gridiron Gang” do so.. Mr Johnson must have relived some or many of those lines.. truly a humble feeling to get to where he is.. we all go back to dust in the end.. we hope the life we lived. We live in such a way that when we are fast asleep in death we will hear Jesus voice call our name telling us to Get Up!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH MR D JOHNSON.. I HOPE ETERNITY FINDS YOU IN THE PLACE GOD WANTS YOU
    Yours Truly
    joyce stanley
    hollywood fl

11. Allan

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Very impressed by Dwayne and all that he accomplished. His twitter account is awesome, I love that he connects with his fans. Keep it up!!

12. Yo

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:54 pm

These are more like 5 reasons.. So repetitive

13. 2gnoME

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:24 am

Great post! Passion comes first. Then comes self awareness, knowing what traits you excel in!

@2gnoME

14. Success

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:55 am

Great Article!

15. Blake Rogers

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Being inspired helps give us the energy to pursue our dreams. I just hope that many more know how to keep that energy and reach the stars! Business coaching is a wonderful way to have both a mentor and someone who can see your blind spots.

16. Ike

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:39 am

This is very inspirational!

17. Linda Davidson

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:19 am

Love your site! I think the Rock also has a great sense of humor and is not afraid to step out of his comfort zone and laugh at himself. Thought he was a great SNL host and I enjoy the wide variety of movies he has made.

18. Mojisola

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:37 am

Beautiful message! Simply Amazing…….

19. Adrian Keys

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:58 pm

The Rock has done very well. Truly inspirational!

20. Amandah

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Having a mentor is important if you want to be successful. It’s too bad that most schools don’t have a mentoring programs for kids. Heck! Adults need mentors too. If you want to be successful, you need an outstanding role model. This is a person who wants you to succeed and is willing to help you succeed in life.