Will Smith’s Top 9 Inspirational Quotes

Will Smith 2014 Quotes

Maybe you see Will Smith as just some awesome guy with an arsenal of talents. He can rap and act, he’s charismatic and cool.

Will has an undeniable track record of success that anyone would be envious of. What you may not know about The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is that, upon digging deeper, he’s a great source of inspiration filled with deep philosophy.

Here are quotes by Will Smith and interpretations on how you can apply them in life.

9 Will Smith Quotes For Inspiration

Will Smith Life Quote“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”

That’s how it is for everyone of us. “Throughout life”, meaning life doesn’t stop for any of us.  And along with that, the 7 billion people on this planet are all here to stay, and some of them are bound to make you feel less-than-stellar, one time or another.

will smith money quote“We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people who do not care.”

Is money controlling your life? Are you working hard for money to get luxuries and other stuff for a certain kind of image you want to portray?

Money is important in life, but it’s more important to not be consumed by it. Remember that there’s more to life than just buying things. Go out and live.

will smith mediocrity ali quote“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.”

Hey nothing wrong with being realistic. We’re only human.

But don’t ever let the idea of being realistic hold you back. Being realistic doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take risks. It shouldn’t scare you! Don’t be mediocre. Work hard for what you want, even if what you want seems crazy to others.

will smith happy“Money & success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”

You’re totally special and entirely amazing the way you are. You have unique talents.

You have natural abilities. They all make up for the only [insert your name] that is in this world.

Too bad that a lot of people think money and a proven track record are needed to soar in life. You don’t. Give yourself a chance, and try, you can pretty much do anything.

will smith quote about life“Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings & emotions”.

Stop caring about what others think of you, especially from people you hardly even know!

Stop being so affected by the things they say or do to the point where your mind is clouded by them and your left with nothing but unhappy feelings inside.

Let these unimportant people go by your life. You don’t know them well, so don’t let them impact you in ways you don’t want.

will smith i am legend“You can cry, ain’t no shame in it. “

If you’re sad, express it. We’ve created ideas around crying today such that people repress themselves, which isn’t healthy.

Crying is a very natural thing for all of us. Don’t be ashamed about it just because you’re human.

will smith school fresh prince“The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school. “

Getting an education may be important, but that’s not all to life.

You can learn a huge load outside of school, not by a teacher. And you don’t need to be validated by grades. Grades don’t judge your degree of competence.

Go out and experience life. Your very own experience is a great teacher on its own and the lessons you learn will stick with you for life.

will smith Inspiration“The first step is you have to say that you can. “

It’s all about attitude.

Whatever goal you want to reach, whatever you want to do in life, your success originates from your attitude.

And it’s got to be a good one. Believe that you can, and you’ll never know what you can achieve in life.

And my all time favourite quote…

will smith workout gym“The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is that I’m not afraid to DIE on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, but if we get on a treadmill together, there are two things:

1- You’re getting off first

OR

2- I’m gonna DIE

It’s really that simple”

Pure determination, pure confidence.

Nothing more, nothing less. Look at Will Smith today.

Work hard, and you’ll definitely get what you want in life.

1. Stole

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:17 pm

“We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people who do not care.” This one isn’t from him, It’s from Fight Club, said by Tyler Durden.

2. Corey Roncoroni

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Here’s a man who many did not know thought in such a way geared towards success. He truly understands how success works and attracted every part of it into his life. Everyone can, and should learn from him.

3. Goldy Kent

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Will Smith is (the life guide book) for all of us…
    Thanks for the great article

4. fionαtαy™ (@B2UTYFULLYME)

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:59 am

O M G.

“”“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”

That’s how it is for everyone of us. “Throughout life”, meaning life doesn’t stop for any of us. And along with that, the 7 billion people on this planet are all here to stay, and some of them are bound to make you feel less-than-stellar, one time or another.

So don’t get too affected by them or even allow them to bring you down. Just let it go, and move on with life. Let God, or well if you don’t believe in God, let the universe deal with them on its own.””

The above fits my situation right now!

Thank you so much! I’m not gonna let haters to affect me a bit. I believe their hatred will make me stronger each day and I’ll become wiser each day too 🙂 Thanks so much, Alden Tan for this article 🙂

5. celine

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm

will smith for me he is really on of the man who is gave the best to reach i he want and it s just fabilous to see he performance

6. manan

May 10, 2013 at 7:27 pm

i salute this guy he speaks straight from the heart and strikes a chord immediately

7. theheartoftasi

May 10, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Will Smith has always been such an inspiration to me. He is absolutely amazing. Thanks for this great post.

8. Max

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm

What a great person Will Smith is!
    I think he’s one of the most talented people out there. He can do anything, music, dancing, acting, name it.

Here’s 2 more inspirational quotes from him :

In my mind, I’ve always been an A-list Hollywood superstar. Y’all just didn’t know yet.

I don’t know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.

9. Kenny Ternell Hawthorne

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Will my Pastor shared your Addicted to Success Wednesday night bible study. To show us who we are and can be in the same example. I lost my job as a flight attendant and my dream is to be an entrepreneur. I strive very hard to put out in the atmosphere and believe in myself. That I can do it I was there when Bishop Eddie Long introduce it to the NewBirth Family. I am going to fullfill my destiny if I have to die trying.

10. Syed Z Imam

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:30 am

Will Smith gives a great example through Treadmill to convey firmly about determination & confidence based on hard work, & not be afraid to die. Syed, Delhi(India)

11. Drod Tunstall

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:16 pm

‘Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like’.
    — Will Smith?
    This is clearly not an original quote. It would be better attributed to Victor Papanek who in his book (Design for the real world,1971) wrote: ‘Too many people buy things they don’t need, with money they don’t have, in order to impress neighbours who don’t care”

Will Smith was about 3 years old when Papanek wrote that line.

12. chef sarafat Ali

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it.

13. Parin

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:15 am

Will Smith truly lives, and breathes, the hardwork * dedication mentality. Thanks for shairng these quotes!

14. Richard Santos

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Great quotes! Will Smith is definitely a role model to follow. He’s driven and very confident about himself.

15. Mohan

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:18 am

Hi guys these quotes are really inspiring..
    Life is so b,ful and there is so much to learn out of it..

16. Argena

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:44 pm

This is an amazing and inspiring post. I love Will Smith- he is a go getter and someone who can help motivate you. He should be a role model to more young people.

• Alden

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Yeah man unlike other celebrities, he’s really out there and open about success! Love the inspiration.

• karthik

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:10 am

Yes i Agree !!

17. deji yusuf

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I must confess this is a very very motivating post..this is what a youth who wanna take over the world needs to read!

• Alden

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:05 pm

For sure! Spread it to the youths!

18. Calvin

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I agree with Amandah

19. Blake

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Great article! I’d love to link this story or other similar ones on my website

• Alden

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Hey Blake,

Go ahead! Just check with Joel of Addicted 2 Success.

20. Amandah

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for sharing these wonderful quotes from Will Smith! Reading these every week or reading one a day is a good way to begin your week.

• Alden

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Hey Amandah,

Glad you like them!

You should watch interviews of him on YouTube! It’s way more awesome.

30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up

Michelle obama quotes
Image Credit: Crown Publishing

Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.

She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.

Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:

1. “When they go low, we go high.”

2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”

3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”

4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”

5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”

6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”

7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”

8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”

9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”

10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”

11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”

12.Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”

13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”

14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”

15. “Choose people who lift you up.”

16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”

17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”

18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”

19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”

20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”

21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”

22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”

23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”

24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”

25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”

26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”

27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”

28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”

29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”

30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”

What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!

90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!

Today we have 90 of the Beefiest Success & Motivation Quotes you should have tattooed on your body. (more…)

42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

35 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)

31 Highly Successful Women Share Their Most Powerful Quotes

Quotes by Powerful and Successful Women Female Success quotes

Here is a nice collection of some of the worlds most powerful quotes by successful women. (more…)